BSI Group Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 9 reviews

3.9
BSI Group CEO Howard Kerr
Howard Kerr

"Great team environment and place to make a difference"

Marketing Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group for more than 3 years

Pros

The business cares about personal development, well-being, growth and innovation. There's an open and collaborative team culture with passionate people whose work feels valued.

Cons

Not all teams in the company feel as valued. On-going change in priorities creates difficult and unreasonable expectations from some of senior management.

BSI Group2018-11-07

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Sydney

I worked at BSI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with except that there is nothing good

Cons

Poor Salary Too much micromanagement No appreciation given to top employees instead the management demotivates you all the time

Advice to Management

Management team needs to let the employees work and stop getting into their daily activities. Instead of micromanagement start making strategies for the organisation as that is what you are supposed to do.

BSI Group2017-05-28

"Trying to change but struggling"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Chiswick, England

I worked at BSI Group full-time

Pros

Generous benefits, flexible working, recently refurbished, lots of social activities. chiswick office is pretty far outside of central London but great for exercising (good running routes and not too far from Richmond park if cycling is your thing).

Cons

Company structure was archaic and very difficult to understand - hamstringing any project taking place beyond its traditional silos. People's jobs were made even more difficult by the sheer number of legacy systems that not very many people knew how to use properly. On the bright side, during my time there, BSI was going through a big process of modernising a of these. However this process didn't seem to have much... formal project management behind it, so timelines kept being extended.

Advice to Management

Start with a thorough and business-wide audit and overhaul of business systems. Look into strategies to overcome silos and encourage cross-team cooperation.

BSI Group2017-01-20

"Needs to improve development opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid company, lots of training opportunities, good benefits, good amount of holidays

Cons

it's hard to progress although the company always has several opportunities, but it prefers to go outside than develop current employees

Advice to Management

help people progress on the company and value performance more

BSI Group2016-02-21
  5. "Good company - continually improving"

Marketing in London, England

I have been working at BSI Group

Pros

Really supportive and caring company. BSI colleagues are passionate about what they do and it's an exciting company to work for. London office looks tired and old fashioned but will be amazing once redevelopment work is finished.

Cons

Can be quite complex to understand at first. Senior management are keen to support change and things are moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Focus even more closely on employee engagement. People are going above and beyond every day - keep the recognition strong.

BSI Group2016-02-01

"BSI - An excellent place to work"

Marketing in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group

Pros

Clear well-articulated business vision; customer-led approach; focus on personal development; strong consideration of work/life balance; welcoming and inclusive culture open to new people, new ideas and new ways of doing things; Kitemark Court in MK is a very pleasant environment to work in; Costa coffee and restaurant on site. Great colleagues!

Cons

Complex business structure takes a while to learn who's who and what's what; computers aren't the most up-to-date but workable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things you're doing to move the business forward - it's working well. Loving the Town Halls and the celebration of success.

BSI Group2015-06-01

"Great place to be depending on where who you work for."

Current Employee - Marketing in Chiswick, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally great people, fantastic location, good salary (if you negotiate )

Cons

Too many (old school) managers not worth their pay grade in a business that wants to play in the 21st century. ..not possible. Amazing talent is being lost due to micro management from those who have been there too long trying to teach newbies how to do their job. Diversity at the top table is non existent and huge discrepancies in pay within similar disciplines. People worthy of promotion and leading teams are... overworked and rarely rewarded.

Advice to Management

Separate the wheat from the chaff. Don't be afraid. There are many diamonds in the rough who want and know how to bring BSI into the big arena. Stop losing your valued staff

BSI Group2015-01-07
  8. "Development opportunities and great environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work for BSI in the UK Marketing department and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoy it. I am based in the Milton Keynes office which is modern, and just a great environment to work in. The UK management team are forward thinking and open to new ideas. If you have suggestions they will get listened to and implemented fast. There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career at BSI.

Cons

None that I can think of.

BSI Group2014-08-28
  9. "If you want to make a difference, you can."

Current Employee - Marketing in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've always found the business will let me make the changes that we need to make to grow. The management training they've given me was great

Cons

not enough people know how good we are

Advice to Management

keep listening to our client facing teams - they know what the client wants and what things get in the way of that

BSI Group2014-02-13