Brookwoods Group Reviews

Updated Feb 6, 2018

Found 11 of over 11 reviews

4.7
Brookwoods Group President and CEO John Sweney (no image)
John Sweney
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Top Notch Agency, Open Communication, Employee and Client Advocates

Feb 6, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best agencies in Houston for marketing communications placement. Thorough, professional, flexible and responsive, with an eye for identifying and matching real needs with the right talent. Effective service with a smile. Highly recommend to hiring managers and rising talent. Would work with BG again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Typical growing pains as they expand into new industry segments but this is normal and they continue to grow in these new areas into greater maturity and success.

2. 5.0

Excellent management

Aug 18, 2016 - Communications Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been a Brookwoods Group employee for four years, and this company is a first-class operation. Management is highly experienced and John Sweney knows how to get things done. Great benefits, great people.

Cons

No cons here. Only good stuff to report. The Brookwoods Group team knows how to make things happen.

VP Operations

At Brookwoods Group we believe our employees working in the field for clients are important to both Brookwoods Group and to our client customers. We are always ready to match talent to the right job.

3. 5.0

love working for Brookwoods

Aug 17, 2016 - Writer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Brookwoods for 4-1/2 years as a contractor with ConocoPhillips. It has been a very fulfilling experience all the way around. The benefits are good, and the team members are consummate professionals. I would also say that they hire only the best and provide superb value to their company clients.

Cons

I don't really have any negatives. I once begrudged the fact I wasn't a "real" employee, but working with Brookwoods has made me rethink that that.

VP Operations

With great employees working at top notch companies we are always glad to put the 2 components together.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company to work for and a very fulfilling job

Aug 9, 2016 - Business Development Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brookwoods Group definitely has a family atmosphere. The management team lets the team do their jobs without looking over their shoulders and has always been very generous and fair with salaries, commissions, bonuses, vacation, PTO and a full paid benefits package. That's why the company has next to no internal turnover of employees. Everyone here loves being here, including every one of our employees that we place in a contract role. Also, it is always extremely nice to not only assist very talented professionals land in their perfect role, but ensuring that every client gets the most closely-matched person to fill their needs as well.

Cons

The only real con I can think of is that there are still too many companies that don't yet know about the great service we provide, which means that too many companies are still making bad hires and costing themselves both valuable time and lots of money unnecessarily.

VP Operations

Brookwoods Group is proud of the service we provide to many fortune 500 companies and many mid to small size organizations as well. As word continues to spread about the way we treat our placements and our potential placements we are confident more and more people will recognize the service we provide.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

The Brookwoods Group--Great at What They Do!

Aug 4, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I first came to know the Brookwoods team through the city's marketing and communications leadership initatives and events--they are masters at sensing industry trends and customer needs. Then I worked with them directly as a candidate for a role at a global energy company, for which I was eventually hired. They continue to stay in touch as a valuable resource, ensuring a win-win between company and employee.

Cons

I really don't have any, as my experience has been positive.

VP Operations

Brookwoods Group takes pride in the people we employ and in the fact that so many of our consultants eventually become permanent employees of our client. Thanks for your comments

6. 5.0

Great company, very employee-focused

Jul 29, 2015 - Communications Manager Contractor At Dow Chemical in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people of Brookwoods Group keep me informed and make sure I have the resources to provide the best services I can. That is saying something since I just hit the three-year mark. Their consistency and attention to clients sets them apart from any other company I have ever worked with.

Cons

Really, none. I've never had an issue.

VP Operations

We respect all of the people who work for us in the field working for our clients or in our office. As a management team we know it is important to follow up, listen and spend time with the individuals who represent us every day. We appreciate the comments and we will “keep it up”

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Management at Brookwoods Group

Jul 28, 2015 - Vice President Operations in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality process is our mission. Finding great people for outstanding roles takes time and the right skills. The cost of a bad hire can cause problems for the candidate and for the employer. We take the time, but it is worth it. We have a great track record matching the right person to the right job. Our benefits packages are comparable to corporate employment, this keeps contract employees happy to work on the projects they are assigned.

Cons

We do not have a job for everyone, but we do like to get to know as many professionals as possible. Our process takes time and some individuals both on the client side and the candidate side do not want to put in that effort.

8. 5.0

Business Development Manager

Jul 24, 2015 - Business Development Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are total pros. Been here over 9 years. Experienced working with some amazing professionals. Learned so much about staffing and recruiting. Been able to add value here and have my voice heard. The knowledge in our office is very high level, most of us have sat in the roles for which we recruit, and we enjoy what we do.

Cons

We don't have a job for everybody that comes through the door. I wish we did! We've worked with some fantastic, mature, exceptional professionals. A few not so much but hey, we all stub our toe once in a while.

VP Operations

The Business Development staff at Brookwoods Group goes the extra mile. They build relationships and understand the client’s needs and what it will take to work in that particular client environment. They build trust and respect long before they sell. We appreciate the efforts. One of the things that makes us different is the team and the years they have given Brookwoods Group, which is proven by the 9 years you have been here.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Opportunity for professional growth

Oct 15, 2013 - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the field professionals, they really go out of the way to fit the right person to the right opportunity, more so than other staffing firms.

Cons

For the field professionals, you are really working day-to-day for the client, even though your paycheck comes from Brookwoods, so you better be really comfortable with the client (the company and the people you work with).

VP Operations

Brookwoods Group takes the time to get to know both the clients and the candidates. This gives us the advantage of making sure we have the right match. We may take a little longer to place good people or find good contractors, but the results are worth the effort.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Open communication, support, ability to experience new and interesting things.

May 9, 2012 - Business Development Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, opportunity to work with top global companies, opportunity to develop professionally, ability to write own destiny and support of that from team.

Cons

Winning the lotto would be a reason to leave. I've not won the lotto so having to work, this is the best place for me! :)

VP Operations

We work hard at Brookwoods Group to match the right people to the right clients. We are fortunate to have so many large Fortune 500 clients to match candidates to.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews