Basis Technologies Reviews

Found 298 of over 317 reviews

3.8
Basis Technologies Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
  • "I never thought I would ever find a place where I could work on cool problems AND have a great work life balance until I came to Centro(in 31 reviews)

• "Centro has a great benefits package(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No overtime if you work long hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to market average(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

15.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Basis Technologies~301536
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Company with an awesome Manifesto!!!

Feb 18, 2021 - Sales Development Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They put People before a quota/profit. That’s why the profit roles in. They focus on people first!

Cons

No cons!!!! Great opportunity! Take it if you get an offer!

Centro

Thank you for sharing this raving review! Centro has been and will always be a “people-first” company – it’s my belief that this is the only way to be successful. We are fortunate to have people like yourself who believe in our mission and vision - thank you for being a part of the team. If you have any additional feedback or comments, don’t hesitate to reach out to tellusmore@centro.net. Shawn, CEO and Founder

2. 3.0

Digital Media Associate

Jan 12, 2022 - Digital Media Associate in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great entry level position, unlimited PTO!

Cons

- becomes mundane after staying too long

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Basis

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I’m thrilled that you see the value in the media associate position as well as our flexible time off policy. Our associate-level positions serve as a great learning opportunity and entry point to our business and we definitely want employees to build skills to move forward and advance. I’d be interested to hear more about how to best support you and other associates so that you feel a sense of clarity and empowerment. If you could reach out to me personally or at tellusmore@basis.net, that would be highly appreciated! April Weeks (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Long hours, manual processes, and lack of diversity.

Oct 20, 2021 - Digital Media Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

High exposure across clients and projects. Dedicated coworkers.

Cons

Long hours well beyond the 9-5. Low pay compared to market average. Many manual processes that make it hard to be successful in just 8 hours in the work day.

Basis

Thank you for sharing feedback about your time with us and I’m glad you enjoyed the high exposure to clients and projects, as well as your dedicated coworkers. We really do we have some of the best people in the business here! I appreciate the feedback around diversity, manual processes, pay and workload. These are all areas we are working to continuously improve, and I can say that we have significantly grown many teams this year, have analyzed our pay ranges to align with the talent market, and continue to focus on diversity and building an inclusive workplace. Thank you again for the feedback and if you have anything else to add please email tellusmore@basis.net. April Weeks (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Over-worked, Under-paid

Oct 19, 2021 - Digital Media Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company leadership through the pandemic was professional, transparent, and loyal to the employees. Free snacks in the office.

Cons

Overworked, long hours compared to what you get paid in the media specialist role. Middle/upper leadership is not hands on and willing to help when overwhelmed. Must pay for parking in downtown offices. Slow to backfill positions. Clients can be pretty mean and not fun to work with.

Basis

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m happy that you felt our company leadership was loyal and transparent during the ongoing challenges of the pandemic. We know that some services teams needed additional support this year and have worked hard to grow our teams thoughtfully and intentionally to better manage workloads across the business. I am sorry to read that you feel your hours are too long as we work to continue to grow our teams. If you have additional feedback or need additional support, please reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. April Weeks (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

5. 5.0

Great company

Jul 20, 2021 - Education and Development Strategist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Centro! The people were amazing and so were the benefits. Expect to work hard but have a great time doing so.

Cons

At times the work life balance was challenging.

3 people found this review helpful

Basis

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I’m glad you enjoyed the people, our benefits, and the positive environment. Work-life balance is extremely important to us and I understand the added difficulties that have come with living through a pandemic. If you would be interested in sharing more of your thoughts, I would love to hear from you at tellusmore@basis.net. Best of luck in your next endeavor! Emily Barron (EVP, Talent and Development)

6. 4.0

Amazing company culture

Jul 14, 2021 - Ad Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Centro practices what they preach on cultivating a vibrant company culture -Everyone has been amazing to work with so far and genuinely want to help me. I've never felt like I was intruding on someone's work every time I reached out for support.

Cons

-Centro still needs work creating a more diverse workforce. From my team and the other departments I've worked with, they are largely homogeneous white teams. Their summer internship program is filled with a very diverse group of interns with many different backgrounds. I would love to see this translate into hiring these interns to bring more people of color into the company.

