BSI Group Sales Reviews

Updated 7 May 2020

BSI Group Chief Executive and Board Member Howard Kerr
Howard Kerr

"Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Head of Sales in London, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time

Pros

Excellent coverage of industry sectors

Cons

Far from the city centre

2. "Great people to work with"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Sales in Sydney

I worked at BSI Group for more than a year

Pros

Great team environment, diverse and inclusive

Cons

not too close to the CBD

"Good stepping stone towards a brighter career"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at BSI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engagement of the team, collaboration, dedication

Cons

Quality of higher management, processes, conservative character of the business

Continue reading

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management are super friendly and willing to help. Targets are realistic but as in sales, you will have ups and downs. Management are supportive and want to see people succeed. Nice building and facilities like a canteen with subsidized food

Cons

Targets can be to high for some teams which might see them struggle. If you get into a good patch then you can do very well, into a bad patch and it might affect your sales.

"Sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who are pretty smart

Cons

Slightly chaotic and disorganised. A lot of red tape you need to work through

"Review"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at BSI Group full-time

Pros

So much to learn

Cons

Nothing terrible too report really

"Toxic Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales in Herndon, VA

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job Training to industry knowledge

Cons

Toxic Leadership with a culture of bullying. Too much administrative work for sales people. Up to 5 hours weekly in internal meetings and countless hours of micromanaging reports that do not lead to sales. Human Resources shares private information with management. The internal teams do not respect each other so there is very little cross department teamwork. Sales employees tenure is less than 1 year.

BSI Group Response

May 2, 2019BSI Rep

BSI does not tolerate bullying in any form; your comments are therefore seriously considered. Be assured that we investigate accusations of bullying or harassment that are brought forward to our HR team. We are committed to helping our colleagues maintain a positive work-life balance, and we encourage our employees to raise any issues through various channels based on their comfort level. This could be by talking to a member of the Senior Leadership team within your functional area, contacting your functional area’s HR representative, or by following our Whistleblowing process to address this issue in the strictest of confidence. Meanwhile, the Sales profession is difficult and with many competing tasks that distract from revenue generating activities. Time management techniques are critical for today’s sales professional to reach his/her success metrics which includes quota and more importantly customer satisfaction and relationship building. While we know that ineffective leaders can harm the bottom line, the good news is that our business in the US and across the Americas region continues to thrive as evidenced by our Q1 financials and business highlights. Our overall sales are up nearly 11% year over year so our team – from individual sales to leadership – is trending in a great direction. Still, continual improvement is part of who we are, which means we are often implementing changes that can seem like a distraction but we always have our employees’ interests and well-being top of mind. Your input is important to us and this is one of the reasons why we are such a keen supporter of Glassdoor. Thank you for sharing as it allows us to continue to grow as a company.

"Sales Service Executive"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sydney

I worked at BSI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life Balance Industry leader in ISO Certification

Cons

Location- Macquarie Park Flat structure No career progression Minimum wage Unrealistic KPI’s

"Great place to work for graduates!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at BSI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined BSI nearly 5 years ago as part of the first Sales Graduate Programme and have never looked back! The business doesn't hold back in rewarding and recognising good / hard work and if you put the work in, its well worth it. The training I was provided with when joining was very good and provided me with a good platform to build on, both in terms of the products / services I was selling and in terms of sales skills training. The programme has changed and developed over the years and it now gives the graduates a greater opportunity to experience the 'One BSI' approach and understand our customers' journey in greater detail - this is something I wish was available to me when I started, but I think it speaks volumes that they have made improvements based on the feedback they received. I have made a decision to stay in sales, and there are many opportunities to develop your career in sales (more so now than when I first joined). There are also options to develop your career in other areas of the business which is great.

Cons

We should use the phone more often - it is too easy to get caught up sending emails.

"Not very self aware"

Former Employee - Sales in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at BSI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a Good Business / Brand

Cons

Poor management culture, big promises of training, support etc, delivered much less. Very poor communication , very critical of individuals. the reality is it starts with the senior management.

Found 21 reviews