BuroHappold Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2020

3.9
BuroHappold Chief Executive Officer Neil Squibbs (no image)
Neil Squibbs
Pros
  • "Involvement in a large variety of interesting projects(in 32 reviews)

• "Some highly talented engineers to work with and learn from coupled with great projects(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "The desire to exceed expectations can eat into work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Sadly there is bullying from senior management and it's an environment you face needs to fit for you to succeed(in 12 reviews)

1. "Knowledgeable people who understand and explain things peacefully"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Lots to learn in this organization

Cons

No cons as such Working hours may extend

"BIM Modeler"

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Vibrant and Approachable work culture among all the employees with no barrier of hierarchical status quo is the main reason to work in BuroHappold.

Cons

No downsides working here in Burohappold.

Global Head of Inclusion, Diversity & Engagement

Hi There Thank you for your feedback. It's really great to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Kind Regards Lucy

3. "Executive- Accounts and Finance"

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Commutation Friendly. Nice Line Manager.

Cons

None as of now to comment.

Country HR Manager

Hi - Thanks for taking out time to give us your feedback. Its great to hear about your positive experience with us. We hope you continue to have a great stint with us. Cheers!

4. "Work Flexibility"

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.Great learning 2.Decent exposure to business 3.Good work Flexibilty

Cons

1.Stretched work hours 2.Hectic Interview schedule(2 months)

5. "MEP engineer"

Current Employee - MEP Design Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best projects to work with!!!

Cons

You need to be multitasking

HR Insights and Reporting Analyst

Thanks for your review! Great to see such positive feedback and we very much hope that continues.

6. "Work environment is not good"

2.0

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Many things to learn. Very advanced company in technology. Knowledgeable engineers

Cons

Demotivates young engineers. Struggle in mentorship. No appreciation

Global Head of Inclusion, Diversity & Engagement

Hi There Thank you for sharing this feedback. I am disheartened by the Cons listed here and would encourage you to get in contact with either line manager, your HR representative, a member of our Young Engineers Forum or myself to discuss these in more detail. There is of course our internal Rungway platform if you would like to seek some broader views and guidance on your experiences. Employee experience is of great importance to us and so your feedback will be welcomed and valued. It's vital we understand more about what may not be working for someone, so we can work with them to ensure things improve, for everyone. We are keen to learn and help. Many Thanks

7. "Mixed opinion about BH Mumbai office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Great work, Sustained in tough Indian consultancy market.

Cons

Visionary leadership is required to take Mumbai office to next level.

Country HR Manager

Hi - Thanks for taking out time to write in a review. Despite a tough real estate market, as a knowledge company we are not okay with doing just ordinary work and ensure our teams build on their knowledge and skills by taking up the most complex projects in India. Pleased to hear positive reviews on your work experience. At the same time, we also take note of your inputs on enhancing our leadership in India. We agree it is work in progress and initiatives like hiring a seasoned Country Director, Structures this year and grooming our home grown leadership team through the right coaching and learning interventions are some of the steps we are taking in that direction. Thank you once again for your inputs in making us better. Feel free to reach out to India HR for any specific ideas or queries.

"Graduate Mechanical Engineer"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time

Pros

Good working environment and organised.

Cons

None till the time being.

HR Insights and Reporting Analyst

Hello Anonymous colleague. Thanks for taking time to leave a review, we really appreciate folks taking a moment to share what it's like working here. We hope you continue to enjoy your career with BuroHappold.

"Great company to work for. Always ahead of the market with it's distinct vision."

Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary offcourse. Brand factor. Chance to work on iconic projects. Exposure to new technologies and software. Recognition of good work.

Cons

Some instances of overtime. Practice needs to be more standardized and unified.

Country HR Manager

Thank you for writing to us. We're pleased to note your comments on our projects, brand recall and employee recognition initiatives. We pride ourselves on making BuroHappold a collaborative, fun place to work. At the same time, we also take note of your comments on idea sharing and fun activities. Please feel free to share your ideas in our Open Town Halls which we kick started in May 2019. You can also use Yammer/Rungway, our internal social platforms to share ideas on how we can improve. We have a newly formed Social Committee that you can reach out to know what engagement activities are planned out every month. Most importantly, please feel free to reach out to us locally for any queries/concerns you may have. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and providing us with an opportunity to review our practices.

"A place to learn and grow as a professional!"

Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at BuroHappold full-time for more than a year

Pros

-A great place to evolve as a structural engineer. -Outstanding Projects. -Broader technical perspectives to solve and complicated structure. -Chance to get involved with prominent developers and proficient people of the industry. -Helps you grow over all as a professional, not only in technical skills.

Cons

- BuroHappold offers Moderately Employee friendly culture.

Country HR Manager

Thank you for writing to us. We're glad to note you enjoy the working on projects we take up in India. At the same time, we also take note of your feedback on our work culture and empathy towards our people. We are striving towards improving this with several initiatives this year - including open town halls, spontaneous floor feedback sessions and monthly meetings with all Line Managers to discuss key employee concerns and solutions. Additionally, you have our internal social media forums like Yammer and Rungway as well to express your ideas/concerns. Please feel free to reach out to your local HR Consultant for any specific concerns that need to be addressed. Thank you once again for your feedback and providing us an opportunity to review and improve our practices.

Found 229 reviews