BAE Systems USA Reviews

Found 2,444 of over 2,765 reviews

3.8
BAE Systems USA President and CEO Tom Arseneault
Tom Arseneault
Pros
  • "Work life balance and teamwork(in 129 reviews)

• "9/80 work week is key for work life balance(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The disconnect from upper management from middle management is difficult to work with(in 72 reviews)

• "Large company can be very difficult to navigate unless you have the right sponsorship(in 49 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great work environment with many options for both career and personal growth

Dec 12, 2020 - Director of Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging and meaningful work. Great environment. Company that cares about both personal well-being and career growth.

Cons

Larger process driven organization which results in changes taking longer to make the way through the full organization

7 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company, Misaligned Vision

Aug 1, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are nice and fun to work with. Front line managers care about your future with the company. They push hard for you to work on projects your interested in. Business Development works hard to find, win new contracts.

Cons

Upper leadership and Executives are hyper focused on announcing their political stances which has hurt overall moral. Company struggles to keep strong developers.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic Culture in NH Locations

Jul 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Secure job, one of the largest employers in the area. It's rare to find a place in NH that pays as much as BAE Systems. It's often difficult to get a job in this area of NH, so it's good if you want to live and work in the state.

Cons

Very much a place of favoritism. If you're not one of the "good ones" then you're not going to go anywhere in the company. If one of the favorites does a serious vile act, HR will brush it under the rug to avoid punishment or removal of the problematic employee. This creates a toxic workplace culture as some know that they are untouchable because of this. They need to work on their diversity and acceptance. I am not a minority, but I've had friends who have had traumatic experiences at the NH Locations of BAE Systems. I've worked in other locations for brief periods, and this diversity issue is primarily in NH.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A consistent place to work.

Jun 11, 2021 - Procurement Analyst II in York, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We get to work on some of the coolest military programs out there. You will learn a lot and work hard to achieve a goal. Management is very supportive and will work with you to succeed in your role. There is a lot of flexibility to work your role how you want to work it.

Cons

Management is, however, very old school. They try to manage to metrics that don't work. We put out a lot of "fires" and nothing seems to get fixed to prevent them from happening in the future. Management does not seem to care what happens as long as there are no issues. When systemic issues do come up, there is a short-term fix and nothing is resolved in the long term. The management of all of the different programs is fragmented and not inconstant, leaving those that deal with all the programs to figure out what works with each program.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Very good management

Aug 3, 2021 - Linux Engineer in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Local and remote management takes great care of their team members. They know "life happens" and is always willing to work around that.

Cons

Although the company as a whole makes all types of products, the groups products are "just ok". Business unit cannot seem to focus on fewer tasks, allowing quality to slip at times.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Phenomenal Company

Aug 3, 2021 - Operations Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee/family oriented company that is willing to work with you on a flexible schedule. The benefits, compensation and opportunity to move up is great.

Cons

The only downfall is the distance from my home. The company is great overall. I really have nothing to say.

7. 5.0

Good Opportunities

Jul 22, 2021 - Electrical Engineer I in Nashua, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been able to rotate into different sectors of the business pretty easily by talking to my manager, and can tailor my role to what I want to learn and where I want my career to go. Everyone has been very encouraging and I enjoy my day-to-day work life.

Cons

The same that would come with any big company— the biggest one for me being that I like to get to know the people I work with, but with people rotating in and out of various roles, it can be tough socially and from a program perspective. Transitions aren’t always smooth

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

They dont care about the little man.

Jul 17, 2021 - Test Technician III in Nashua, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are a stable company and can have good work life balance.

Cons

They say they want everyone's input. But they are just saying that to cover all their bases. To make you feel included. Give you a sense of belonging when you first come to the company. But your just a number to them. They under pay you and would replace you in a heart beat. If your a critical thinker and don't have the time and experience with this place well then your voice doesn't matter. Your are literally just a button pusher. Doesn't matter how hard or well you work. It just about time and being a robot for them. Do as they say or face termination.

9. 4.0

good place to work

Aug 4, 2021 - Engineer in York, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

not many cons to think of

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to learn or start

Jul 7, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good people who are connected to the mission and the work of bring the men and women overseas home safe and sound. A very large company that offers fantastic benefits and opportunities for learning. Offered multiple opportunities for career and location changes throughout tenure. Very strong Diversity and Inclusion efforts and good ERG events. Competitive pay for the locations they operate in.

Cons

Too risk averse and rigid. This has gotten stronger over the last few years. Many times it felt like pulling teeth in order to make impactful changes. Leadership at times feels afraid to make decisions or changes. Career development is really on the employee and makes it hard to seek out new opportunities. Systems and culture could be improved to enable more natural career development. Some locations felt like secondary companies as most of the attention went to a few sites.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,444 Reviews