Atlas Copco Comptec Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Atlas Copco Comptec Reviews

Updated May 28, 2019

3.4
Atlas Copco Comptec CEO Ronnie Leten (no image)
Ronnie Leten
  1. "Becoming a more miserable environment with every passing day. Be very cautious about expectations working here."

Current Employee - Lower Level Employee

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than a year

Pros

If something has to be listed, apparently the company wasn’t as always this poor in terms of atmosphere. (This must have been a long time ago)

Cons

Where to even begin? The reason they are so generous with giving vacation time is because they know the workforce would revolt and leave the company without any breaks. Most people have a “it’s not my job” attitude, so nothing gets done on time ever. Nearly every single project is now late, causing the stress level to become unbearable for some people. Many qualified workers are nearing retirement age, leaving the... outlook for the company within 5 years to be pretty poor. Most newer workers aren’t vetted or trained properly to function in their roles, even at the most basic levels (HR does an absolutely terrible job at vetting resumes, many recent hires skill sets don’t even match their resumes). The social attitude of the plant is also hyper-conservative, which can make some people feel uncomfortable. The upper level management of the plant has absolutely no clue as to what the current industry activity has done to delay all their projects (They just tell people to improve delivery but have no follow up or process to try and improve, and even if they did, the current industry conditions are the same all over in terms of delivery). Most people seem stressed out and prone to temper (which I don’t blame them). It just seems like a fruitless effort at this point, most hard work becomes irrelevant or just ignored due to the chaos of the building. Not a place to feel excited about the future. The location is also in a run down little village, making the commute even more of a depressing endeavor. And I won’t even go into why the worst companies to deal with are OTHER Atlas Copco entities. Maybe in the future things will be different, but for sure not within a 5 year period.

Advice to Management

Massive change is needed from top to bottom, and it needs to happen immediately, not over time. Fire the people who don’t do their jobs and reward the people who do. Try to expand and have a small office somewhere a little more accessible than the current location. Realize that the industry has changed, and regardless of all the corporate propaganda about why Atlas is so amazing, actually start to maneuver the... company to be more in tuned with the 21st century. Actually try to listen to low level to mid level employees, not just the managers who only care about creating a misleading sense of prosperity to the GM. Things just seem to be in complete turmoil and management seems blind to it all.

Atlas Copco Comptec2019-05-29
  2. "Good place to work, with potential for self growth."

Former Employee - Various Positions Held Over the Years in Voorheesville, NY

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Office dynamic is mostly good Decent benefits Good retirement plan Potential for growth if one is motivated Most of management have an open door policy

Cons

In my experience, there was little transparency. Understand that employees don't need to know every little thing, but a little more communication goes a long way.

Atlas Copco Comptec2019-01-16
  3. "Good for Paying Bills and Flex Time, Bad for Advancement and Training"

Former Employee - Controls Engineer in Voorheesville, NY

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex Time is by far the biggest pro. They also will pay for further education as long as it's relevant to your position or position you wish to work up to. Every year and a half you can seek a new position if one is available and you are qualified for the position. I also very much enjoy speaking with the specialist and learning from them as they have years of experience and are rich encyclopedias of knowledge. I... also enjoy the cafeteria which is very reasonably priced. Good selection in the vending machines as well. The shop floor is open to office employees (not to say we should be hovering down there) to inspect your jobs or others to get a better understanding or catch mistakes. Also, the shop floor workers are very helpful and always willing to explain (as long as they're not swamped). I'm sure there's more but I feel this is a good list for now.

Cons

Very little training is given to you as a new employee, if it can really be called that. I personally enjoy the challenge of trying to learn everything I need in order to complete the task at hand, but eventually you can’t ask the right questions if you don’t know what the question you’re trying to ask is. Uniformity is also an issue. Due to the lack of training, many groups perform tasks using different methods.... Because of this, when an end user within the company (i.e. Aftermarket, Quality Assurance, etc.) goes to grab information, it may not always be as clear or even in the same location as another group. Advancement in this company seems to be a perk of granted only to those friendly with management or have been there for a very long time. Without training, a capable employee is unable to advance at any rate considered reasonable. In my final years there, specialists were quitting or retiring at an accelerated rate with no active plan to replace their knowledge, experience, or workload. So, often this work was put on the unappreciated few who were willing to work their butts off. Although I wasn’t their long enough to consider having gained “loyalty” I had seen many 20, or even 30 year veterans paid off to save the company money. Instead of working with employees to cut costs, they often resort to layoffs.

Advice to Management

Offer more training to new employees (or just show where to find a lot of the online training). I'd also recommend slowly working with teams to set standards in areas such as document control, item creation and and descriptions. I am positive there are work instructions for all of this, but it still seems to be an issue between teams. Maybe discussing with the Engineering Team Leaders and Project Engineers what... standards are used, what should be used, and what changes could/should be made to the current standards to better fit the current style. All just my opinion though. =)

Atlas Copco Comptec2018-10-12

"Quality"

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

No pre training for job. Lays off experienced people that have been there for over 20 yrs. next person is lacking a lot of needed skills.

Advice to Management

Need loyalty to employees

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-11-19
  5. "Service Sales Manager"

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time

Pros

Good company, salary and benefits

Cons

Constant change from management. Some changes happen in the same week or month.

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-10-19
  6. "Inside Service Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Work/Life balance Excellent benefits Great compensation

Cons

High management turnover Constant change Limited advancement opportunities

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-07-15
  7. "product manager"

Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Young America, IN

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

professional organization good to work for

Cons

For me Atlas Copco Comptec changed sales strategies

Advice to Management

try and keep quality employees

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-03-16
  8. "Great"

Former Intern - Intern in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec for less than a year

Pros

Work Environment, the people, the experience

Cons

The pay and some job duties

Advice to Management

Great

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-01-24
  9. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Voorheesville, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well respected product in the industry, very knowledgeable and experienced coworkers

Cons

Inefficiency in many phases, lack of transparency with company goings-on

Advice to Management

Strengthen communication to the non-management employees, transparency

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-01-10

"Atlas Copco Comptech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorheesville, NY

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Technical specialists are long term employees who are very helpful and share their vast knowlege and work experiances. This is helpful in culturing and development of new employees.

Cons

Department frontline management seam to be disconnected in objectives and goals. Lack of consistancy business tools and communications needed to develope a stronger combined work force.

Advice to Management

Involve employees in the decision makeing processes that directly impact their performance and deviate from their job descriptions. Adapt and implement a comprehensive training program to include familiarization of functions by other departments for a better understanding of overall operations.

Atlas Copco Comptec2017-01-11