Blue Fountain Media Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 106 of over 111 reviews

3.5
Blue Fountain Media CEO Venkat Rangapuram  (no image)
Venkat Rangapuram
0 Rating
Pros
  • "BFM is a great place to build a career(in 8 reviews)

• "The rank and file were highly talented people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The best thing that BFM has is it's employees(in 11 reviews)

• "We all work long hours and some of us can never "turn off(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good Company

Apr 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel that this company has a great future, great salary package.

Cons

Found some little issues but not so big.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture + Company

Sep 13, 2021 - Copywriter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I only worked at Blue Fountain Media for a few months before making a career change, but in that short amount of time I felt truly welcomed, supported, and challenged to develop my skills. The environment is one in which people take their work seriously but not themselves. I was blown away by my colleagues' humor, intelligence, and commitment to their work. My managers were transparent about company challenges and gave truly constructive feedback. I highly recommend working at this company.

Cons

The social culture is a rather informal one, which I appreciated but may not be the best fit for all people. That being said, people were always serious about getting work done.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lacks stability, vision, and growth opportunities

Feb 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Several positive, collaborative, and caring colleagues. - An opportunity to work with many different clients and have ownership over your work. - You get to see your work go live. - Can be useful as a stepping stone.

Cons

There were no growth opportunities within the company for designers. And, the type of work that came in was more or less lacking in variety. In my time there, I increasingly felt a lack of organization, stability, and vision hamper our competitiveness and growth. - Overall, the company struggles to implement current industry standards. - It also became clear that the growth of the creative team and its individual members was not a priority. - I know several current and former colleagues who were underpaid, and/or who increasingly felt their skills and experience were not valued (myself included). - Being acquired by Pactera has contributed to an overall uncertainty about the direction of the company. - Hiring is an area that really needs improvement. And the office itself is not a comfortable or pleasant environment.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jack-of-all trades kind of job

Jan 6, 2020 - Digital Strategist
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with every department in a meaningful way. Digital strategists learn a little of everyone's job to strategize the most effective way of using all the other departments.

Cons

A lot of people, can get lost in the shuffle.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great collaboration among teams

Oct 31, 2019 - Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication among team members and transparency between upper management and subordinates.

Cons

Not much opportunity for upward advancement.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't believe the hype you're less important then there contractors in Portugal

Oct 11, 2019 - Senior Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They're on Madison Ave.

Cons

They're a dated media agency with a very closed mind.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Close minded, intolerable to change and unable to keep up with the industry.

Jun 25, 2019 - Team Member in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some bright coworkers. Tries hard to create a friendly working environment.

Cons

Close minded, intolerable to change and unable to keep up with the industry. Incapable and uninterested in keeping up with the times. Every time a good change is bound to happen, it ends up squashed between a political tug-of-war in upper management. Discussions are devoid of any logical reason and overly shadowed by personal interests. Does not care about work quality, only focused in milking clients dry with whatever tactic possible and openly laughing about it. Encourages ways to up-sell by withholding information from clients and compensates employees for doing so. Very backwards 90s management and product management style. False advertising of capabilities. 3 mass layoffs in the past 5 years. Not loyal to employees, actively destroys family livelihoods due to poor sales performance. Wages, bonuses and raises are a joke. Expects employees to be loyal when mass firings are common practice to hit quarterly numbers. Rehires new people to fill recently vacant positions when workload increases. Use once and throw away mentality. Low pay, extremely below industry level. Complains when talented individuals leave. Complains when talented individuals do not apply. Writes fake reviews in Glassdoor to hide all the honest ones. Blocks fellow employee careers based on where they are from. If you are a yes man and do everything they ask you without questioning, this is your place.

6 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

We never want to hear that our employees are unhappy for any reason and we are disappointed to hear that your experience at the agency was not positive. We wish you would have raised these issues to HR while you were employed so that we could have worked together to address and find a solution.

8. 4.0

Account Director

Dec 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and nice people

Cons

lot's of underselling and over-promising by sales team.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Account Director

Oct 30, 2018 - Account Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, fast paced, good variety of clients and projects. Great team, challenging accounts and never a dull moment. Extremely valuable experience.

Cons

Long hours and tough problems, clients come in with tight budgets and it is a challenge to manage expectations. Account managers need better sales incentives.

10. 3.0

Software Developer

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice team, good specifications, Remote work

Cons

No realistic goals, not the best salary, no flexible work hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Reviews