C Space Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated 2 Jun 2020

Found 12 of over 226 reviews

3.7
C Space CEO Jessica DeVlieger
Jessica DeVlieger
Pros
  • "C Space is a place that really rewards an entrepreneurial mindset with near limitless opportunities to grow(in 22 reviews)

• "Everyone is literally amazing, smart people, nice people, even 'cool' people(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Agency life anywhere is fast paced, and C Space is no different(in 23 reviews)

• "Long hours for little pay or praise from seniors(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Cool place

2 Jun 2020 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture and smart people to work with

Cons

Some trouble with upward mobility

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback and I’m happy to see you had a positive experience with us here at C Space. We like to believe our people are the brightest in the business, and we certainly strive to maintain a fun, collaborative, and human culture. It’s wonderful to see these were large takeaways for you. Upward mobility is another area we take seriously, as our goal is to promote from within and invest in L&D of our people to grow their careers and help them advance. That is an area we have certainly improved in and will continue to moving forward. Thank you for your hard work and contributions to C Space during your time here and we wish you all the best as you continue in your career.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great manager, great culture, I'd recommend

21 Feb 2020 - Internship in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such amazing culture Amazing kind and smart people I felt taken care of

Cons

The work was boring and not really stimulating

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Brilliant people, lot's of energy and opportunity

29 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You get stuck in, you are supported, you are driven to have a voice - Once you can show you can do the job you are given autonomy and responsibility that supersedes your role. - Everyone is literally amazing, smart people, nice people, even 'cool' people - Training has come a long way, lots of support for new joiners and your team really look after you - You'll develop faster and more than any other rival agency, the feedback culture is pretty huge and really aids your development if you let it - There's passion in what they do, they really believe in changing the world through the customer and there are multiple case studies which show this - Pretty social if you want to get involved in that side of things, all company meetings on fridays where drinks, food and a lot of laughter occurs - Some pretty cool company events - Award winning: best place to work, best agency...

Cons

- If you don't speak out and ask for that support and help you can sometimes feel like you're drowning, the work is not a joke - Sometimes what you put in (because there is such a brilliant high standard in comparison to other agencies) and what you get out don't always equate - Long nights are not encouraged but guaranteed - is it agency life or is it also C Space need to be the best - Pay has become far less negotiable once you're in - Growth has meant detachment from management, but they are actively working on it

3 people found this review helpful

HR Business Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and give us honest feedback. As you know, we thrive on feedback and constantly vigilant about embedding this into our culture. It’s great to hear that you’ve had a good experience working with us and are given the support and autonomy to do your role with the opportunity to develop. We’re sorry to hear that at times you felt you were drowning and whilst we know it is a busy environment, we never want our employees to feel this way. We would encourage anyone feeling overworked or working long hours to please speak to their line manager, team director or HR so we can offer support and look at resourcing options. We can assure you that there is no expectations from the Company for anyone to have to consistently work longer hours than contracted to and we are currently reviewing how we resource effectively so all our employees have time to take part in our Learning & Development programme and spend time on their own passion areas and development. Our recent MRS wins including 2018 ‘Best place to work’ hopefully shows that we are continually taking strides to improving your working life at C Space but we are in no way the finished article so feedback like this is invaluable to us so thank you for sharing.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place - but must make the right choices to stay great

17 Sep 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Human, hard working, smart people. Really interesting work for great clients. C Space is a great place to get tons of experience, opportunities to grow, and learn a lot about multiple industries. Everyone really cares about doing great work and cares about each other. The company is growing in the right direction, looking to become more holistic and innovative problem solvers for our fantastic roster of clients.

Cons

Bureaucratic red tape can hinder our ability to be our best. Management is slow to solve internal problems, likely due more to Omnicom's behemoth nature than shortcomings in C Space leadership.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Director of HR

Thanks for sharing your experience by writing this review! It’s wonderful to hear you are enjoying the people, the work and the opportunities to grow. I think you are spot on in your assessment both on the great aspects of working here and the opportunities. Your advice to management is just what they are focused on! Thank you for your support there. Please do continue to share your thoughts and ideas for improvement with your manager, department leader, account leads and the HR team. And finally thank you for all your contributions to making us great!

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Senior Consultant

17 Dec 2015 - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good overall experience gained working here. One is constantly pushed to new limits, which is a tremendous way to hone on skills. Working with very smart people is also a bonus.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid. You have to get 'lucky' with where you are placed in the company, who you report to, etc. in order to get ahead. Would not recommend this place to anyone with an established career. This is solely a good place to start, which is evident by the above average turnover rate. Revolving door is how many would describe it. Low wages is the main reason the door is forever revolving.

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

A real mixed bag

15 Feb 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure to Fortune 500 companies, wide range of industries, some cutting edge market research tools and approaches; tremendous opportunity to learn at lower levels; enthusiastic culture and many great, smart people. Beautiful office and downtown location.

Cons

Very few career paths - primarily up or out - or try a new department. Absence of strong training and development; non-existent coaching/mentoring at many levels. Many managers who don't care about their direct reports and only make an effort at annual review time when required. Grueling, treadmill pace at more junior levels. Dwindling bonuses. Company culture is stuck in the past and no longer suited to a bigger firm. As firm has grown, company has become much less transparent about its financial health. Many decisions based on emotion vs. reason.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great experience - if you have connections...

31 Mar 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

An incredible space and culture. There are truly smart and talented people at this company. There is magic that happens when those smart people can collaborate.

Cons

Management can talk down to you like you're dumb... and you really have to be well connected to move up at all in the organization. If you're not part of the in-crowd (who get hired by those within), then getting a raise or promotion involves begging, pleading, and Awful pay compared to what you could be making elsewhere.

14 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Good place to work

7 Aug 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely and very smart people! Great projects and lot of scope to learn new things.

Cons

Too much workload and not properly mapped teams.

Senior Director of HR

Thanks for writing your review and I'm certainly happy that you feel C Space is a positive place to work. I'm also glad to hear that you feel you're participating in interesting client work and learning along the way. You're likely working hard based on your comment; certainly as a customer agency providing professional services to clients, the work can be intense at times. I'm assuming in your comment about teams not properly "mapped" that we could better resource the teams to support the work, something we're actively focused on through continued hiring (100 people so far this year!) and also the addition of staffing/operations business partners for the portfolio teams. If you ever feel the need to share feedback in person, I strongly encourage you to come to the People and Ops team. We're open and listening and want to help each employee have an enriching experience here. Thanks!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

You can learn a lot, but to progress you need to move on

17 Mar 2011 - Community Manager I in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of very smart people and some great opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

"Company spirit" is valued much more than actual contributions to the company, which frustrates many employees. Compensation is becoming sub-par for newer hires.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Great company and culture, but need to pay people more if you want them to stay

14 Nov 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, nice and smart people

Cons

The pay is way too low for lower level employees, leading to high turnover rates.

5 people found this review helpful

Senior Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments! We’re glad you’re enjoying our work and people. Over the past two years, we have increased our compensation bands based on benchmarking to ensure we're competitive in the marketplace. We know it’s critical to keeping our employees engaged, valued and happy as well as in attracting top talent. Our attrition rate is relatively low for agencies, and most all of our attrition is to non-competitive jobs and not entirely linked to compensation (though generally in the business world many people who leave a job go to another job that pays more). We are very focused on keeping pace with the growth of our employees and work hard to make C Space a great place to work – and stay long-term! Thanks again for your post and your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews