Audigy Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Audigy Group Reviews

3.1
Brandon M. Dawson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I've spent the past 10 years as a part of the Audigy team" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance, industry changes, and some people are negative but I guess you can find that anywhere" (in 10 reviews)

1. "TEEEEAAAAMMMM!!!"

I worked at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

Small company with a big heart and amazing talent at all levels. I felt like part of the family. It's the kind of company that you can hug the President and have a friendly conversation with anyone at the senior level. I was empowered to make the position what I wanted it to be and I had leaders around me that championed what was possible.

Cons

Average pay and average benefits for a smaller company.

Advice to Management

The most critical thing is not getting in the way of ourselves.

"Meaningful work, opportunity for growth and flexibility"

Current Employee - Corporate Training Manager in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Training Manager in Vancouver, WA (US)

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked at Audigy as an individual contributor for over 5 years, my experience has been a really positive one. I have had at least 4 managers, and all have been great to work with. I really feel like all of them have been authentically interested in helping me achieve my personal, professional and financial goals - to the extent a manager/employer can actually do that. They have been really supportive of a number of personal/professional development requests, and were flexible and caring at all levels of leadership when I had personal challenges. The team environment means that the meaningful work we do is collaborative and fun. Any feedback from employee surveys is taken seriously, and I believe we make incremental improvements every year. We have missed the top workplaces recognition by just a few spots the last few years... but I would recommend working at Audigy to anyone. I really feel like Audigy makes a difference in the communities we and our members serve, and it's great to be a part of something bigger.

Cons

Salaries are mid-range, but the benefits are good. In reality, there are so many other benefits that outweigh making a few more dollars. I've worked for a lot more in comparable roles at other companies and been miserable.

Advice to Management

Make sure all staff are aware of the big picture and tie what they do every day to how we are really changing lives. Demonstrate with actions how much you care and appreciate them. Engage with and learn from other managers who seem to be doing well with engaging their staff.

"Manager manager manager"

I worked at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

None that I have seen

Cons

Everyone is a manager or director. Took many cooks in the kitchen but none of the skilled enough to make a meal.

"We don't know what we're doing. Can you help?"

Former Employee - General Ledger Accountant in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Former Employee - General Ledger Accountant in Vancouver, WA (US)

I worked at Audigy Group part-time

Pros

Nice facility, Spectacular HR landing, Very friendly and warm colleagues.

Cons

Good grief where to start.
    Awful middle management. My experience was short but everyone I had contact with the position of "*** Manager doesn't have a clue what is happening next and worse doesn't know what happened before. Perhaps too rapid turnover?
    No training procedures published online or otherwise.

Advice to Management

#1 Close your ridiculous fishbowl meeting room on the third floor. If I need to go to the bathroom even just once a day I shouldn't have to walk past that unprofessional display. Seriously, at least put up some screens so I don't have to look at you with your feet on the table and your hands behind your neck and you won't have to see me everytime I use the restroom. Please grow up. I can't believe anyone's ego is so fragile that they need this display.
    #2 If you need someone to do a job to the point of interviewing, you need to be honest with the candidate. You need to be able to articulate precisely what you need of an individual to fill this role. You also need to listen to the interviewee's expectations, needs, and abilities. If you can't do that you have no business interviewing and for that matter managing.
    #3 Stop spending so much energy fighting negative reviews. There is very good advice in many of these negative reviews. It is nothing personal. Learn from them.

"A Vehicle for Growth Personally and Professionally"

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Audigy team are a group of individuals that are of a different caliber. They are people who are self-driven by purpose and passion. They truly desire results and will stop at nothing to obtain them. This passion stems across the businesses we serve and trickles down into their personal lives. We often hear that employees leave their jobs because of their boss or the people they work with. This has been absolutely true in my career. At Audigy, the reverse is true; I stay because of the people I work with. The leadership has built a culture of excellence that allows for creativity, exploration, goal attainment, professional development and maturity.

Cons

Many of these can be seen as a con depending on what you are looking for:
    -The job can be very demanding with travel (position pending).
    -There is constant change so that you will never feel comfortable.
    -The company is now public (not much has changed since and it's still an incredible place to work although we are slowly seeing some trickling of the corporate atmosphere)

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and they will continue to work very hard for you and the membership!

"Rewarding place to work"

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

Employee benefits are great. 401k match, they care about whether or insurance provider is easy to work with, cell phone reimbursement, gym membership, lots of company lunches and dinners, etc. Plus we get to travel often to meet with our members and it's nice to get out of the Vancouver weather often. Can't say enough about the people I work with caring about their work and their relationships.

Cons

Work-life balance, industry changes, and some people are negative but I guess you can find that anywhere.

Advice to Management

None

"Unfortunate"

I worked at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

The relationships you build, internally and externally.

If you stroke the right ego's and play politics well...nonstop, you are golden.

Cons

High turnover.

Smoke and mirrors. Great at selling the career opportunity. Not great at keeping their word and great employees.

Too bad AG does not practice what they preach or utilize the best practices that are the foundation of what they consult and sell. Yeah they sell things well, they will also sell you out, no problem.

if you want to sacrifice your family life, career, and maybe your soul, you should apply at Audigy Group.

Advice to Management

Not that management would take any advice, but the oldie but goodie works...treat others like you would want them to treat you. Or better yet, how you would want or allow them to treat your mother or your kids.
    What comes around, goes around.

"Company culture"

Former Employee - Development Professional in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Development Professional in Vancouver, WA (US)

I worked at Audigy Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was built on culture and relationships both internal and the members served. They provide a lot of training and tools

Cons

The company was recently sold and is now a public company. The culture shifted from service and relationships to bottom line expense/revenue.

"A company full of awesome people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA (US)

I worked at Audigy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly phenomenal co-workers, there was seriously not a single person I did not get along with
    Good training
    Younger staff that is open to sharing ideas
    Great benefits
     Very positive work environment
    Flexible schedule options

Cons

There are a lot of cliques - especially among management.
    Advancement is more challenging for some than it is for others
    Management is younger and "grew up" in their careers at Audigy so while they experienced growing into their roles other staff felt like their inexperience hurt the company and individual employee growth at times.

Advice to Management

A little less favoritism would be nice.

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

I really like the people i work with and my boss is spectacular. i love the team i'm on and am happy.

Cons

there's a lot of politics and gossip around the office. sometimes success is based off metrics outside our control

Advice to Management

don't forget how you got where you are!