Bemis Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Current Employees

3.3
William F. Austen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work-life balance; location has low-cost housing; opportunity for advancement; mellow organization overall (in 9 reviews)

• Easy, fast pased job with good pay and good benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesn't understand what it's like in the departments, although they think they know everything (in 9 reviews)

• Opportunities for advancement are limited outside of the Fox Valley, Wisconsin (in 6 reviews)

1. "Fun!"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Awesome company Culture. Overall fun place to work.

Cons

The packaging industry is struggling.

Advice to Management

The new business plan looks much better

2. "Solid comany that's working on improving itself"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Has a strong base...great leaders, great assets, great people who truly care and are working hard to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

Performance hasn't been as-desired this year, but the flip side is that a lot of action is being take to improve that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good internal communication of the path forward -- we are rallying and know what we need to do to get there.

3. "Relaxed atmosphere with a drive for safety."

Current Employee - Press Operator in South Lebanon, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Press Operator in South Lebanon, PA (US)

Pros

Top rate operator is around $27 an hour. 12 hour shifts. Benefits are good vision, 401k, healthcare, and dental. Also match 401k at 8% dollar for dollar.

Cons

Night shift takes a long time to become day shift. The older workers are lazy and the younger crowd has to pull there weight for them.

5. "team leader"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

benefits are good, company pays good percent

Cons

pay scale is below average

6. "Great company to work at"

Current Employee - Research and Development in Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Research and Development in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Bemis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Friendly working environment; 2) Advanced technologies in related industry; 3) Strong technical background

Cons

1) Efficiency of manufacturing; 2) Strong customer support; 3) Aggressive marketing for more opportunities.

Advice to Management

Improvement of manufacturing and customer sections for better financial performance.

7. "Manufacturing Supervisor"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Fremont, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Fremont, OH (US)

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay and good benefits.

Cons

Management is so afraid of a union they listen to the employees and not the supervisors. The employees are lazy. There is a lot of in fighting among managers.

"Basics Benefits of Bemis"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

401(k) full match up to 8%
    Bonus Plans
    Tuition reimbursement program - (For perusing advanced degrees)
    Low cost of living area and great salaries.
    Plenty of available leisure activities outside of work.
    Great area to raise a family.

Cons

Not the best place to work if you are a fan of warm weather.
    Summer working hours not available.

9. "Overview:"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Bemis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, competitive pay, flexibility.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time.

10. "Mechanic"

I have been working at Bemis full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, decant pay,safe place to work

Cons

Poor scheduleing, no follow through on jobs or tasks a signed to many bosses trying to charge of the same project which leads to working in circles

Advice to Management

Try listing to the employee more

"Manager"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Oshkosh, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in Oshkosh, WI (US)

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay for the job and area is good.

Cons

Promotion of people who do not promote the values the company represent. Executive Leadership is disengaged, and have not performed an actual task in so long, it seems they forget that people are needed to perform the task (treated like a number). The culture is poor at best, and with a mix of several acquired companies; each culture from each acquisition is different and does not work well together. The focus is strictly placed on making money, and no focus is put into the people making the money. People are not involved in decisions, which affect them (hiring, promoting, projects selected, etc.). No time, or resources to accomplish the mountain of tasks placed on departments and people from all over the company. There are so many tasks needing to be done from the different segments (Quality, Service, Leadership, Sales, IT, etc.), and they do not communicate with each other, so the burden falls on individuals or departments to complete the unrealistic expectations. Of course all the departments want their items first, but provide no support to help get the items accomplished. The goals are unobtainable, and expectations to achieve the goals are unrealistic. No training for major ERP system changes (SAP). If you don't get it, too bad! Training is weak. Promotion of training, but once "trained", nobody supports the trained employee and expect the person to know exactly what to do for every situation. This includes items that can be very complex, with no support from the trainer (sink or swim mentality). Now, this may be exactly what you are looking for, and you can thrive in an environment like this. Then I encourage you to apply. This is not for me, and I am actively looking for a different job. I am looking for a job where culture is just as important as the bottom line. Where people matter, and the difference is noticed when walking around the company. There is a bleak outlook where I work, and several people are "jumping ship" at my location, because nobody from the executive leadership team cared to involve people in their decision making.

Advice to Management

Take away the "power hungry" people you have in the company. Evaluate yourselves, and the ones who work for you. Micro-managers are a thing of the past. You need to get with the times and be willing to change to what the generation coming into the workforce is expecting from management. Initiate a 360 degree review process, so we as employees have a fair look at our performance, without the bias of one person (my boss). Many companies are already doing this - Come into the 21st century. You will continue to lose people, including me! This may not bother you at all, but it should. You should care about the people working in your organization, because without them; Bemis is nothing. Quit focusing on the past, and move into the future!