Basis

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! “Centro practices what they preach” is so important and I am glad to hear that you see impact and that you feel supported. We are continuing to work hard on cultivating a diverse and inclusive company. We still have improvements to make and plan to continue our work in areas like leadership development, inclusive interview training, investments in recruiting partnerships, championing equitable offers, and more. If you would like to share additional feedback, I encourage you to email me at tellusmore@basis.net. Thank you! Emily Barron (EVP, Talent and Development)

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I love it here.

Jul 14, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Seriously one of the best places to work and grow your career. I loved my time at Centro and am sad to leave. -The people are incredible and they truly care about your well being. I love the team mentality and constant development. -The technology is superb and revolutionizing the industry. -The leadership team is fantastic and cares about sharing important news with everyone. -Everyone has a voice. I love that you can contribute to many important conversations at Centro. -Shawn is an outstanding CEO and leader. -A lot of the people at my wedding were from my Centro team. Some of my best friends were made at Centro.

Cons

Not really a con but your development is up to you. Be sure to ask about new projects, new opportunities, and new teams. Everyone wants to help each other here so be sure to have coffee with members of different teams.

Basis

Thank you for your wonderful words regarding your time at Basis Technologies! I love hearing about the value you saw in our leadership, product, co-workers, and vision. You have made such an impact here and we wish you the best of luck in your next adventure! Emily Barron (EVP, Talent and Development)

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

There's a reason why there are so many job openings here

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ferris Bueller days off were nice.

Cons

Pay was not competitive (even before Covid times, but especially now when you can work from anywhere). I never received merit raises or cost-of-living raises in my tenure, despite having excellent performance reviews, being a top performer, and Centro making a profit year after year. There is no transparency from the org over how raises and promotions are decided and what you need to do to qualify for one. Some departments will give out raises/promotions but I guess Centro doesn't prioritize all of their departments, as it seems many departments just don't have the budget. Easiest way to get promoted or to get a raise is to leave the company unless you are in one of the well funded departments or your department has already had multiple departures. You are expected to have job responsibilities outside your job description. These job responsibilities vary widely between team members with the same title. Be prepared to be be overworked and burnt out with no support from management when you go to them for help. Managers are out of touch regarding your day-to-day responsibilities. If you want any credit for your accomplishments to get a raise or a promotion, you need to request a peer review because your manager doesn't understand your job responsibilities. Weak leadership in the tech organization is causing a mass exodus of talent. Management is blaming talent leaving on their staff being poached by other companies, when in reality people are leaving for the reasons listed in this review.

9 people found this review helpful

Basis

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your time with us. I’m disappointed that you felt as though your performance wasn’t recognized and you didn’t get the support you needed from management. While we’re not aware of your specific situation, I can say that we have rolled out an entirely new performance management and assessment program to add additional transparency and accountability to our merit and promotion processes. We’ve added to and strengthened our technical leadership and are extremely excited about the team we have in place. Retention is one of our top priorities! If you have additional feedback on your specific situation, please email tellusmore@basis.net. I’d be interested in hearing more. Emily Barron (EVP, Talent and Development)

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

big org, progressive, cares about employees, strong culture and values,

Cons

big org, gotta shine to get noticed,... is that really a con!?

Basis

I appreciate your review! We know that we are one of the fastest-growing Ad Tech platforms for a reason – our people. Our strong culture is something we continue to evolve so that we can meet our people where they are. If you would like to share anything else, please email us at tellusmore@basis.net. Shawn Riegsecker (CEO and Founder)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

May 18, 2021 - Paid Social Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for growth and they actually care about their employees

Cons

Sometimes long hours but the perks make up for it

Basis

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you feel that our company is a place for growth and development and that you feel cared for here. Our perks and benefits are a great way for us to showcase how much we value our people. To address your note on long hours, we are continuing to scale hiring and connect with department leaders on workload distribution to help with work-life balance. If you have additional feedback to share, I would appreciate hearing from you at tellusmore@basis.net. April Weeks (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 298 Reviews