Atlassian Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 15, 2019

4.3
Atlassian CEO Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
  • "The work life balance is whatever you want it to be(in 51 reviews)

• "Great tech culture with smart people all around where I learnt a lot from(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Power center shifted to San Francisco even when head office is in Sydney(in 21 reviews)

• "There are certainly growing pains because we're growing so fast(in 18 reviews)

1. "Best work culture going around"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Work culture is awesome! 2. Awesome quality work 3. Everyone is interested in helping and encouraging

Cons

Could not come up with a con! I spent 5 min(literally)

Atlassian2019-10-03
  2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Happy Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

The founders expect each one to make an impact, which means that equal amount of freedom is given to employees to choose their path and method to do it. Love the RSUs and the value it brings in!!! GREAT work /life balance! We are home well before sunset; gives ample time with family. No early morning, late night meetings. The management here is pleasantly /surprisingly accommodative and really value... everyone's opinion. It's not an eyewash. They really take your opinions and decisions are centred around employees' needs and comfort! No amount of BRAGGING is enough to describe our CULTURE. It's very practical, humane and REAL. Folks fly down to Bengaluru to inculcate the great culture that has been meticulously build over the years. THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE between Atlassian and any other company, no matter how big, old or rich. Atlassian emphasises a lot on getting the culture right and it shows in everything that we do.

Cons

This is not a con: number of meetings can be overwhelming sometimes. But, we recognise the fact that engineers need alone time. So, Mondays are "no meetings" day!

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing, please keep it up, because the liberty of expression the employees enjoy here, is truly priceless!

Atlassian2019-09-17

"Open policies and respectful work environment"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time

Pros

Atlassian does a lot of things well – Internal documentation – technical, semi-technical and informal blogs that provide new folks with context on past decisions, and keep the fast-growing company feel less sparse. A design-engineering-product triad model that encourages a high trust between various function, and greater ownership with YBIYRI. A healthy work culture, opportunities to work with and learn... from Atlassians in other locations. Some really good mentors (you just need to ask!)

Cons

The current office location (Eco-world) makes work-life balance a harder for those who aren't staying close by. By no means is the traffic an Atlassian-only problem, but when you've to spend 45 minutes to get outside the tech park (10 mins by walk) only to further get bottlenecked by the ORR traffic outside, it kills you a little. You'd expect a company like Atlassian to give this factor a little more importance... than other companies, who either oblivious to it or have given up.

Atlassian2019-08-13

"Place to unleash your potential"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

- challenging environment. -feels like a start up in Bangalore but it is a well established enterprise and not a scrappy start up. -Awesome perks and benefits. - Accessible leadership. -Great Products. -importance and significance of TEAM valued.

Cons

One for me would probably be the location of the Bangalore office in Eco World due to the ORR traffic and to pain to get out of the tech park in peak hours.

Advice to Management

To maintain the consistency of the global leadership values here in India as well and make sure that is not diluted or compromised in any way as it's important the values and culture disseminate from the leadership to the rest of the individuals in the organisation.

5. "Simply nice!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice environment, talented people Work-life balance Good pay Amenities and perks

Cons

Nothing so far, too early to comment

Atlassian2019-07-16
  6. "Great company with an awesome culture"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atlassian prides itself for being open and you can visibly see this difference in the culture and in the way people work here. Working on flagship products being used by millions is a great feeling in itself. We also moved to a new office with great facilities which has added to the positivity of the company.

Cons

Going through the stage of new MNCs growing in Bengaluru, India away from the central office. But, local leadership has taken on this challenge well and working to make this a great place to work in India.

7. "Simply awesome"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits are really good and constantly improves

Cons

higher annual pay packages and pay raises

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Atlassian2019-07-09
  8. "Best workplace"

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work life balance - Great benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Atlassian2019-07-02
  9. "Awesome work Culture"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have loved coming to work here. High work autonomy, smart people to work along, awesome programs, inclusive and growth driven. strong values.

Cons

not anything that I can think of now.

Advice to Management

with the fast change, please keep the amazing culture

Atlassian2019-06-04

"Great folks to work with!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great culture, driven by solid values. They talk a lot about the values during your interview process, I thought it was all just there to impress candidates - turns out Atlassian truly lives up to each promise they make. Bengaluru office is a great piece of real estate with free gourmet catered food (breakfast, lunch, dinner - the whole nine yards). Good hardware provided to work with, open hierarchy and... no politics are some of the top pros.

Cons

If you are a late night person like me, you might miss out on meetings with Australia folks a few times, since they are early morning. This is not a big con though, given the timings are generally flexible and WFH is a real option. Commute to outer ring road is a bit of a hassle, after moving from Koramangala and Indiranagar - but well, this is BLR! :)

Advice to Management

Please maintain the current work culture, occasionally most Indian offices fall in the politics/bureaucracy trap. It needs solid work to maintain this amazing culture. I'm sure you can help keep the global Atlassian culture alive in India too.

Atlassian2019-05-13