Cover image for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 809 of over 912 reviews
4.3
87% Recommend to a Friend
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina President and CEO Dr. Tunde Sotunde
88% Approve of CEO

Found 812 of over 912 reviews

4.3
Dr. Tunde Sotunde
Pros
  • "Offers a great work life balance(in 102 reviews)

• "Broad employee Benefits, Average to above-average compensation, Flexible work from home schedule(in 76 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Constant changes from upper management, disconnect relationships with team leads, constant changes of policies and procedures from(in 15 reviews)

• "Not enough diversity on the pharmacy team with senior leadership(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

The people + the culture = life is good!

5 Jan 2023 - Campaign Strategist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Blue Cross NC represents a solid choice for people looking to grow their career in a welcoming and rewarding environment.

Cons

None. A truly exceptional company making a difference in healthcare and community.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Response

We are so glad that you are enjoying the people and are satisfied with our culture. It gives us great pride to know that we have met you where you are.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Complete Build

3 Sep 2021 - Developer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Business Knowledge can be acquired

Cons

Work is very hectic and short timelines

3. Join the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

31 Jan 2023 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Limited mobility without a degree

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for career growth

30 Jan 2023 - Principal Solution Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee friendly company Work culture and work life balance is good

Cons

Pay is lower than other companies Company works in Silos, does not work as a whole organization

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best job I have ever had!

26 Jan 2023 - FEP Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse, excellent work life balance, excellent salary and tons of room for growth. I love my company and it has one of the healthiest work environments I have ever been in! Highly recommend!!

Cons

None at all for the company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best places I've worked at

25 Jan 2023 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

When joining BCBSNC, the interview process was simple and easy. I chose to work from home and they sent me all the supplies necessary to succeed (laptop, 2 monitors, keyboard, mouse, headset, etc.) they dedicated day one to helping you set up your equipment so you would be prepared for your first day. after the first day, you go through 3 months of training which I thought was phenomenal. most jobs i have worked at previously had only let me train for a week or two before being thrown to the wolves. you also get paid for this training and get benefits starting day 1. The training allowed me to feel prepared to do the job i was hired for and my trainers were great. I have not been at BCBSNC for about 6 months now and I can honestly say that this is one of the best places I have worked at. You have a entire team there to help you incase you have trouble and PTO hours are granted regularly so in case i need to go to the doctor or need to help a family member, I can use it. Its also great that the have wellness hours you can use in case you wake up one morning not feeling well or just need a day to yourself (and don't forget about 1 free floating holiday a year!) I hear tons of people moving up in the company as well, so if you are looking for upward movement, then this is the job for you. I can honestly say that I feel important when I work for BCBSNC, other companies need to take note.

Cons

As for cons, I would say that if you are planning to work from home, you will need a wired connection to your internet. I had to make some major adjustments in my home to be able to do this. you CANNOT go off wifi for this job. One more con is that the programs being used and the computers they give you can have their technical issues sometimes. but on the bright side, there is a IT line you can call to resolve the issue and if not, BCBSNC will quickly send you new equipment in case something doesn't work anymore.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

24 Jan 2023 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work/life balance, solid benefits

Cons

competition is increasing challenging the ability to react quickly

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Workplace

1 Feb 2023 - Systems Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome workplace to work Awesome workplace to work Awesome workplace to work Awesome workplace to work Awesome workplace to work

Cons

org changes org changes org changes org changes org changes

10. 5.0

Schedule

14 Jan 2023 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The schedule was really good and simple

Cons

The hours weren’t working out for me

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

12 Jan 2023 - Senior Communication Advisor in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture , Work life balance, and hybrid flex.

Cons

I have none at the moment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 812 Reviews
    </>Embed

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Reviews FAQs

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 912 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

87% of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina? Share Your Experiences

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina logo

Reviews by Job Title

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Photos

+ Add Photo
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Posing with props! Our cultural Values are how we show up each day to deliver on our Purpose to make health care better for all.
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Showing some team spirit during a virtual meeting!
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Showing off our cultural Values and her work from home setup
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Blue Cross NCer showing off his work from home setup
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Happy 80's day! We love our annual Spirit Week
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Working from home means lunchtime walks with our furry coworkers
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina photo of: Welcoming our Fayetteville, NC team to our annual Spirit Week!

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Job Seekers Also Viewed

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Logo
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association

3.3

Compare

Glassdoor has 912 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina reviews submitted anonymously by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is right for you.