Beachbody Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

Carl Daikeler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Malfeasant upper management - micro managed by the CEO- so narcissistic that he thinks he knows better than the specialists under his employment (in 26 reviews)

• Very poor senior management, changes frequently, abusive managers (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great Work-Life Balance and Wonderful People!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LOVE working at Beachbody. I get to wear whatever I want to work, My hours are flexible- it's results oriented, so you get the job done, you're good. Free gym on the second floor with showers. Free Shakeology all day every day. Free awesome snacks, coffee, etc. Wonderful and smart people. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Company morale has been a little low due to some business decisions made in 2017 but there's a lot of transparency about what is going on and plans to move forward. Upper management is definitely trying to keep current employees calm and happy but people are still afraid and are looking for new gigs.

2. "Ideal Workplace"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team environment, transparent management, so many perks. This company really cares about its employees and achieving its mission to help people live healthy, fulfilling lives.

Cons

Can't think of any currently

"Beachbody is a great Workplace"

Former Employee - Vice President in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at Beachbody full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at Beachbody for 8 years and was inspired by the smart leadership and talented colleagues everyday. The company mission of helping people is always at the forefront of decisions. While the company has gone through growth and transitions, the leaders are proactive, smart and no afraid of change. The Founders, Carl and Jon provide outstanding motivation and leadership. A great place to work and are good to employees.

Cons

Nothing... all companies have business problems to solve and Beachbody is no different.

Advice to Management

Stay curious and bold.

"A good place to work"

I have been working at Beachbody full-time

Pros

This is a company that wants you to want to be there. The company's vision is clear, and so are the overall goals for the company. Leadership is transparent, the company has a culture focused on fitness and health (including plenty of perks and like-minded people), and the work makes a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Certain parts of the organization don't shine as well as others. There's definitely some challenges with sometimes the wrong people being in middle management, but there are few companies that don't face this issue.

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Beachbody for almost two years now and I thought it was time for me to write a review. My first impression was that this was a pretty cool company with a sort of startup feel to it even though it was a $1B+ company. In the two years since I started, the place has only gotten better. Granted, there have been some layoffs and the thought of leaving has occurred to me, but I realized that this is the best place I've been. What are the odds of finding another "best company ever"? The odds are low.

There are issues and problems that need solving as all companies have and the reason why they need employees. But the people are great and there are a ton of great perks and benefits. And they just keep adding new perks like unlimited vacation, one telecommute day per week, fresh fruit delivered to the lunchroom everyday, access to the nutritional products in the lunchroom, a shakebar where you can request fresh Shakeology shakes to be blended for you all day long with fresh and frozen fruits, even the ability to request a shake from your desk or phone app, an onsite gym with access to all Beachbody workout programs, your own Beachbody on Demand account so you can work out at home or while traveling on business, employee challenges with prize drawings for things like apple watch, beats earbuds, or $1000 Nordstrom gift card. Plus the health benefits are incredible too.

Yes, this is a great company to work for. I highly recommend!

Cons

Not much different than other companies: problems, inefficiencies, lack of processes, the fear of layoffs. Come here and help make the company better!

Advice to Management

My best advice to management would be to separate the CEO from the nutrition side of the business and let him focus on the fitness part which he is so great at. Too much micromanaging of the day-to-day decisions is harmful and the experts should be allowed to make the decisions that need to be made: from Marketing to Product Development to Operations.

"Mixed"

I worked at Beachbody full-time

Pros

Great people who work there.

Cons

Upper management is terrible. Anytime you have to layoff 600+ people you are doing a few things completely wrong.

Advice to Management

You're too top heavy.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Pays very good. If you able to negotiate, you will get hell lot of money for any position (almost 200% of the market rate)

Cons

inefficient management. very poor leaders - they care for themselves. Never work for them. Pyramid scam. No business plan. Bad Politics & lots of hate story.

Blindly trying to follow market leader. But efficiency level is nowhere near.

Advice to Management

I feel sorry for the owners. They are relying on wrong set of people. Complete management is sucking their money out and not delivering anything back. Hope John & Carl will understand soon. Laying off 100+ people every year will never bring business back.

John & Carl.
    You need to get right leaders who can give you out of box thought to make your business successful again. Its clearly visible that you guys are out of ideas now. And your inefficient management is not capable to deliver anything to help you out. Else, this ship will go down slowly

"Some good, some rough."

I have been working at Beachbody full-time

Pros

Great opportunities to try new things. Good pay, great benefits.

Cons

Too much chaos. Revolving management door makes it difficult to advance; having to re-prove oneself every year is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Check in with the "little people" - at least seem to care as much about corporate employees as you do the coaches.

"Great People, Frustrating Higher-Ups"

I have been working at Beachbody full-time

Pros

gyms, showers, blenders, snacks, fruit, shakeology included.

Cons

CEO touches every part of business. at times it stifles creativity and innovation from brand / artistic standpoint.

Advice to Management

need to evolve marketing for online/social media. we are still putting TV-like ads on Facebook

"customer service agent"

I have been working at Beachbody full-time

Pros

on site gym, foodies in the common area

Cons

long work hours and terrible management