Bright Horizons Family Solutions

1.6
Bright Horizons Family Solutions CEO and Director David H. Lissy
David H. Lissy
1 Rating

Pros
  • There are not many companies that fully embrace the concept of work/life balance as Bright Horizons (in 13 reviews)

• Children and Families were great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There seems to be some favoritism shown from the upper management (in regards to promotions) (in 14 reviews)

• Company talks about how you get a good "work life balance" but what they don't tell you is that is just for management (in 6 reviews)

1. Marketing Intern (UK)

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions as an intern

Pros

Everyone in the office is wonderful to work with and extremely friendly. Everyone goes to the pub on thursdays for at least one drink after work, some stay the whole night!

Cons

It has some of the negatives and lack of flexibility that comes with being a part of a large corporation but still in the smaller office.

The worst nursery I ever worked in

Current Employee - Nursery Nurse in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Nursery Nurse in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

The families and the children.

Cons

i have worked in bright horizons for 10 months the staff are very under trained. I recall a time a staff member telling a child that she shouldn't eat to much because she will not be beautiful. On my frist day I walked in to the staff room to hear nearly all the staff talking about how much they hate this place. It was almost that I wasn't allowed to like the place from the start. Everyday I walk in to such a negative enriomemnt of complaints and people planning to leave its so heartbreaking because now I hate my job and planning to give in my notice this week. Because of this job I no longer desrise a job in childcare and looking for other options. Bright horizon is company that cares more about the money then there staff its a very unorganised company and it's very sad but wouldn't wish anyone to work there.

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping with other staff about other staff and start being a manager

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Apr 23, 2015 – Human Resources

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way, and appreciate you sharing your concerns. Are you willing to share more information with us so we can better understand your experience, and share ... More

3. Acquired our previous company a year ago

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great support, always someone at the end of the phone or on your doorstep if needed,upper managers, regional managers supportive and listens to management team and their opinions. Brilliant opportunities for ambitious people with plenty of training on offer.

Cons

sometimes the reasons behind things are not explained to lower staff who like to see an upper management person cascade things to the team, as a manager we dont always have the time, to give the reasons to our full staff team, staff team like to see upper management in the nursery

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, maybe turn into a nursery practitioner for the day to engage staff in a positive way.

5. It was a life changing, eye opening experience

Former Employee - Nursery Nurse in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Nursery Nurse in London, England (UK)

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely families and some staff

Cons

Not enough staff or support

RSS Feed </> Embed