Blizzard Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
Blizzard Entertainment President and CEO Mike Morhaime
Mike Morhaime

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Blizzard actually wants to give employees a Work-Life balance (in 35 reviews)

• If you are looking for a work environment to fully 'embrace your inner geek" you don't need to look any further (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Orange County is expensive and salaries do not quite reflect the cost of living (in 29 reviews)

• You have to work really hard to exceed expectations which can erode some of the exalted "work-life balance" (in 19 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment part-time

Pros

It would be awesome to do the coding of WOW

Cons

Farther away from family that is really it

2. "Working for the best company in the world!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Benefits/rewards: bonuses, profit-sharing, pension, health-care, service awards for 2 year, 5 year, 10, year, 15 yrs, 20. Steins, swords, shields, rings. Free parking, free counselling services, free onsite gym access, onsite canteen, free games, free gifts, annual holiday party, annual bbq, team building budgets, free time to game.
    -Core values that matter: Embrace your inner geek, lead responsibly, game play first, every voice matters, learn & grow, think globally, commit to quality. At the core of Blizzard, these values resonate with every employee and form part of all decisions on a global level.
    -Culture: Open, respectful, talented, creative, geeky, passionate multi-national workforce with a shared vision - we all believe in the brand and products of Blizzard.
    -Environment: Best technology, intuitive applications, creative work spaces, personalised work stations, surrounded by artwork, murals, statues throughout the offices and floor spaces. Onsite gym, library, therapy room, outdoor areas, 2 canteens, gaming room, lactation room, pool table, table tennis, tvs.
    -Opportunities: Internal mobility opportunities, emphasis on training and e-learning for up-skilling, performance management to develop employees and allow them to drive their own careers. Various internal programmes for learn & grow. Career week for employees to attend workshops on building CVs, interviewing skills etc. Recognition programme for employees who have achieved metrics, targets includes vouchers, goodies, loot.
    -Health & well-being: Onsite visits by Laya healthcare access to 24/7, 365 employee assistance programme, personal trainers onsite for fitness including strength training, yoga, pilates. Employee driven health groups including Couch to 5km and other localised groups. Time off work to participate in above fitness programmes when business needs allow it.
    -Events: annual holiday party for all employees to attend with guest, annual bbq for all employees to attend with guest & children, celebration week to recognise efforts of all employees with goodies, free food. Internal tournaments, streaming of Blizzcon internally with food & goodies, birthday celebrations for employees, team building event budgets.
    -Diversity/inclusion: LGBT group, every voice matters group, women's advisory council.
    -Philanthropic efforts: Partnerships with local communities.

Cons

When you're working for the best company in the world who invest in their employees, it's nearly impossible to find cons. Any global company will experience difficulties along the way but one thing Blizzard is renowned for is it's EPIC support, EPIC products and their devotion to employees. Until you work for other organizations, you'll quickly realize how fortunate you are to work for Blizzard.

"Working at Blizzard"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible company and culture. Experience varies on which department you work in.

Cons

Politics is still a problem, old boys run certain departments. QA is a garbage fire.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and get rid of old, lazy employees. Just because they've been there for 10+ years doesn't mean they're good.

"Amazing Workplace and fantastic leadership!"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blizzard does a lot of things well. I know we're not a perfect company but the leadership team here definitely do A LOT of things very very well. First off, top leadership is very candid and transparent with the rest of the company. I'm not in a management or top leadership position but I feel just as much as part of the great vision of the company as if I was a top leader.

Their willingness to be open with us and transparent makes all of us that much more confident in the direction of the company and really creates a high level of respect that we have for our management team.

Cons

Perhaps the 401k match could be better. Would also be nice if we had some kind of child care for parents with kids but aside from that... It's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep on going what you're doing. Blizzard will continue to grow and we'll only get better as the years go on!

5. "Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Here at Blizzard, you feel at home. Surrounded by amazing people and dogs that would make your day even more better. The campus is great and has a college campus feel to it. What makes working here at Blizzard even better, is the leaders and employee relationship. It's definitely One Blizzard!

Cons

We need a dog park :)

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blizzard is such a relationship driven company. It's refreshing to see a company that prides itself on that first. Mike M has great vision for the company and I feel most of the organization follows in his beliefs. I've experienced incredible growth and satisfaction in my role(s) and don't think I could have had as many opportunities anywhere else.

Cons

Things move a little slow but that's typical with any company going through growth. You need to make the right decisions and that often times takes some time to get there.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We're growing and moving in the right direction so something's working!

"Lok'tar Ogar!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top end work amenities. Core company values are spread through every level. Friendly coworkers all embracing a diverse mindset, creating a culture of acceptance. Leadership values getting to know the person behind the work.

Cons

Expensive cost of living in the surrounding area; the company does subsidize healthy food options in their cafe and vending machines in each building.

"My new family"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of transparency, great worth ethic from coworkers, room for autonomy and growth, excellent leadership, interesting and challenging work

Cons

Occasional long hours, slow to acclimate (it's a lot to take in)

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic transparency with your teams

"Best place to work in So Cal"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented peers creative geniuses and quality products you can be genuinely proud to be associated with. Inspiring workspaces and great benefits.

Cons

Can be hard for new people to acclimate to the very established culture. Sometimes having a lot of tenured people is a plus, sometimes it can feel like it’s hard to make changes.

Advice to Management

Keep the quality bar high.

"Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time

Pros

You get to work in a group where everyone cares about gaming just as much as yourself!

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet!