BounceX Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 27 Dec 2018

4.0
BounceX Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban
Pros
  • "Bounce Exchange is a forward-thinking company(in 13 reviews)

• "Some genuinely great people work here so it's easy to make friends(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Yes we work hard and sometimes that means long hours but that's simply because a high percentage of people who work here are incredibly driven(in 14 reviews)

• "Work-life balance can be a challenge but, at least for me, the work is exciting enough that I’m happy to dedicate much of my time to BounceX(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Rapidly Growing Company of Self-Starters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

BounceX is an extremely exciting place to work. The environment is fast-paced and encourages continual curiosity. Your ideas are valued-- the leadership team is invested in your growth, and outside-of-the-box thinking is the norm. An interest in continually improving yourself will get you far here. It's stimulating-- hours are long and the work is challenging but rewarding. Though you are expected to operate with a healthy level of autonomy, you don't ever feel like you are working alone or without gratitude. Perks and food are excellent. The people. Hands down the best group of co-workers I have ever had. Getting a job here is competitive, but internal competition is minimal-- there is an astounding level of teamwork and support. I am friends with many of my co-workers. The CEO-- Ryan is an incredible leader. He's warm and down to earth. He's definitely out there, but he ensures that the office atmosphere stays friendly, exciting and positive. He eats with a different employee every single day. You are overestimated and pushed-- in a good way. You are constantly given projects that stretch your knowledge and current ability. They hire very smart people and then truly develop them into the best version of themselves.

Cons

Some people here do struggle with work/life balance, though I have never seen long hours encouraged by management. The types of people who work here generally hold themselves to high standards and can many times be seen working late into the night.

BounceX2018-12-28

"Growing pains"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

- Generally flexible schedule when you need it - Basic perks of a successful startup - Great PTO policies leave policies (from bereavement to marriage and everything in between) - CEO is eccentric, but a sincerely kind, loving guy who is genuinely interested in the people at the company

Cons

- Long hours - Seemingly internal political games - A quality health insurance plan is lacking - Senior Leadership/Execs comes off as cold

BounceX2018-12-11

BounceX Response

December 11, 2018HRBP

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased that you’ve made mention of our extensive leave policies. I'm personally proud to work for a company that understands each employees personal life is different - so we offer two types of sabbatical, long term maternity and paternity leave, medical leave, extra PTO for your honeymoon, long term bereavement leave, and PTO. Plus Paw-ternity leave if you adopt a rescue animal! Flexible hours and Work from him days are baked in there, too! Let me take a minute to address some of the areas of improvement you mention: - We are actually in open enrollment right now and anyone on our People team would be happy to go over what insurance plan you had previously and help you compare it to our new plans! While I think the plans we had before were great, our new plans are better, more robust offerings so if you email hrrequest@bouncex.com, we can set up time with you to go over them in detail! And hey, if you read this today, our benefits rep will be in the office today and tomorrow for office hours to help employees get the most out of the new plans! - As we grow, employees certainly might feel distance from our leaders but it’s certainly not intended. The day to day running of this business is complex, pain-staking, and requires long hours. With our temporary space, that distance is literal since we aren’t in the same floor right now. But the leaders of this company really care! Each of them take various employees to breakfast or lunch weekly to keep a pulse on the employee day to day! If you haven’t been yet, please reach out to hrrequests@bouncex.com and we can help you get set up for one of the leadership breakfasts or lunches! We sincerely appreciate you taking the tome to reach out and would love the opportunity to discuss further so if you’d like to chat in person, please feel free to reach out to Kristin Langdon directly, Kristin.langdon@bouncex.com.

3. "Place Rocks"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

Never worked anywhere else where the energy actually picks up throughout the day! The office environment is vibrant and intensity is palpable. If you want to work with intelligent, driven people, you should really apply!

Cons

Yes we work hard and sometimes that means long hours but that's simply because a high percentage of people who work here are incredibly driven.

BounceX2018-01-13

"Growing Team"

Current Employee - "Manager In Enterprise" in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely challenging work, always improving and learning every day, genuinely humble, passionate, hyper intelligent, personable people on every team. This place rocks, seriously. I've worked in both small and large companies (private and public), and the leadership and people we are the real deal. There's a reason why the interview process can be tough and challenging. You will be challenged here. The office environment is especially dynamic, everyone is open to meeting everyone as we grow.

Cons

Can be long hours and there's a lot of opportunity to stay late in the office because you make friends quickly, and end up not leaving the office. Also, we are growing, new hires starting every week, so we're already outgrowing our space... and it gets messy and loud at times. But a good pair of headphones and endless Clorox wipes will do the trick. :)

BounceX2016-12-07
  5. "Fast Paced, Evolving Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always advancing our cutting edge technology, great blend of work hard/play hard mentality. Lots of room for advancement, lots of recognition for achievements, tons of company events and activities.

Cons

Long hours, office can get messy and loud.

BounceX2016-09-13

"I have awesome co-workers"

Current Employee - Conversion Director in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I joined BounceX, but I have never once looked back on my decision to accept this job. I am constantly surrounded by incredibly smart, driven individuals, and my opinion matters here. My decisions drive direct business impact for large companies. You are encouraged to push the envelope of digital marketing, and at the end of the day nothing beats an email from a VP of a large company saying "You rock!". The culture here is also awesome, everyone genuinely cares about you and there isn't a person here who wouldn't drop everything to grab a cup of coffee with you if you're having a rough day.

Cons

This is not a 9 to 5 job where you can shut your brain off from work "at the end of the day". We work long hours and the work is challenging and stressful. Work/life balance can be hard, but I've met some of my best friends thru BounceX.

BounceX2015-11-10

"Director of Client Strategy"

Current Employee - Director of Client Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our environment here at BounceX caters to anyone willing to give it all and learn from the best. We've seen meteoric growth, and it's a consequence of giving an incredible group of eclectic, smart young folks the runway to bring what we do as a company to higher levels every day. We're pulling down award after award for being the best place to work, having the best culture, etc. and that's representative of the place I'm honored to be a part of. BounceX is pretty neat.

Cons

Long hours, but that comes with any job in the start up world. Or any job in New York for that matter.

BounceX2015-11-10

"Great place to work"

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. You work with amazing, smart, down-to-earth people. You'll learn a ton from them and they'll push you to do your best/be better. 2. You're given a lot of responsibility and ownership of your accounts - this allows your schedule to be pretty flexible and the work to be very fulfilling. 3. You learn a ton about the digital space and how to make money running an online business. 4. We do lots of fun activities outside of work 5. Good snacks 6. 5 different ways to get coffee 6. Free gym membership

Cons

Sometimes you have to work long hours - but that's not unusual in NYC and the office is a fun place to be so it's not so bad.

BounceX2015-06-19

"Great culture, great people"

in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX

Pros

Coming to work every day is not a chore at Bounce Exchange. The opportunities here are limitless as the company grows as long as you're pro-active. The work is both challenging and rewarding and doing it among great colleagues makes it even better. Management is transparent and does everything they can to have cultivate a great culture.

Cons

As many have said before the hours are long and intense. Having a healthy work/life balance can be difficult. The office can be boisterous and over the top at times but it's usually all in good fun.

BounceX2015-05-08

"Sky is the limit"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

Explosive growth creates new and challenging opportunities every day. This includes opportunities to advance your skill set and your career. People are bright, motivated, and generally really awesome people. I can call the vast majority of people here my friend. Also the new office is pretty much a playground for adults.

Cons

The hours are long, but not ridiculous or unnecessary (i.e., no need to stay when your work is done). If you're coming from a 9-5 job it will be an adjustment. Not necessarily a con, but the learning curve is steep. You'll be expected to do well from day 1 - be prepared for trial by fire.

BounceX2015-04-20