Bharat Heavy Electricals Employee Reviews about "management"
67% would recommend to a friend
(121 total reviews)
72% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "This company is so huge but, there are very few people who can really help you learn because of poor management." (in 28 reviews)
- "Slow career growth" (in 14 reviews)
- "Limited growth opportunities & no transfer" (in 12 reviews)
- "Bureaucratic culture." (in 12 reviews)
- "always flattering the boss" (in 5 reviews)
Found 121 of over 1T reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 5.029 Apr 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeMumbai
flexibility in chosing the type of work. Co operation of senior management. reasonably good salaries and perks. overall a good organisation of good repute
time managment is not very good. project management and timely deliveries is quite unsatisfactory in BHEL.Deployment of correct persons at correct places needs to be effected. Promotion policy and transfer policy needs to be properly defined.
- 2.020 Dec 2021Senior EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsTrichy
A very strong company with good individuals but somehow does not have the leadership and aggressive nature to make money out of this talent.
Poor management that biases between unionised and non unionised workers.
- 2.09 Sept 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew Delhi
Comfortable Job. Full freedom of work (because there is no work). You have to create work of your own. Decent Salary as per industry standards.
• Culture is deteriorating with time. There is no collaboration and family feeling among employees. Heads are not cooperative. Only a few units are still left with family like culture where people help each other. • There is less ownership of the work. Mostly juniors are taken to task for any wrong activity which also has the approval of all the higher-ups. Politics also happens, seniors are driven by political move rather than the leadership skills. • Change Management is slow and is mostly done without any plan. All the stakeholders are not included in the decision. Hence BHEL makes loses in reworking on the unplanned failed activities. • Company policies are not transparent. Policies are not made to cater all the employees. It is tailored the needs of the Management. Transfer policy is not transparent unlike NTPC. People who work on sites/manufacturing are not taken care of. Some policies are hidden with Corporate HR and some benefits are given only to specific cases who have some contacts in Ministry. There is no uniformity in the Company Policies. The same policy can be handled in a different way in different unit. Many units make use of such unclear policies. Corporate doesn’t even share/update the clarifications anywhere. • No pro-active approach in handling the tasks.
- 4.027 Sept 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Different divisions work at different pace. Project Engineering management in Noida is good to work with . Dynamic and good work. Good money
The infrastructure needs to be improved and the work environment depends on which division u work with.
- 4.09 Dec 2021AccountantCurrent Intern, more than 1 year
In BHEL you will get great work experience, so that one can learn many things. And also management is Very supportive they always ready to teach you new things.
There are many restrictions inside the office. If you work as a trainee or contract employee, then you don't have any respect from anyone especially from security staffs they will treat you like thief.
- 5.028 Jun 2015SAP Mm/Pp ConsultantCurrent EmployeeChennai
BHEL is the company in which one can have freedom to exhibit their skill and knowledge. It is up to the individual to raise their level and growth.
The principles of management is not fully applied in this company. The proper motivation of employees by the management will take the company to a great success
- 4.030 Nov 2012Executive EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDibrugarh
best engineering and manufacturing base in India.Good know how,
Top management are reluctant to venture into power production and JVs.Policies are outdated
- 2.015 Aug 2012EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
A wide product range . Collaborations with several MNCs . Graduates and Post graduates can choose from a wide range of career opportunities ranging from management to engineering .
Response to any complaint is sometimes very slow . A strong reflectin of the Indian and the local culture and politics is found unlike a private company which when wisely used will turn into a pro .
- 4.027 Jul 2012EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBellary, Karnataka
Good exposure to gain expert ism in Power sector.A company with a very solid technical backup.Supportive management.
Project Site life is indifferent comparing to that of Manufacturing units and Head Quarters..