Boohoo Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 18, 2020

Found 6 of over 193 reviews

3.2
Boohoo Joint Chief Executive Mahmud Kamani
Mahmud Kamani
Pros
  • "There are some really great people across the IT team, which is now a mix of those who have been with Boohoo throughout its growth and new people(in 6 reviews)

• "Autonomy, fast paced, make things happen, limited red tape(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and boring repetive jobs(in 17 reviews)

• "Spending 12 hours per day on work you practically will not be able to have a normal life(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you find a IT role at Boohoo, go for it, you won’t be disappointed

Jun 16, 2020 - Technical Project Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Great people across the business who are willing to help/ assist, allowing an amazing culture and family vibe • Good opportunities to promotion. Not just that, but if you feel that you want to try or learn something else, the company are open and want you to expand your knowledge. • IT Senior Management are always available to help/guide and expand employee skill-sets by training courses etc. • Autonomy which is great as this allows you to engage, learn, delivery and control your projects that works. Following best practice and governance of course! • Company are passionate about what they do and for me in IT, everyone involved to drive results appreciates what needs to be done and work closely together support each other! I couldn’t ask for more! • IT is always changing and for me, Boohoo is the perfect fit! I am involved in several projects where what we are delivering is going to make a positive impact for the business and our employees! Every day is different, challenging yet exciting but worth it when you see what we deliver and what when you see that end result! • If you find a IT role for you at Boohoo, go for it, you won’t be disappointed

Cons

I have not yet encountered anything that I personally believe had led to a negative Impact in my role

Continue reading
      6 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great IT department and place to work

Jun 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Boohoo has been going through a change in the IT department over the past year and its really starting to pay off. Previously the IT area didn't have a good reputation due to the environment and culture, but with the change in CIO last year there has been a real step change in the way things get done. A focus on delivery and improving the back-end technology is evident and a lot benefits are being delivered to the organisation. There has been a lot of investment and growth in to the people side in IT too and this is really great to see. There has been a bit of churn with some new people joining but not lasting (they didn't get the fast paced nature of boohoo and were more concerned with their own ego rather than being able to deliver) but this is pretty natural when expanding a department. There are some really great people across the IT team, which is now a mix of those who have been with Boohoo throughout its growth and new people. There is a real drive to make the IT area a success and a great place to work for everyone in the teams. There has been some new senior managers in IT and it's obvious that they are driving forward positive changes and are keen to make the place a success. The environment is dynamic and very fast paced and there is a shared consensus to take the IT area to the next level. A lot of change is being made to implement processes without it becoming a pointless 'tick-box process' approach. There are some great benefits across the building (pre COVID-19) with drinks and pizza on the last Friday of the month, a great staff restaurant and ad-hoc thank you's regularly taking place with food vans and other things. It's a real social culture and very much a work hard play hard attitude with the teams in IT and across the business. It looks to be investing in its people and that's great to see especially in the current climate - really nice to be with an organisation that values its hard working colleagues!

Cons

If you aren't used to fast pace then this isn't the place for you. The IT team is small in relation to a lot of other companies so being at the top of your game is essential. There seems to be some negative reviews lately from people who have left. Reading these they seem a little fictional and not reflective of the environment so best to take these with a pinch of salt.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad, not great

Feb 1, 2020 - Marketing Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people day to day, some cool events, decent bonus scheme

Cons

Poor management, CEO micro manages everything, stressful, low pay

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Great Company

Feb 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with some great people

Cons

Can be hard work and there are unsociable working hours

Be the first to find this review helpful

Boohoo Response

Senior Resourcing Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you met some great people when working here. Our business runs 24/7 to meet our customers demands, however we will take your comments into consideration for any upcoming shift review.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Work hard, play hard, reap the rewards!

Feb 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, lots of company benefits, straight talking environment, amazing to be part of something growing so rapidly and so special

Cons

It's not for everyone! it's very fast paced and not for the faint hearted. No two days are the same, it's a very agile business and if you're not a person who can cope with this then there's the door!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 3.0

good place to start

Feb 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good money; can meet great people from all around the world

Cons

target, target, target! Sometimes they put too much pressure on people working there.

1 person found this review helpful

Boohoo Response

Recruitment Manager

Hey! Appreciate your honest feedback, thanks for that! Glad to hear your positives. We do instil a strong target mentality in certain areas of the business. I will make sure this is brought up with the YourVoice committee in their next meeting

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews