BNY Mellon Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 143 of over 7,817 reviews

3.6
BNY Mellon Chief Executive Officer (Interim) Todd Gibbons
Todd Gibbons
Pros
  • "Good culture good work life balance(in 759 reviews)

• "Very good and neat work environment(in 310 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Once you have good work life balance you tend to slack off(in 161 reviews)

• "Lack of accountability from Senior management(in 143 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about BNY Mellon

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Nice work culture

Aug 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work culture. Good team work.

Cons

Cab, shift timing, cost saving, senior management.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No hike or promotion

Oct 4, 2020 - Applications Developer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits during covid. Safe place for women. Good office space.

Cons

Senior management doesnt recognise your hardwork. Removed OTs. No hike or promotion awarded.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

App Dev

Nov 20, 2019 - App Dev in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning skills. New technologies and innovation under the new management.

Cons

Work life Balance is missing No respect from the Senior Management to long Term employees Expect full stack coding from an ETL Developer. More stress on your work. No proper guidance to new technology. All are self taught. No Job Guarantee. Mid to Senior employees needs to find another job.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

All

Aug 30, 2019 - VP-Technology in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to invest your carrier and enrich your profile

Cons

Due to change in the senior management this place has become most dangerous one to join

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Assistant Manager

Apr 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment.. Good work and personal life balance depending upon your line of business.

Cons

Average compensation structure.. Senior management has more of operational mindset.. believe in quantity of work/headcount and not high end, high skilled work.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

bnym change is on

Mar 26, 2019 - Development Manager in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

it has been the company where people trust each other the most. Priority has always been excellence. until this change was on.

Cons

now the company is collapsing. Too many changes at the same. Big change in senior management.. everybody wants to prove they are right and the whole company is wrong.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0

Going downhill

Jan 29, 2019 - Vice President in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good technology stack - good business learning - decent HR policies on pay and leave (finally) - comfortable workspace - brand name

Cons

- dirty politics, bias, sycophancy - confused senior management - no clear vision, one upmanship - too much of job insecurity, aided by a shoddy and questionable appraisal process and opaque management - intention of senior management is suspect, and perhaps the biggest con

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Manager - vice president

Jan 13, 2019 - Manager in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. Great culture.

Cons

Long list of senior folks have been on same position for long. Need change in senior management

9. 2.0

Group Manager

Nov 12, 2018 - Group Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to learn, wide range of products. Good benefits. Global Reach and relaxed work environment.

Cons

Strategy shift seems to be flawed as it's completely dependent on Senior Management interpretation, locally. Layoffs are common nowadays and not necessary that performance is the driving factor. Job security is the major challenge with new changes being implemented as deemed suited.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Salaries at BNY Mellon Pune

Oct 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hous , usually no stretch

Cons

Low yearly hikes , slow senior management

BNY Mellon Response

Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate both your positive feedback and constructive comments. A key priority for BNY Mellon is to ensure that we have a strong management team with world-class leadership capabilities. As part of our efforts to enhance our leadership at the company, we introduced a new Leadership Competency model to define which leadership attributes are distinctive to BNY Mellon to create a competitive advantage. We also refreshed our company’s vision and mission statements to clearly articulate what BNY Mellon sees as its fundamental purpose and what our company and our people aim to do every day. In our last two employee engagement surveys, more employees say senior management has a clear vision for the future, they have confidence in decisions made by senior management, and senior management communicates openly and honestly. BNY Mellon also offers its employees compensation and flexible benefits options that are competitive with industry standards. Compensation at BNY Mellon is holistic; in addition to base salary and year-end compensation, employees benefit from the option to participate in our health insurance and retirement plans, and holiday and vacation leave programs. We also offer employees, subject to business requirements, flexible work arrangements to assist with both personal and family responsibilities. We believe that our comprehensive compensation package and best-in-class benefits attract talented people to our company and make us an employer of choice for individuals globally. You can find out more about how we are invested in our people here: (https://www.bnymellon.com/us/en/who-we-are/people-report/index.jsp)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Reviews