Best Version Media Employee Reviews about "bvm"

Updated Sep 11, 2020

Found 105 of over 532 reviews

4.2
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Kevin O’ Brien
Kevin O’ Brien
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "bvm"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Flexible but risky

Sep 11, 2020 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility - Ongoing training The major upside of BVM is obvious. It's the flexibility to create your own schedule and build something.

Cons

- Huge personal risk Since you're not really an employee, but an independent contractor, you're taking a big personal risk. You likely won't see any money for quite some time, if you make it at all.

Media Relations

The BVM opportunity is a challenging yet rewarding role for entrepreneurs. We offer one of the best commission structures in the industry and strive to offer the flexibility and ongoing support described in this review.

2. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Job for Self-starters

Dec 16, 2019 - Content Coordinator in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM provides as much technical support and training as they can. The job is flexible and rewarding. You get to meet people and tell their stories, which can be fun.

Cons

Since the content coordinator position is remote, there's very little on the ground support. If there is a local publisher, it helps, but even then, there are some growing pains until things get off the ground. Also, I'm running into a lot of people who don't want to be interviewed for the magazine, and since that's the main feature of each issue, it can be stressful finding features.

3. 5.0

Extremely Supportive and Welcoming Company

Nov 9, 2019 - Publisher in Clarkston, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just started working with BVM, and already feel like part of the family. Every level of management is supportive and encouraging - every step of the way. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity with a better company!

Cons

I have no cons to share at this time.

Media Relations

We strive to provide every Publisher with the support they need to be successful. Thanks for the awesome feedback!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Never have I been so excited for a new job!

Oct 30, 2019 - Publisher in Rockwall, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is outstanding and highly guarded by the community of BVM. There is so much flexibility, as I have an evening job and plan to do this during the day. The potential for long term financial security is outstanding.

Cons

None that I can see

Media Relations

Thanks for the great review!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An opportunity like no other! Not for the complacent or comfortable!

Oct 20, 2019 - Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely everything! Nothing in life comes easy and BVM provides you all the tools, training, support, and guidance like I've never seen before. Integrity is a huge part of their culture and they only spend time elevating peoples growth rather than putting them down. I can go on and on but it is a true blessing to be part of this company and culture. -great commission - flexible schedule (you put in what you get) - great tools and resources to help you be successful. - great staff and management -unbelievable team

Cons

I cant think of any ....honestly.

Media Relations

We love hearing from our Publishers! Thanks for the great feedback!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This is a great opportunity for well disciplined, dedicated achievers.

Aug 27, 2019 - Publisher in Potomac, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment. It does require you to cover your own expenses to get started, but in addition to offering bonuses to cover some start up expenses, BVM lays out a clear blue print to become profitable in less than 60 days. I built my business to profitable status in the first 75 days and knowing what I know now, I realize I found have done it in half that time if i had been more disciplined.

Cons

You have to push yourself to be successful. No one is going to give you quotas, or check your activity. if you are lazy, or not motivated, you will not do the things necessary to succeed. You are the boss, so you are responsible for all the success, or all the failure.

7 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

Thanks for the great review! Hard work and commitment is the best recipe for success as a Publisher with BVM. We appreciate the feedback and kind words!

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jul 23, 2019 - Associate Publisher in Muncie, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. You will hear from top level management on a daily basis. You receive training and advice from people who have been successful at BVM. There is a great ceiling for earnings.

Cons

Pay is 100% commission so without success BVM can be very tough. Sales are not easy but definitely achievable.

1 person found this review helpful

Media Relations

Our leadership and Home Office staff is here to support our Publishers every step of the way. Thanks for the review!

8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Most rewarding work in my career

Jun 21, 2019 - Publisher in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for your self but not by your self with the support of BVM in all aspects. An incredible opportunity giving you the freedom of owning your own business with opportunity for financial freedom. It provides a platform for your voice in the community while serving and connecting neighbors and business owners

Cons

no downside that I can see

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Real Deal

May 29, 2019 - Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would love to say the 80% commision is number one but its not. Very close though. The support and the culture is what makes this company the real deal. I always thought company culture was a cheesy thing to care about and it only meant you werent going to make a lot of money so they compensated you with culture. Not the case here. All the help you need you get it. The money comes shortly after. You just have to do it its possible for anyone that wants to do it. It sounds complicated but its really not. Look at all the awards BVM has won in the business world. It's legit.

Cons

Its kind of hard. Like everything else in life. Duh :) (like i said though you have help, all that you need)

Media Relations

Thanks for the great review! We agree that anyone can find success as a Publisher if they set their mind to it!

10. 2.0
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Jun 6, 2019 - Information Systems Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just got off the phone with BVM to understand more of how the business works. It's $5,000 worth of ad sales to local businesses in your residence before any income is gained on the your end (which they title as a "publisher"). Then they send their magazine out via mail to micro-targeted residents from their marketing team located in WI.

Cons

Attendance to a training seminar is mandatory in Wisconsin. Having to take a trip out of state before I can make $5,000 worth of sales- which is the minimum amount of ad sales one would have to make before gaining an income, makes this a whole lot of up-front expenses on my end, and a whole lot of trust to an out of state marketing team to the local businesses whom I would try to sell to. I may be wrong but this does not sound like a viable business model.

3 people found this review helpful