Bookmyshow Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2022

Found 343 of over 373 reviews

3.9
Bookmyshow CEO    Ashish Hemrajani (no image)
Ashish Hemrajani
Pros
  • "Work Culture and ethics is great(in 40 reviews)

• "Very good tech company to work, work life balance is also great(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours multitasking no work life balance(in 30 reviews)

• "no work-life balance even on leave or weekends you have to respond to the customer care team queries(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Apr 25, 2022 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone are aligned to the goal and know what they are building

Cons

Too much work which could lead to over time.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

worked as event manager

Apr 27, 2022 - Front End Web Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a good experience working with this company

Cons

There are some time management issues.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place

Apr 28, 2022 - SDE-2 in Bakersfield, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots to learn and freedom to innovate

Cons

Too much micromanagement going on lately

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Culture, Competitive Salaries and Exciting Opportunities

Cons

Non Flat Org Structure leading to lower autonomy

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company to jumpstart your career

Mar 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good environment. 2. Easy cross-collaboration with teams.

Cons

1. May get stagnant if you don't look out for new opportunities to work for within/outside the team. 2. Work-life balance could be better.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good to learn for freshers

Mar 3, 2022 - Software Engineer in Klang
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company but technically not that great

Cons

Ticket booking only main business. No other business succeed. Corona was a difficult time. Lot of failed projects or stopped in between. Stream product is going as of now, not sure how long it will last. Now that theatres are opening up, ticket booking will keep the company sailing.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place under best leadership

Jan 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first time I am writing something like this. There are some intermittent reviews targeting certain leaders especially the tech CTO/ Head. In my view these are bogus reviews and holds no significance except for plain vengeance feeling. I think he is the best leader in the industry, his customer obsession, his bonding with the team, his passion for innovation , etc. speaks volume about him. It's not just me, his entire team feels the same. Its a privilege to work under such leadership and I guess his team will backup against such false reviews.

Cons

No cons that I can see.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Some People from outside BMS trying to write Negative feedback.

Jan 18, 2022 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

http://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Employee-Review-Bookmyshow-RVW58043142.htm This is not a true review about company culture or about CTO/SVP Under CTO guidance, So Many technical innovations have been started, tech floor has been pumped to deliver new technical innovation BMS tech team is a flat organization now everyone is approachable from SD1 to CTO Everyone working towards common Goal

Cons

None as of now, Tech team is doing a fabulous job

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Embrace the change!

Jan 28, 2022 - IT Manager, Head IT, DGM IT in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Things have changed, before COVID times we had invested heavily in a lot of tools which were essential then , our operational costs were all time high. COVID hit us and we had to take desperate measures to get the costs down. All of us were in ambiguity and were directionless when the new CTO/SVP joined Bookmyshow, not only did he show us the proper direction, he guided us on how to be lean. He lead the way and taught us on how to be frugal. This has really helped the company gain an edge and operate efficiently. Another value which was embarked on us was to be customer oriented. We are not stopping here yet, we are yet to take Bookmyshow where it belongs and make it the most efficient tech company ever.

Cons

The HR has been really supportive and there are absolutely no cons!

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One-team @ BMS/ No Anonymous feedback plz

Jan 18, 2022 - PROJECT MANAGER/TECH WRITER in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thank you to my 'Anonymous colleague/s' who post reviews about their pain areas. You guys really made me write today in my 21 months of tenure in BookMyShow (BMS). I am posting here with the hope that 'Anonymous colleagues' will come up and talk in a team meeting or share directly with his/her manager/PMO/ SVP/ CTO rather than posting on a public platform because you are also part of BMS right!? At BMS frank communication is really encouraged. I am part of the BMS since last 2 year (approx.) and also witnessed before and after culture. I was asked to leave BMS before BMS hired SVP/CTO, he hired me back within a night just by seeing my work which I did in my initial 6 months tenure. Before he came, no one was even aware of my work in BMS while you guys were reading documents written by me, ironically posted by someone else. I am reporting CTO/ SVP for last 15 months now and never felt he is having 'my way or the highway (for short info.. this is a line from ' Reservoir Dogs') approach. He recognized many of us solely based on talent recognition and he lends an ear whenever we need it. It is true he is passionate about BMS and I strongly feel that if he calls anyone at late hours, are the only ones who gave comfort/permission to him, has shown the same passion for BMS and determine to take BMS to greater heights. We do not mind him calling us in the hour of necessity because he is also awake at that hour to make BMS better. Still, I understand that this might not be comfortable for some employees..as people have their own outlook towards work/BMS and that is completely fine. In that case, one could have talked about it in team or to him directly. In my 10 yrs of career, I have never seen a CTO, getting up early to check if everything is running smooth and then again checks late at night. This is a commitment and I have huge respect for him. Hope to talk to you at work, would be a great help to understand your view. Thanks for your understanding :)

Cons

Nothing as downside but request to current team members to have frank conversation with managers/ leaders/ PMOs.

4 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 343 Reviews

Bookmyshow Reviews FAQs

Bookmyshow has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 373 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Bookmyshow to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bookmyshow employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bookmyshow. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

72% of Bookmyshow employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bookmyshow 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Bookmyshow Job Seekers