Buildbase Reviews

Updated 3 Dec 2020

3.4
Buildbase Managing Director Paul Roche (no image)
Paul Roche
Pros
  • "Good working environment, great feeling of team, good work effect, relaxed management style, onsite parking & canteen(in 6 reviews)

• "Senior management make themselves visible and approachable to all levels(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots low pay long hours staff are horrible(in 6 reviews)

• "No training, no support from senior management(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Review"

Current Employee - Customers Service

I have been working at Buildbase full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in as a worker

Cons

Stressful at times with management

December 8, 2020Resourcing Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your role. There are lots of different tools you have access to that will help with your work and potentially balancing your workload and stress levels. Try logging into GRAB to get access to LifeWorks our employee assistance programme, or MyLearning for access to our eLearning platform.

2. COVID-19

"So far, So good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Hgv Driver in Gloucester, England

I have been working at Buildbase full-time

Pros

Left to be your own boss and never hassled with phone calls asking about your progress etc. Company paid full pay during 2020 lockdown despite all branches shutting down, a clear indication they’re looking after employees. Some days are long but you never feel pressured to work late if you don’t want to.

Cons

Not much investment in you in terms of training to gain more licenses, thus far. (e.g. Forklift training) Having to work every other Saturday for 4 hours. Often take on too many deliveries that are impossible to get done in a day. Overtime is given back in time in lieu rather than paid.

November 19, 2020Resourcing Manager

Hello, Thank you for leaving your review - your responses are really helpful. In terms of feedback from our people, we run an engagement survey each year where we will take our colleagues feedback and try to make improvements. There is also the makingbuildbasebrilliant email address if there is anything you would like to feedback on. It's also brilliant to hear that you felt our response to the COVID-19 situation was positive, our safer operating procedures seem to be protecting both our colleagues and customers. As for the training please pick that up with your manager, if you feel as if more training would benefit your role then please let let them know.

3. "Dark ages company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bath, England

I worked at Buildbase full-time

Pros

None long hours and management very poor

Cons

Lots low pay long hours staff are horrible

December 8, 2020Resourcing Manager

Thank you for leaving your review and we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at Buildbase. Our branch colleagues work 44.5 hours per week, which is standard in all our branches, and any overtime is paid in lieu. We pride ourselves on our people making Buildbase brilliant, so are saddened to hear that you felt that way about your colleagues. Our management teams are always looking to support all our team members and we are sorry that you feel that you were not supported in the way you expected.

4. "Very ageist company."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Melksham, England

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not much realy apart from coffee machine.

Cons

If your over 40 then be prepared to be neglected & treated like a non entity!!

November 5, 2020Resourcing Manager

Buildbase is committed to developing all colleagues with a desire to succeed and progress within the business. We are proud of our Training Academy which has supported the development and future progression of many of its employees. In the last year, people of 40 or over accounted for over 37% of our internal promotions. Anyone with a passion for the business and the right attitude and ambition, has the opportunity to further their career with us. Melksham enjoys operating with a very age diverse, low turnover team.

5. "Ok"

Former Employee - Warehouseman
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Liked the work, kept busy

Cons

Lazy people, poor management in company

December 8, 2020Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your role with us, however are saddened to hear that you felt our branch management team are poor. We pride ourselves on the way our management teams support all of their team members through regular meetings, training and development so we are sorry that you feel that you were not supported.

6. "Good environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Category Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

good environment and work life balance

Cons

poor pay, no real progression path

December 8, 2020Resourcing Manager

Thanks you for taking your time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the working environment and felt that there was a good work life balance. However, we are sorry to hear that you felt the pay and progression was below your expectations. We do pay in-line with other businesses in our industry and pride ourselves on 10% of our roles filled are through internal progression.

7. "Not really a people company they could learn a lot from other organisations"

2.0
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary ok within the industry average

Cons

unfortunately the organisation does not work at speed, the systems they use are from the 1980's which should have been updated 20 years ago.

December 8, 2020Resourcing Manager

Thank you for leaving your review. We have been working hard on our digital capability and are excited for the future. Our AX roll-out has been successful to date and our people are at the heart of making Buildbase brilliant everyday. We run an in-depth engagement survey each year to get feedback from our colleagues to make improvements to the business which has attracted a higher completion rate as well as a higher score each year.

8. "It was good, I liked it"

5.0
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator/Yardman in Syston, Leicestershire, East Midlands, England

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

they put you though all your training Buy the uniform for you Staff accounts You get a pension and they pay half They give you grafton grabs, holiday time and discounts

Cons

they don't tell yoy when deliveries are coming in and they are expecting you to store something and there isn't any storage space

Continue reading
  9. "Very Good Company to Work For."

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Buildbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very keen on promoting from inside, great prospects.

Cons

Could pay their workers more

10. "Great place to work and progress"

Current Employee - TOOL HIRE MANAGER in Basildon, East of England, England

I have been working at Buildbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have only been at Buildbase just over a year and the staff in branch have been brilliant, niddle management exceptional and Senior management have gone way beyond my expectation. Great place to work

Cons

I really do not have anything negative to say.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 English Reviews