BrightStar Care Reviews

Found 769 of over 841 reviews

3.9
BrightStar Care CEO Shelly Sun
Shelly Sun
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule, weekend bonus, great clients(in 40 reviews)

• "So happy it’s Weekly pay that’s awesome(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Doesn't pay overtime and no benefits(in 44 reviews)

• "office staff, culture of office,(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Only take this job if you are desperate

Jul 16, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a recruiter I can not think of any.

Cons

This owner, Rampi Hijazin, of the Charlotte, NC branch, doesn't seem to know what she wants out of this position. I worked there for 4 weeks and had hired 14 people. That is an average of 3.5 people a week. Our main goal was to hit an average of 6 people a week. In my first month I was already half way to our goal. She gave me no indication I was doing poorly, in fact, she emailed me stating that I was doing a commendable job. She said, in front of other staff, that what I was accomplishing was "phenomenal". But on my last day of vacation she calls me and fires me. She said she wants to go in a different direction. I believe that direction is an all female staff. If you are a recruiter that has any sort of self respect I would not trust this owner and would look somewhere else. Unless, of course, you are just desperate for a job. In that case, do yourself a favor and continue looking on the side.

BrightStar Care Response

Corporate Account Administrator

The following response is from Rampi Hijazin, owner of the independently owned and operated agency, BrightStar Care of S. Charlotte: Our clear decision to part ways was necessary for those we serve – employees and clients. Unfortunately, it seems that we have a different understanding of what success looks like in this role. Additionally, we felt there was a misalignment with our core values that ensure everyone is able to work in a safe, respectful environment where they feel comfortable. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Five stars

Jul 29, 2021 - Certified Home Health Aide
      Business Outlook

Pros

BrightStar care in Huntington Beach are truly a great employer to work for, and they look out for the welfare of their clients as well as their employees

Cons

Unless you don’t like being appreciated there are no downsides

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great training resources

Jul 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training resources. The national team seems very well organized.

Cons

Depends on the franchise - they decide how to run their business within the framework of national.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

Jul 28, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have Reasonable pay, good clients to work for. The DON is always on hand to assist with anything. Good company to work for.

Cons

The shifts are 12 hours and sometimes you have to work 3/12’s in a row. That can be tiresome at times.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

High demanding job

Jun 8, 2021 - Customer Care Manager in Marina del Rey, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working with my office manager and staff. I would always get overtime even if I didn't ask for it. Also my owner would buy us weekly lunch on company's dime and would have quarterly outings. I enjoyed working with the staff who is just trying to making a living like me. We would have yearly holidays small office parties and gift exchange if you chose to participate.

Cons

I stayed for 3 years for the office manager but the owner is what really burned me out. He would call out every single negative items I did even if they weren't anything I could control. With every one of my mistakes, owner implemented a new strategy or worksheet to make sure that mistake never happens again. Owner would rather employ robots than have human error, he even said this at the holiday party once.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

Amarillo branch does not have a good patient base for COTA an are currently looking for an OTR

Jul 29, 2021 - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) in Amarillo, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brightstar Amarillo has a very friendly atmosphere. There is a sense of genuine concern for the employee. They are very pleasant to work with.

Cons

Currently, Brightstar in Amarillo, Texas does not have a large enough client base to keep even one COTA working. They are in the process of trying to find a full time OTR.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing as nursing student

Jul 23, 2021 - Hha in Flushing, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful, understanding employer. Has sick hours even if you are part time. Amazing work life balance!

Cons

Not much room for growth. Only had a 25 cent increase every year

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Home Health Care

Jul 22, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They always had work for me.

Cons

Sometime they would call me at short notice and I would not be able to take assignment.

9. 4.0

Good for PRN JOB

Jul 20, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and you can pick your patient

Cons

Communication in the office could improve

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fee for service home care

Jul 15, 2021 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule, no case minimum

Cons

being fee for service if someone cancels or if I am sick I dont get paid, there is no consistency of case volume

Viewing 1 - 10 of 769 Reviews