CCC Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Feb 2020

3.6
CCC Information Services Chairman, President, and CEO Githesh Ramamurthy
Githesh Ramamurthy
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and the company is constantly holding social activities for their employees(in 23 reviews)

• "Good pay, pay for performance, career development, interesting work(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management has unrealistic expectations and has been in the position way too long(in 11 reviews)

• "CSM on-boarding is poor and gives no direction to our daily objectives and overall goal in the role(in 7 reviews)

1. "Prefect work and life balance"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I generally liked the company. Everyone seemed kind and professional. My manager was easy going yet very astute and skilled. I would recommend this place to my friends.

Cons

It would be good if they provided free food :D

CCC Information Services2020-02-10
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Lead Operating Engineer

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Good pay scale .

Cons

none that I know of or I am yet to discover.

CCC Information Services2020-02-04
  3. "Good position"

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a lot. Great working environment. Productive team. Flexible working hours.

Cons

On board tutorial is not perfect. Need some time to fit in the company.

CCC Information Services2020-01-29
  4. "Great People and Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment with friendly and helpful developers and management

Cons

Not many I can think of at this point.

CCC Information Services2020-01-14

"Engineer"

Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services

Pros

Highish salary and reasonable PTO

Cons

1. Chicago office is running out of room...Conference rooms are always booked. 2. The office could use some updating, it’s not very modern. 3. If you’re looking for an environment with young and lively people, this isn’t the place for you. Most employees are 50+ 4. Senior execs are mostly male. It would be nice to have an even amount of men and women. It’s definitely a good old boys club. 5. It’s difficult to get promoted and no clear path for promotion. 6. The office is huge but people aren’t very friendly. Not many will say hi or smile at you. Everyone looks pretty miserable. 7. Printers are always breaking. 8. Outdated systems 9. Kitchens and bathrooms are always dirty

CCC Information Services2020-02-15

CCC Information Services Response

February 21, 2020CCC Information Services

Thanks for your feedback. We know space is tight, but it’s a good problem to have because it is solely due to our exceptional growth, fueled by new products and clients across our industry. As we communicated to all Chicago employees in January, we are evaluating new and bigger space and an announcement is coming soon. Your other comments don’t reflect how employees view our space. The Mart is an historic Art Deco building and a tech hub with great restaurants, a mix of businesses and the CTA coming into the building. CCC’s space, including restrooms and common areas, is clean and welcoming. Regarding the age of our population, we skew young - the median age of the over 600 employees who work in our corporate Mart headquarters is 35; the average age of the hundred-plus new employees hired in the past eighteen months is 30.

Continue reading

"Disgusting management practices, toxic, acerbic, disrespectful work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous (Worked for A Vital Team) in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The location maybe? Merchandise Mart is a great work location in the middle of lovely Chicago downtown. But that's about it for Pros.

Cons

Way too many! 1. First rung of managers is the absolute worst. They engage in slander, gossip and spread baseless rumors amongst their peers. They also vilify their underlings among fellow teammates. 2. Loyalty to manager in terms of accepting that they are the absolute overlords is preferred to professionalism and hard work. Being able to please them lords will get you promotions and not the quality of work or the hours you put in. The better you suck-up the quicker you climb up the ladder. 3. Real talent, skill, domain specialization is never respected. Everyone should apparently mix up each other's work irrespective of individual strengths and skillset. People with zero domain knowledge end up becoming managers of pseudo research teams simply because they were the cheapest replacement available to a talented employee who quit in utter disgust. 4. The attrition rate is through the roof since this company only rewards kowtowing, subservient folks. In summary: No self-respecting talented employee would remain here for long. 5. Compensation is not only not at par with the industry but is also decided by how and when you joined the company irrespective of your skill level. It also varies across teams even at the same level of the hierarchy. 6. Hierarchical company of the worst kind. You need the blessings of your manager, their manager and the dark lord above to even get office supplies and a damn monitor or IT repair. 7. Preferential treatment meted out to subservient folks who are rewarded with travel to conferences that seldom add any value to the team and end up becoming excursions at company expense. 8. Undervalued, under-appreciated and no-credit for your work. In fact, your work is stolen from you right under your nose with not even a mention of your contributions. 9. Managers have zero resource allocation skills. Wont even allot sufficient resources to help you get your job done. The blame will then, however, be placed on you squarely for failing to deliver a task which doesn't even fall within your skill-set. Zero understanding of core-competencies. 10. Nitpicking and micro-management are the hallmark traits of a successful manager here. 11. Managers are outright abusive and even exercise workplace harassment with pleasure, threatening to fire people for no apparent reason and with no official notice, simply because they felt like exploiting your immigration situation. 12. You are expected to work at the whims of your manager with utter disregard for your personal time off or company holidays. Apparently you are just their personal property to use as they please. 13. The year-end feedback system is defunct. In fact, it could be used as a tool against you and is just a way for them to identify dissenting employees. There is zero value for opinion. 14. The managers will doubt your abilities and will go to lengths to convince you that you suck so that they can feel superior to you. 15. Repeated requests for projects relevant to your skill sets will get turned down and you will be allocated projects that set you up for failure intentionally so they can fire you for incompetence. 16. They will go to any lengths to hide the defects in their results/models, even so far as to engage in unethical practices, such as asking you to avoid mentioning defects that you discovered, while they keep operating with faulty models/data. 17. Managers are often clueless of the details and just want to pursue something that sounds cool with no idea of how to successfully get there (for eg DL/AI/CV)

CCC Information Services2020-01-09

CCC Information Services Response

January 10, 2020CCC Human Resources

While we are sorry to hear of your specific experience, we feel strongly that it is inconsistent with the vast majority of CCC employees. We are proud to have built an organization that is highly engaged that is reflected by our low attrition. CCC has an industry-recognized leadership team and we’ve been identified regularly as a “best place to work” by sources such as Forbes and Built-in Chicago. While we recognize there is always room for improvement, we are proud of our organization, leadership, and culture, and don’t feel that your experience is an accurate depiction of life as CCC employee.

Continue reading
  7. "Very innovative company"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation and good co-workers.

Cons

Some days are boring and they tend to bring in outside people for senior management job openings rather than grooming internal employees for advancement.

"Software Engineer Intern"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I coded was actually used and made it into production.

Cons

Felt under valued and felt that I wasn't important as the rest of the team.

CCC Information Services2019-12-07

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working at CCC for 5 years now. A few of the pros that have kept me here have been the pay, benefits, work/life balance, staff and environment. My direct managers/supervisors have always made sure to assist me in my development. Providing me with the proper resources to advance my career. If you come to work and work hard while you are here you are rewarded with opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

Parking Downtown gets expensive and is a hassle

CCC Information Services2019-11-06

"Cheap Company, Needs Leadership Refresh"

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Location of the Chicago office

Cons

Underpays back office staff while overpaying unqualified leaders who don’t know what they’re doing in the current industry climate. Many leaders refuse to take input from younger members of the company who have fresh ideas and actual experience in a variety of fields. Also, beware of HR. They will side with long-time managers over lower level staff, just to keep the peace with those who have power (the office politics are toxic and it’s sad how much fun management has abusing their power). There’s a severe lack of employee engagement and anytime management decides to give back to employees, it’s always very cheap and is treated like a hassle on upper management (because it affects their bonus).

Found 224 reviews