Bandwidth "bandwidth" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Bandwidth Employee Reviews about "bandwidth"

Updated 3 Oct 2019

4.2
Bandwidth Co-Founder and CEO David Morken
David Morken
Pros
  • "Bandwidth has a great passion for the whole person(in 21 reviews)

• "Great benefits, good culture overall, amazing CEO(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are absolutely zero negatives about Bandwidth(in 17 reviews)

• "Upper management comes from Microsoft in the "bad old days" and has modeled their work culture to follow that(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "bandwidth"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "GREAT COMPANY"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Bandwidth for less than a year

Pros

1.5 hour workout lunches, health benefits, team outings/developments, fitness challenges, gym membership, embargo

Cons

There are absolutely zero negatives about Bandwidth.

Bandwidth2019-10-04

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Business Development Research Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Strong belief in work/life balance. Great benefits.

Cons

Rude that I'm required to write at least 5 words here. Bandwidth is great.

Bandwidth2019-02-22
  3. "Genuinely care about the people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership, meaningful work, cares about the people, community involvement, whole person promise, growth opportunities, excellent benefits

Cons

Lots of growth - means growing pains - a very excited time to be at Bandwidth -

Bandwidth2018-12-31

"Breath of fresh air!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture Work/life balance Benefits Upward mobility Rewards for hard/great work Family friendly Wonderful/intelligent work force Bandwidth is amazing. I came from a job where I was to the point that I dreaded going to work each day, since coming to Bandwidth I can honestly say I get excited to go into the office everyday. The culture/work environment and people here are so refreshing, I am working with some of the most intelligent and passionate individuals I have ever met. Bandwidth offers fantastic benefits and is VERY family friendly - there are even different policies in place to ensure when your on PTO people don’t bother you so you can relax and refresh. The technology/product Bandwidth produces is really cool and it seems that being better then before is the name of the game - they provide the tools necessary for everyone to be successful from the billing department to the engineering teams. Overall, I am stoked to be here - this is the first time I can honestly say I love my job.

Cons

Get rid of the oatmeal raisin cookies up front, but honestly I have no real complaints - I love my job and this company.

Bandwidth2018-04-22

"Meh."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bandwidth full-time

Pros

Benefits package includes just about everything Lots of fun after-work events

Cons

Low pay more than offsets benefits. Work-life balance is a myth. You can work every day in some departments and it still won't be enough. You might be working on your vacation time too. Management hasn't had any training in leadership, or the legal requirements of managing people, and it shows. Micromanagement, verbal abuse, and discrimination are pretty common here. Cliquishness disguised as a search for a "culture fit." I felt like I was back in middle school. Technology is dated, opportunities for advancement are limited. This place probably won't advance your career unless you've just graduated and need a first job. Otherwise, it's probably not for you. Politics is the name of the game. Upper management comes from Microsoft in the "bad old days" and has modeled their work culture to follow that. Microsoft has learned and is changing their ways. Bandwidth doesn't seem to want to follow their example.

Bandwidth2018-03-12

"So many problems, where do I even begin."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bandwidth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great healthcare benefits and challenges, free gym use and 1.5 hour workout lunches. Bandwidth uses its benefits (specifically its healthcare) as an excuse to underpay its employees a ridiculous amount of money.

Cons

Within the span of 6 months, 90% of my department left the company, changed departments, or was let go. The director of my department was rarely around and when they were around seriously lacked the leadership skills to communicate goals and expectations effectively. The director made it very apparent who they did and did not like. After our manager was pushed out for questioning authority, the role was left empty for months on end, leaving us with no real leadership, and was eventually filled by the next person in line, rather than the person best suited for the job. There was something seriously wrong in the department. People began accepting positions in different departments, and one by one people either quit or were let go. Other employees told me about arbitrary Performance Improvement Plan goals that were created for them to intentionally fail, such as "attitude improvement." One coworker even overheard my director trash talking her to another employee. The department essentially went up in flame and they lost all of their talent. At the end of the day, I think they really just wanted people to come in, keep their head down, and do the work without asking questions or contributing to the company culture. I can't even begin to truly describe how mismanaged the department was. It was like our director was in the eye of the storm, seeing all the chaos around them, and appeared to think that none of it was their problem or at all related to them. Along with all of the problems mentioned above, Bandwidth pays it's operations teams DIRT. Entry level employees can expect to get paid in the low $30,000's, even if they come from prestigious universities with advanced degrees. Making the kind of money you deserve here is next to impossible. When I left Bandwidth and started working at my new job, I got close to a $15k raise. And after years of hard work and loyalty - don't expect to be able to negotiate your salary at all. The executives will tell you that you're not worth what other people in your area make, and if you're in the job for the money then you should leave. Bandwidth also claims to have great work/life balance, but don't expect to have much flexibility if you're in an operations team. This is a serious warning to anyone interested in working at Bandwidth - proceed with extreme caution.

Bandwidth2017-11-10

"Proceed with Caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Bandwidth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- work-life balance as long as you aren't in middle management - executive leadership is accessible to anyone - will work with you when emergencies come up - will invest in you if you are one of "the chosen ones"

Cons

- Your experience at Bandwidth will 100% depend on who your direct supervisor is, and the leadership above them. I worked under 3 different managers, in 2 groups, and only 1 of them of them cared about her team. The other two were only interested in their own careers, and constantly took credit for the work their team members did - hard work and intelligence are rewarded in some groups, but other groups require blind obedience. I spoke up when unethical and illogical decisions were being made and was constantly written up for insubordination -if you want a company that rewards clocking in, keeping your head down, and clocking out, this place is for you. - as other reviews have stated, if you make an enemy in HR or upper management, there is nothing you can do to save yourself - Bandwidth used to define its own path but is now copying its competitors - The director I worked under fired or pushed out ~10 employees over the course of 2 years in a group of 8 - NO diversity at Bandwidth. If you aren't a white, wealthy, Christian, conservative, it's hard to succeed. - David Morken is FANTASTIC, but more and more information is being withheld from him when things happen because he would make the company change for the better, which is expensive, time-consuming, and against the scheming other leaders have

Bandwidth2017-04-18

"We're good, but we can do better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible. Work life balance is definitely a priority with Bandwidth - you will never find yourself having to justify why you need to work from home or take PTO (within reason). Benefits are a huge plus for people with families. I love the personal feel of the company - it truly is like coming home to a second family.

Cons

Currently going through what I would term 'growing pains'. Policies are inconsistent and enforced capriciously at times. Getting personal feedback on work development is difficult. Company touts itself as not political, but is VERY political. If you aren't in the right position at the right time and known to the right people, advancing can be extremely difficult.

Bandwidth2017-02-26

"Good Company"

in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits and company culture is very lax

Cons

Bandwidth is very top heavy and I've never seen so many directors, senior vp's, senior managers, and so on at one company. There's not much advancement opportunities unless you are in the "in crowd". We see the same people get promoted over and over again while other employees continuously get skipped for promotion because they do their job well but suck at brown nosing and rubbing elbows. The benefits are great but they use that as a reason to under pay you.

Bandwidth2016-06-08

"Sales Executive"

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time

Pros

Bandwidth has a great passion for the whole person. They understand how to take care of their employees in order to keep them long term.

Cons

Typical struggles of any company, however if you can stay patient and cool you will see change.

Bandwidth2016-04-26