Baker Hill Reviews

Updated 1 Nov 2020

3.5
Baker Hill President and CEO John M. Deignan
John M. Deignan
Pros
  • "Growing company in Carmel IN backed by Riverside Group(in 5 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance with calls ending maximum by 7 pm(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unfortunately after divestiture to private equity firm, things only got worse(in 3 reviews)

• "No bonus for way too long, hopefully the new bonus structure will change that(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Good company"

5.0

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time

Pros

good environment and good work balance

Cons

nothing till now from last 2 years

"Latest technology work, Company needs to grow a lot"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Noida

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Challenging work with good team members. Leads (Dev and QA) are good and competitive and coperative. Better managed teams. 2. Empathetic leads and managers. Can't waste time in office in chit chats but cant have much of leisure time as well. 3. Responsive IT, HR and admin. They seen working for employee benefits (just try to avoid their loud fights with each other). 4. Many of the US counterparts are good (and they accept offshoring) and work as mentor rather than frustrated clients. 5. Good recognition and rewards. But quantum of reward is too low. 6. Work Life Balance with calls ending maximum by 7 pm.

Cons

1. Air conditioning has no control. Sometimes its too hot and sometimes too cold. Dont have temperature controllers in office (even these days cars have it). 2. A very small breakout where employees can eat their lunches/dinners. 3. Dont have anything related to relxation, games, personal timeout. 4. NO TRAININGS are provided here. 5. No team activities, lunches and dinners this year, probably they are awaiting bail out package from Govt. 6. Company should provide cabs for late hours and weekend working along with allowances. 7. Since last 1.5 years, I have seen no progress in employee strength. In last 1.5 years cant felt presence of topnotch, NEVER meets any employee (may be we are low society people) and remains in the room only , flexible work timings (4-5 hours) and we are asked to complete 9 hours compliance. 8. Low pay scale and no flexi benefits. 9. More meaningful visits must happen from US rather few coming just for Taj and stay in hotel, atleast it gives them idea about struggle we go through in absence of no SME here.

Baker Hill Response

November 8, 2019HR Payroll

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed with your experience. We would like to learn more about your individual views, so we can better understand and address the issues mentioned. Please contact the Noida, India HR at Rashmi.Sinha@BakerHill.com.

"Nice place to work and learn."

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Noida

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Best place to learn if you want to. 2. One of the best working environment you can get in a mid size company. 3. Best on site technical persons, with awesome understanding of product and technology, you will get a lot to learn from them. 4. Friendly people.

Cons

1. Limited parking space is the only one I can think of.

Continue reading

"Great place for Software Engineer in terms of learning"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida

I worked at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

1- Good work culture. 2- Great opportunity for freshers. 3- Latest Technology and good product. 4- Manager's are cooperative. 5- Free food facility. 6- Employee engagement facilities like parties ,outings and many more. 7- Very good leave management system. 8- Good recognition programs (I had been declared extraordinary employee for the year 2018). 9- Salary on time.

Cons

1. long working hours (Need to log 8 hours inside the office premises even if your work has been done) 2. Few technical leads are not very much technically sound. 3. Projects are running by few people as complete knowledge transfer is not there.

Continue reading

"New technologies , good environment"

Current Employee - Lead in Noida
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

growing, 5 days working, work life balance, new technologies , 1 month extra salary as bonus from two years, First time see GMs are still technical and product knowledge, help team when we stuck for decisions.

Cons

Less salary, less employee engagement activities or parties No Brand though it is product company Less per dim for on sight though management said discussing but no result No clear vision, higher management said new product coming , listing it from one year but not seen

"Company is developing."

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time

Pros

Company is developing Good team members Normally in companies HRs are attractive. Here HR is like king of Yuganda Company is good if you don't want to grow career wise There is one technical writer. He is a good person. He is intelligent and supportive. He recruits person based on the understanding of things.

Cons

Donot follow Agile Managemnet donot think of sub ordinates People donot grow career wise. They work on same thing without learning anything No growth and development. No importance of suggestion Policies are of no use Less leaves No transport facility No work from facility No comp offs No service provide if employee work for off hours. No respect Not open environment

"Worst Company Of my Life. Work life is like "Bandhua Majdoor""

1.0

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time

Pros

1. Very good Hira Thali (You will eat almost 5 days a week because of long stays). 2. Good Coffee Machine( There is so much stress and by good coffee you can get relief) 3. Small Cafeteria is good but people cant take their lunch due long talks of persons in cafeteria. 4. Parking is limited. you will feel luckiest if you got selected in parking draw.

Cons

1. If you will leave office at 8 PM then other will look you like you are leaving so early. 2. Company is 5 days working but actually its 7 days. 3. Do not think about appraisals. 4. No Family Life. 5. Senior management will talk in very bad manners. 6. Client gives 4 hour to complete task but you will take minimum 20 hour in actual however management will tell you why you can not complete 4 hours a day task. 7. For Saturdays Sundays working there is no compensation but you will get one very yummy thali. Thanks to Heera Sweets.

Continue reading

"Do not join as Technical Writer"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Noida

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Beware of fake good reviews :-(

Cons

-Management do not have any idea about technical writing -Unrealistic deadlines -Have to work on weekends -Take home salary is below market standards -Management is very rude and always show unethical behavior -I see they fire Team members quite often.

"Best environment"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Noida

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good learning environment with flexible timing.

Cons

HR management is not upto par level

"Baker Hill"

I have been working at Baker Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Management Good Salary Good Increment Nice Place

Cons

Some times called on Saturdays but not paid

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 English Reviews