Bond Brand Loyalty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.4
Bond Brand Loyalty President & CEO Bob Macdonald
Bob Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Lots of opportunities to get involved in a wide-range of projects" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great people, vibrant environment, laughter encouraged, super smart people, friendly and engaging leadership" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance expectations" (in 13 reviews)

• "In my position, no work-life balance" (in 6 reviews)

"Diverse workplace | Interesting people / culture | Unique service offerings"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

# Good opportunities to move internally and your hard work gets noticed.
    # It is a family-like workplace, where there are employees working for more than 2 decades. That explains it at all. People stick on only when it's a good place to work!
    # Best part - An extremely approachable CEO. Any employees can reach out to him and there are various platforms to voice your views. And you will be heard!
    # Various internal events and committees that builds good work culture.

Cons

# There are few redundant people in the system who bring about a different view of the workplace. Except for those few, it is an awesome place to work.
    # Processes and training programs need to be streamlined, which will ensure better efficiency.
    # The office is very nice with spacious cubicles. But, there is lot of wastage in terms of stationery/ paper source/ printing. The recent printer challenge is a good initiative. But clean desk policy needs to be encouraged. Employees who manage various office properties (related to work) need to be monitored for organized filing / house keeping to improve look and feel - It is not so good right now.

Advice to Management

# Please recognize internal talent pool. Many employees have multiple skill set that can be leveraged by the Business. I feel the HR team can do much more in tapping internal resources - which I don't see happening very well. Yes, there have been few internal movements, but there is lot more that can be done that will be win-win for both employees and the organization.
    # Honestly the larger side of the Business is an amazing place to work. But many of these facilities are not available to the Contact Center, which I feel is an imbalance. Contact Center culture, training and processes needs to be looked into keenly to have pleasant working experience.

"Be Curious, Plan & Adapt, Own it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Bond, you will be immersed in a genuinely human culture. There is an energy that connects the people who work here. This means we rely on each other to bring our expertise and skill to every project. We are dedicated to our clients, to our work, and to not letting each other down. We look for the challenges, tackle them head on, and do what it takes to do incredible work and deliver incredible solutions. We never give up. Work hard and play hard are a genuine descriptor for our camaraderie.

If you're looking for an opportunity to spread your wings, show what you can do, and deliver incredible work - this is the place. Be ready to learn, to push boundaries, to be curious, to be agile, to keep moving.

It's a perfect alignment for me... so much so, that I had to come back.

Cons

The reality is, we like energy! This place has a genuine pace - personally, I wouldn't say it is "too much", but if you're looking for a process-driven, 9-5, Monday thru Friday job - this is not the place.

You will be asked to be able to plan & adapt. You will be pushed for creativity and innovation - doing things differently, uniquely and doing the right things. You will be asked to leverage your humanity to bring real solutions for real world problems where there are people involved.

3. "Account Executive"

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

Engaging environment, effort is made to engage employees through events and activities

Cons

Salary, company politics, outdated, limited transparency, poor job prospects within

4. "Fun and fulfilling place to have a career!"

Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart, passionate people and leaders who genuinely care about people
    Exciting, fast-paced and challenging projects with great list of clients
    One of a kind, fun culture and ways to get involved in something with a higher purpose
    Volunteer opportunities to travel and give back to communities in Kenya and Ecuador
    Unlimited vacation policy and flexible work environment

Cons

If you are looking for an environment that’s black and white, with a process for everything- this may not be the place for you. Those who are successful here are curious and comfortable with ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Continue taking chances on people and growing your up and coming leaders.
    Invest in new tools and technology to be more collaborative

5. "Bond Brand Loyalty"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

Get to work with amazing brands and engage in meaningful work that makes a difference for our clients.
    Bond is recognized as a customer engagement and loyalty leader in Canada and the US.
    Great team and social environment.

Cons

Very flat structure at/above director level. no growth opportunity beyond.
    Substantially understaffed.
    Pay is below industry and does not attract best talent.

Advice to Management

see cons and address

6. "Britney Spears - Toxic - "Don't you know that you're toxic?""

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Entrance is very nice

2) There is a gym

3) Nice Corporate Events

4) Booze at events

5) Ice Cream Truck from time to time

6) Some great and talented people (most of whom leave)

Cons

From my experience working here, behind the facade of the pro's to lure you in, I've found:

1) There's a bad atmosphere - it would seem narcissistic behaviour is present

2) It's a stressful environment - profits come before people with a very unstable work-life balance

3) There is a high staff turnover - entrance is nice but it should have a revolving door

4) People don't trust each other - lack of integrity

5) There's a lot of backstabbing - would appear bullying or mob-like environment is present along with blatant favoritism at times (popular people promoted vs true talent and qualified)

6) Staff aren't necessarily friendly or nice to each other - authoritarian management style

7) People gossip about their colleagues

8) There's a lot of moaning and groaning

9) Lot's of people don't like coming to work

"Digital Development department is unorganized"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work and life balance is good.

Cons

Old technologies and architectures.
    3 months probation - so no healthcare or other benefits
    DSP match is after 2 years of employment
    Vesting period is another 2 years after that.
    Managers are disorganized and bring their Indian work culture into management
    Gym is very basic and disorganized.
    No full meal is below $10 in the "subsided cafeteria".
    Management focuses on numbers rather than employee satisfaction.
    Career growth is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees, walk the talk.

10 Mar 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your input. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss some of your feedback further in person, if you are open to doing so. Since joining Bond I have made... More

"Digital Project Manager"

Current Employee - Digital Project Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Digital Project Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agile, innovative, interesting projects, great culture, great team members, great leadership from CEO (Coffee Chats with Bob) and management, great benefits, understanding of family life

Cons

Rapid growth and trying to catch up and lack of resources at times

Advice to Management

Greater communication among other teams working on big client projects could make us all more efficient and help us learn about the tools, best practices and other methods being used organizationally. A time log entry in EP for learning and brainstorming on an overall level.

10 Mar 2019

Hi and thanks for this feedback! At a recent All Employee Meeting we spoke of the opportunities we need to continually take to share more across teams, and so I completely appreciate your advice... More

9. "Great People"

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

If you have a habit of always absent with various reason the company is ok with that - attention full time in contact center

Cons

Great company, open and considerate

10 Jan 2019

Thanks for the positive comments on your experience at Bond! We aim to support our employees through their ongoing work & life management needs wherever possible. Thanks again! VP, People... More

"worst training experience ever"

Former Employee - Member Advocate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Member Advocate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-office environment looks relaxing
    -very nice interview experience. I had a group interview with one of the contact services managers. the conservation was very productive and everyone get to speak and share their opinions.
    -nice cafeteria

Cons

-worst training experience I have ever had.
    -I was treated with no respect. Lots of emotional abuse and verbal abuse during my 2nd training.
    Quote from trainer: " I am not your mom." when I didn't even finish my question.
    "everyone else knows it except you!"
    "Don't ever use the word you don't understand". the word I use is "cash flow", I was simply rephrasing trainer's point so that I can fully understand the concept.
    "Don't say OK to what I said."
    The entire training experience was horrible!horrible!horrible! I have never been treated the way I had been treated on that day.

10 Jan 2019

Thank you for sharing such candid feedback, and very unfortunate to hear that your experience was less than positive. Our employees are our #1 priority at Bond; we commit to exploring your feedback... More