BMW of North America Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 23, 2019

Found 4 of over 254 reviews

3.9
BMW of North America President and CEO Bernhard Kuhnt (no image)
Bernhard Kuhnt
Pros
  • "The work was super interesting specially if you like cars(in 16 reviews)

• "Great brand and great work environment(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Externals are treated as second class citizens with no vacation time, benefits or perks(in 5 reviews)

• "Upper management is primarily German expats who are sent for 3-5 years as a proving ground to receive a promotion upon their return to Germany(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The only thing that matters in the bottom line

Nov 23, 2019 - Manager in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Flexible work schedule. Great products.

Cons

Upper management is primarily German expats who are sent for 3-5 years as a proving ground to receive a promotion upon their return to Germany. Their knowledge of the needs of the North American market is extremely limited and their entire focus during their short stay is to maintain status quo. The only thing that matters (above the employees, the customer, and all else) is the bottom line.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Contractor

Terrible Contracting Experience at ReachNow

Dec 13, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team was awesome, most of the people were easy to work with, talented and highly motivated. The CEO, Steve is a great guy and really tries his best to stay connected to ReachNow members and understand their needs. He's also motivated to foster a positive company culture but sometimes free snacks just aren't enough.

Cons

Human Resources was non existent when I joined, which resulted in a terrible on-boarding experience. The contracting agency that I worked through were disastrous communicators and it took two months before I was able to even start working. After arriving at the office, nobody there at the time had been told to expect me and I wasn't set up with a laptop or even a work email for weeks. While employed, I was not offered any professional development opportunities and any new skills I learned or initiatives I took were not encouraged and went broadly unrecognized. On top of that, my manager would rarely bother to sign off on my timesheets. At the time my contract was cancelled without warning or good reason, I had seven weeks of unpaid timesheets. Despite months of working late and demonstrating that I was a valuable asset to the team, the upper management decided to end my contract as soon as the company had to tighten its budget due to poor performance. Rather than let me know directly, I was sent a cryptic email by the contracting agency the day that I took compassionate leave to attend not one, but two funerals of close family members. It was some time before HR even allowed me to speak to my manager to ask for an explanation. The management also failed to notify any of my team members so in the days following, I was still receiving emails regarding unfinished work and words of praise for work that I had already completed. The whole experience left me with a very sour taste in my mouth and lowered the morale of other contractors working there, who were shocked by the clumsy and callous way my departure was handled.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Easy Promotions, Poor Management

Dec 11, 2016 - Assistant Manager in Danville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to climb ladder, promotes from within

Cons

Very little managerial support from upper management, hard to follow through on promises made to customers

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Competitive environment, with one common oriented goal: Profit.

Nov 14, 2012 - Marketing Intern in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are one of the most important assets of the company. The HR department is hard to deal with, but once you're in they are extremely helpful.

Cons

It's hard to break into upper management if you don't speak German, or are not from Germany. Upper management is a little condescending towards lower employees and believes that what they think is the right and only way to do something.

Be the first to find this review helpful