Base2 Solutions Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 26, 2019

Found 6 of over 64 reviews

4.5
Base2 Solutions Executive Team Mike Haldeman
Mike Haldeman
0 Rating
Pros
  • "More than lip service is paid to work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Challenging projects, great people to collaborate with, culture of constant learning/growing, flexible work schedules to some degree(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2(in 11 reviews)

• "I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big company benefits; Small company culture

Dec 26, 2019 - Advisory Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really interesting work, often on genuinely hard problems. More than lip service is paid to work-life balance. Low drama environment with great people who ask "How can I help?," instead of "Why do you want that?"

Cons

Not a good fit unless you're flexible on the type and location of your work. Most Base2 engineers work at customer's locations, so commutes can vary widely from year to year. Consultancy jobs require getting up to speed rapidly, often across a wide range of technologies; expect to fumble in the dark more than you're use to.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Base2 Solutions Response

CEO

We take a lot of pride in keeping the drama low. Whether in the Base2 office or a customer site, we have found focus and calm is the quickest path to get a project back on track. Consulting isn’t for everyone, and you have accurately captured some of the Pros and Cons. We try to make sure that every recruited individual understands the dynamics before they join Base2. No one wins when an employee is surprised after they start. :-) Thank you for the review.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Nov 19, 2019 - Advisory Systems Engineer

Pros

Cons

Haven't come across any yet!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Base2 Solutions Response

CEO

Thank you for the review and for joining Base2!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Director of Program Management

Mar 31, 2016 - Technical Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great executive management and CEO, comfortable work environment.

Cons

Don't really have any cons to speak of

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Base2 Rocks!

Sep 14, 2015 - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people! It's a blast to work with such smart and motivated people. Great to have people who you bounce ideas off of and get help when you need it. I love that I don't have to worry about slackers or team mates not cutting it. I feel empowered to just do the right thing for the customer and don't need to ask permission or jump through hoops.The administration is very focused on helping the consultants. They not only stay out of the way, but really helps! The total compensation is good. The benefits are now competitive. This was an historic issue, but they kept making them better every year. What company has benefits that keep getting better?

Cons

It's hard work. You customers rely on you. Your teammates rely on you. (However, the hours are reasonable and there is a good mechanism to ensure that people aren't over doing it. It's a clear that this a long game not about this week's billable hours.) I rated Base2 a five on career opportunities, because technically and as a consultant there's lot's of opportunities. Not the place for someone who wants to be Executive VP of watching others work.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This company is all about employee satisfaction.

Apr 18, 2014 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Base2 puts a lot of effort into making their employees happy. They create an atmosphere that makes you feel supported but also pushes and mentors you in a positive way to further your career. They recruit great people who are very talented and also down-to-earth.

Cons

I have not found any cons of working for this company so far.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best places I ever worked

Jan 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good benefits, good pay!

Cons

The commute sucks sometimes but that is just a given no matter where I work

6 people found this review helpful