Best Version Media Employee Reviews about "publisher"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 81 of over 581 reviews

4.3
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Kevin O’ Brien
Kevin O’ Brien
Pros
  • "BVM has an excellent training program(in 122 reviews)

• "The level of widespread publisher success is great to see(in 81 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No salary until you make minimum sales to support the magazine for at least a year(in 57 reviews)

• "Too much spotlight on veteran publishers with big deals(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "publisher"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

If being successful was easy, everyone would do it and there would be no money in it.

Nov 30, 2021 - Division Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, Culture, training and support at every level. All I have via education is a high school diploma, yet I make more money as a publisher with BVM than my doctor or attorney .... by a LOT.

Cons

If you are not willing to do the daily work and be disciplined in achieving your goal than this is NOT for you. If you want to follow the simple orthodoxy (Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm) that the teach then you can change your life, finances, family and community with positive product that people love than this IS for you.

Media Relations

We proudly work with people of all backgrounds who have found great success working with BVM. Thanks for the great review!

2. 5.0

Dream Career & Culture Come True

Oct 26, 2021 - Publisher & Market Manager in Bloomington, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If I were to take all the things I was looking for in a career and bundle them up into one perfect "job," working for Best Version Media is IT! I have paid my dues in "Corporate America" and been there, done that with office politics, suppressed income levels, and unfit leadership for all the various reasons. Working as a publisher for Best Version Media is the absolute complete opposite of all of that! First and foremost, the culture at this company is absolute TOP NOTCH. The humble, fun loving spirit of the leadership is like nothing I have ever experienced working elsewhere. And while the role of publisher is an independent role, there is certainly no lack of support or training and help is always just a quick call away. I also love the freedom and flexibility of being able to make my own schedule, and to have complete control over my paycheck. If I want or need to make more money, it's on me to hop out there and make it happen vs someone else capping my income. All of that coupled with the innovation and stability that came from the top through the tough times of COVID lockdowns, just solidified that I am absolutely in the right place and completely blessed daily with a career that I love that is also making a difference in my community. It is hard to imagine all of the things that everyone wants in one place, but it's all right here... in one amazing Dream Career.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind what-so-ever. :)

Communications Specialist

We love hearing from our fantastic Publishers! BVM has created an environment where Publishers can excel to their fullest potential and our leadership supports them every step of the way. We are so happy you are part of the BVM team!

3. 5.0
      Current Contractor

It's all they say it is, and more

Oct 26, 2021 - Publisher in Saint Charles, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been representing this company as an independent contractor (Publisher) for 5 years. They make some very bold claims about the income potential, stability and culture. I can honestly say that in my experience, all of these claims are absolutely true and possible to achieve, as long as you are willing to put in the work on a consistent basis. They have built a terrific model that includes solid training and ongoing support, and the culture is better than anything I have ever seen.

Cons

Some people consider the status of independent contractor to be a detriment, since it doesn't offer "benefits" like health insurance and 401k. However, I've found it to be a much better situation to have those things completely separate from my source of income.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you on the team!

4. 5.0
      KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-current

Outstanding experience

May 17, 2021 - Publisher in Cambridge, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Version Media has the best support program for Publishers that I’ve ever seen. This is a team who cheers each other across the finish line and then celebrates the wins. I look forward to starting my week and setting attainable goals that I can easily reach and tend to exceed because this program I work, works. Why? In-depth training and the fact that my District Manager maintains very open lines of communication and is really there for me. I couldn’t feel any more supported or appreciated. When you work somewhere and you are appreciated, it becomes more fun and less of a chore. I’m able to apply my passion and persistence mixed in with a little grit that I’m learning thanks to the training and continual support of my TEAM and its’ leader. This company is the true definition of there being no “I” in team. I love it here and hope to have a long and prosperous partnership with my team here at BVM.

Cons

Well, if it wasn’t COVID I would get a chance to meet members of BVM in person. Also, virtual appointments are great but I prefer sitting face to face…also a COVID restriction. I have nothing negative to say. It’s been a great experience.

