CDW Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated 23 Dec 2020

4.0
CDW CEO Christine Leahy
Christine Leahy
Pros
  • "CDW always puts their coworkers first and ensures a good work/life balance(in 198 reviews)

• "Coworkers are truly what make it such a great place to work(in 101 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low base salary for a sales job(in 99 reviews)

• "not enough exposure to different Account Managers unless you go looking for it(in 71 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great entry level job"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at CDW full-time for more than a year

Pros

If youre looking to get your career started in sales this is a great place to look. They do extensive training and make sure youre ready to hit the ground running. Though its very few that make it.. if youre one of the few you can make a lot of money. Be prepared to put in the extra work off the clock in you want to make it.

Cons

Base Salary is not ideal. Is more of a who can out last who job. Most of your starting class wont make it but the ones that do can really succeed. All about getting those big accounts when people leave. If you lose one of your top accounts (which happens often) it can drastically effect your performance.

2. "Still a great company 20 years later."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture is what makes CDW a great place to work. CDW realizes the way to be successful is to focus on developing their coworkers and in turn the coworkers focus on the customer. We work hard but they make it worth our while in many ways.

Cons

The diversity overall is still a work in progress but they are dedicated to bringing the right balance of diversity and talent into the company and having them feel included. Still further ahead in this regard than many other similar companies.

3. "Vast opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work - lots of opportunities to expand and go into other areas of the business. Amazing culture and great coworkers.

Cons

Adjust and explore opportunities to increase pay structure

4. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Great leaders who care about your well-being and want you to succeed - Fun, fact-paced culture - Coworkers are truly what make it such a great place to work

Cons

- Communication between departments could be improved - Some of the benefits could be better

5. "Good"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at CDW full-time

Pros

Great place and great work environment

Cons

None it’s a great place to work

6. "Potential, Ruined by Culture"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Network Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CDW for less than a year

Pros

You will be exposed to a huge range of different technologies, and a large number of clients. There's a good level of documentation, and it's updated regularly. This is a great place to advance in your career quickly, but that's because they churn through folks rapidly.

Cons

If you're in the 'in-club', it will be a vastly different experience versus if you're not. The culture is beyond toxic, it's one of pushing back versus getting work done. You can learn more by trying to eavesdrop around the office, than actual communication or feedback. Job performance and skill-sets are valued far less than if you're the type of person they're looking for.

Continue reading
  7. "Best place I have worked"

Current Employee - Service Desk in Peterborough, England

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for a few of the industry big players both in the Managed services and technical services arena, CDW is the best of the lot. Unfortunately the view of the place is sometimes tainted by those individuals that don’t want to work hard and develop a career but as a person who does, i have been afforded development and support whenever I have asked for it. It’s a busy environment and an overly sales led culture that sometimes drives a subordinate feeling at back office level, but the business is maturing, led by some new blood that have recently joined and i personally have been able to work my way up the ladder in a relatively short amount of time. As a female I feel empowered in an industry that is typically male dominated and I am impressed with the businesses culture and values. For those people who are willing to work hard and are progressing it’s a great place to be and an environment that identifies talent, but you can’t expect that to just come to you without putting anything in.

Cons

Pay is a little uncompetitive and systems are old. The rewards and recognition for Sales are not replicated enough at back office.

October 7, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the great review! We value CDW’s culture and encourage our coworkers to make things happen.

"Great Place to Grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been here for just over 2 year and have almost nothing but good things to say about this position. GREAT leadership with an impressive vision for the future. For anyone trying to get into the tech industry with little experience, this is a really great place to start and grow.

Cons

Paternity leave policy was just updated and it's gone from abysmal (2 days) to slightly behind the industry standard (2 weeks) as a non-primary caregiver as well as a primary care giver (8 weeks). As someone who foresees a future in a non-traditional family (male, same sex couple) I urge leadership to start looking at this as an issue on inclusivity.

September 23, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! CDW coworkers regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week with at least 30 days of service are eligible for paid Parental Leave. Parental Leave is for birth of a child, adoption or care for a newborn. Coworkers can certify as a Primary or Non-Primary Caregiver. For additional questions, please contact coworker@cdw.com.

9. "Decent Company to Work For"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst II in Madison, WI

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pretty decent benefits, especially when compared to most companies these days. The co-workers at CDW are all good people and for the most part everyone gets along great. There is a lot of talent and knowledge in the managed services and field services departments, so it's a great place for learning from your peers. The work environment is fairly relaxed, and even when sh!t hits the fan everyone still keeps their cool. Most of management would rather discuss issues than bark orders at their subordinates.

Cons

As time goes on, the company makes you feel more and more like a number and less like a person. Upper management and HR care more about if you are on-time than how much work you get done or how much value you add to the company. They push on supervisors to come down hard on employees for being 5 minutes late, but could care less if you work an additional 1 or 2 hours on top of your 12 hour shift.

"A great place for a long term career!"

Current Employee - Advanced Technology Account Executive

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, great people, supportive environment. I've been working at CDW for 15 years. When I first started I had no idea I would stay this long! It is definitely the best place to work in tech. While starting out is challenging, if you work hard and stick with it, you will be successful. The company is really focused on the right things and I love the improvement of diversity in executive leadership. A great place to make a career.

Cons

Can be hard to get started, but a good work ethic will make you successful!

September 13, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the great review! We value our coworkers and the amazing CDW culture that we have.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 English Reviews