Biz Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Jr .Net Developer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially maintenance of project. Like validation and solving bugs.
    Develop Application with basic functionality, also worked on SQL like, Store procedure , trigger.

Cons

Want to go for programming.

2. "A great environment for learning and growing"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with other techs that are knowledgeable and that you can learn from

Cons

Distance from Headquarters, I wish I could be there more

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "Very blessed to work at BizTech!"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Kannapolis, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Kannapolis, NC (US)

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone in the industry knows the pace can be fast and the stress heavy, but it really helps when you look forward to work because of the great people, relaxed atmosphere, and encouragement to grow and develop while adding to the success of the company. I feel the pay is good, and we are clearly rewarded for working hard. Certs are paid for (assuming you pass!) as long as they align with management direction for the company. I have not had any issues with the benefits package either. Everyone just does their job and appears to care about it. We have fun corporate activities throughout the year (I especially like the bowling activity hint hint). Many of us also play Ultimate Frisbee in Mooresville on Thursday nights (see FB group). My point is that the atmosphere is definitely conducive to minimizing the stress of the job and making it enjoyable.

Cons

My only real hangup at the moment is that we still lean too much towards the cookie-cutter approach to using technology internally. I remember reading an article a while back how many big IT companies in Silicon Valley utilize tech internally (for employees). Basically, whatever you need or want that will help you do your job even better, you have it. While I'm OK with using six virtual desktops (thanks, OSS VirtualWin!) across two physical monitors, I really do believe I could multitask even better if I had at least four physical monitors (two stacks). At least my computer can finally keep up with me thanks to a new SSD! Now if I could just get more stuff in front of my eyes at one time instead of having 1-4 tickets open at the same time but layered beneath each other! :(

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

5. "Great company!"

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees and management are both very passionate about the company!

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time!

6. "Great atmosphere Horrible upper management and executives"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mooresville, NC (US)

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This business has a Wonderful atmosphere, and great facilities. The employees are very mice for the most part.

Cons

Poor higher level management, executives are two faced.
    They do not believe employees should have networks outside of Biz Tech they will terminate over it. They are condescending and heartless.

Advice to Management

Be more sympathetic to your employees, listen to them.
    Be straight forward and do not go behind their backs to fire them. Be a man and do it yourself.

7. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC (US)

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company with great management. Lots of perks, company events, lunches and entertainment. Very well organized and open door management policy. Great place to gain experience in IT as well as marketing.

Cons

Really can't think of any. No company is perfect and I guess if anything could be improved upon it might be along the lines of helping new employees feel connected quicker.

8. "Fun so far!"

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with. Everyone has fun and gets along well. Lots of joking around. Has pool table, ping pong, air hockey, basketball goal, and full gym in back. Many social events such as bowling and cookouts.

Cons

Can be stressful at times as workload can fluctuate from low to high very quickly. Some clients can be a pain sometimes.

9. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Mooresville, NC (US)

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot on the job. They don't micro-manage. Got 3 raises in 2 years. I got to dive into programming patterns and software development life cycle.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to focus as you tend to switch from project to project. It is a fast pace work environment. In some cases you wear too many hats; analist, coder and tester at the same time.

Advice to Management

Need to spend more time with staff and less outside the office.

10. "It is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mooresville, NC (US)

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a system engineer you learn a lot because you get exposed to various client environments. That was not the case when I worked for a larger shop. Some of the technologies we deal with are new and pretty cool to work with. I like the work environment as we get to hang with the guys after hours play pool in the warehouse etc. I have been here for couple of years started as lvl1 tech and consider myself as lvl3 now (not sure if they do). I like the fact that they encourage certifications and that the medical insurance package is pretty good. Pay seems to be fair and I got a raise every year. Also, it is a growing company so hopefully the pay raises will continue as they have been.

Cons

Can be stressful at time especially when it gets busy or when you are not familiar with the technology you are dealing with. They want you to follow a number of processes and that gets to be time consuming and pain in the butt. If you don’t like learning new things then this is not the job for you. They have been talking about a new retirement package but I have not seen it yet.

Advice to Management

Don’t focus too much on processes they can sometimes frustrate employees. Relax little on the rules that will make your staff little more comfortable. Get rid of the emergency phone and have a third party company manage it. Allow flex-time for staff.

"Mediocre Company with minimal opportunities."

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can start any project you want with full support since the company is so small, can start with no experience, half off snacks for sale in the kitchen compared to store prices

Cons

Anything you start will not make an impact in the company because management doesn't approve of change-- that's not even a word in their vocabulary-- so you're basically just doing busy work, false promises left and right, no room for growth, "senior" people have been there from day one so you will not be able to move up from your position, you are frowned upon if you finish your work and go home instead of hanging out at the office pointlessly, you get put on salary and almost required to work over time even if it's not necessary-- you just have to be "available," "senior" employees expect you to get things done there and then-- prioritization never occurs, everything is high priority.

Advice to Management

Change up your leadership team-- it's good to have a fresh perspective from people that bring new talents and experiences to the table. Don't promise me mountains if you can only offer me an ant hill-- realistic expectations are better than false promises. You have to take your job seriously and actually manage me. Set goals with your employees and check in with them weekly to see how they're progressing. Don't paint your company so perfect-- lots of room for improvement. Flexibility is key in this day and time-- don't just agree with that statement-- prove to your employees that that's something that matters to you too.