Media Relations

Thank you so much for the incredible review! We're excited to hear that you've found such a great success as a BVM Publisher. We're grateful to have such amazing entrepreneurs working with us!

5. 5.0

For the Entrepreneur who Wants to Excel

May 4, 2021 - Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial person's dream job. We have flexibility to manage our daily schedules - along with our own earning potential. I love the BVM culture, the opportunity for growth, the emphasis on helping everyone succeed. We receive ongoing coaching, there's always a person or resource to help through different business situations, and each publisher looks to learn from each other. I also appreciate the emphasis on work-life balance here. The work is tough and our schedules are full, but we are able to enjoy weekends, vacations and family time.

Cons

You really have to maintain a positive attitude because this is a daily sales business. This is not a company where someone can "hide" from doing his/her job. It takes a lot of work and diligence to build and maintain a successful magazine - and publishers cannot let up.

2 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

We love hearing from the dedicated entrepreneurs who enjoy working with us as Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers an award-winning culture, incredible growth opportunities and a work-life balance you won't find anywhere else. Thanks for the awesome review!

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Best Publishing job out there

May 7, 2021 - Publisher in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, on-going support and online resources are the best any company I've worked for has offered. To protect Publishers and Clients, the management team created online tools to continue our business when meeting in person was not possible. Best company ever!

Cons

You are your own biggest obstacle. I you want to earn a full time income, you must put in a full time effort.

Media Relations

We appreciate the kind words about our business and we're thrilled to hear that you enjoy working with us!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best decision ever

Apr 28, 2021 - Publisher in Chester, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, financial, personal, professional freedom. I determine my value and pay myself accordingly. Culture, fellow Publishers and friends I've made.

Cons

Requires an entrepreneurial spirit, mind-set and discipline. To some that is a con but a requirement in order to achieve goals in this role.

Media Relations

Thanks for the review! BVM Publishers have the exciting opportunity to earn unlimited income as they build their own business.

8. 5.0

Tremendous Opportunity

Mar 15, 2021 - Publisher in Abbotsford, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started as the writer and took over the magazine after I saw how much the community liked it. This opportunity brings value to the publisher, business sponsors and residents. Residents get to know each other and business sponsors show their support for the neighbourhood and connect with the residents in a meaningful, family-friendly meduim. For the publisher, it's a great way to bring value to the community and keep a good work-life balance. I also work with a nonprofit, and I can devote time from my week there while also working as a publisher for my magazine. BVM has been terrific to publishers and sponsors during COVID. They quickly pivoted with remote presentations. BVM has shown great compassion toward my business sponsors throughout the pandemic too. BVM is fun to work with and very positive. Their training and support are really good too. This opportunity has allowed me to create an income stream which has helped my family greatly. The sky is the limit. And BVM has room for publishers who want to run one magazine and others who want to run several. Overall, the culture is positive, fun and forward focused. It's a great opportunity for people who will put in the hard work it takes to be successful.

Cons

To be honest, the biggest "con" is that it's hard work. It takes intentionality, consistency, perseverance and resilience to initiate with so many people.

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review about your experience working with us! Our goal is to offer training, resources and support to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business. It's a challenging yet rewarding role that offers entrepreneurs the exciting opportunity to bring a beautiful magazine to their community each month. We're grateful for the feedback!

9. 5.0

Advice to job seekers

Mar 9, 2021 - Co-publisher in Sag Harbor, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Version Media has an extraordinary business and sales culture. They provide excellent support of their publishers with daily meetings, seminars, excellent systems and resources, dedicated, well trained and helpful staff, and brilliant leadership.

Cons

A new publisher must be a self starter, driven and apply themselves consistently.

Media Relations

We strive to offer support, training and resources to help our Publishers find success. Thank you so much for the review!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Impressive Company

Feb 25, 2021 - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the top down the culture that is integrated through the entire organization is second to none. Whether it is the corporate office or the sales field, very impressive. The level of widespread publisher success is great to see.

Cons

This is not a position for someone who is lazy. There is a learning curve like any position but a person must be willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work.

Media Relations

Thank you for the fantastic review! We take great pride in our award-winning culture and we're happy to hear you enjoy working with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews