CES (India) Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

CES (India) Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2019

3.4
CES (India) CEO Venkat Davarapalli (no image)
Venkat Davarapalli
Pros
Cons
  • "Hire and fire policy is always at priorty(in 5 reviews)

• "No Cons specifically,can improve on benefits(in 4 reviews)

1. "A Place for Complete Professional Freedom"

Former Employee - Finance Executive in Chennai

I worked at CES (India) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in CES IT Chennai office at Navalur for 4 years. In this phase of life I have professionally evolved because of the freedom I had to improve and showcase my skills. People are friendly and the Flat Hierarchy is really something to appreciate. We get ample chance to work with inter departments and build a more strong professional environment. In short we have the chance to realise the leader in us and... evolve independently.

Cons

There is no much of Cons to list out. I believe there will be some sort of disagreements wherever we work. Its up to the individual. Employee Benefits such as Lunch and Dinner, Cab, Insurance, Good Annual Appraisals are provided. What else... The Managers are cooperative and friendly. You can approach the management directly if you have grievances.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work.

CES (India)2019-09-17

"Organization with rapid growth & people centered"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I worked at CES (India) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Engaging teams & flat culture helps everyone to get along quicker. Given exposure at client, project and operations level to participate. They value open feedback to listen associates at all levels. Have witnessed friendly & competitive employee benefits policy for different departments & teams.

Cons

Slower expansion of business Volatile flow of business pipeline Visibility with key initiatives matters most

Advice to Management

Strengthening pre-sales & CoE teams Winning fixed-bid projects

CES (India)2019-08-30
  3. "Senior Team Lead"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead

I have been working at CES (India) full-time

Pros

Good Pay and work life balance

Cons

No big work exposure and bad management

CES (India)2019-09-10
  4. "Nice Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nāvalūr

I have been working at CES (India) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) Openness to learn and experiment. 2) There is no hard and fast deadlines which will kill you! No need to stretch work hours. 3) Easy movement laterally into other teams if you are interested. 4) Very flexible with office hours. 5) work from home options. 6) They provide healthy food for free of cost 7) Upper management is very friendly and especially the Director.

Cons

Office location is bit far from the city.

CES (India)2019-09-06
  5. "Worst Company Ever"

I have been working at CES (India) part-time

Pros

Nothing to Say. You will be fired one day.

Cons

Your future will be a question mark.

Advice to Management

It is not even management.

CES (India)2019-09-26
  6. "It was a good experience."

I worked at CES (India) full-time

Pros

Friendly work culture and decent salary

Cons

Nothing much as far i served in the office

CES (India)2019-08-20
  7. "Good firm but needs to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Dot Net Developer in Nāvalūr

I have been working at CES (India) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Even at SSE level you can directly interact with client for requirement gathering. Lot of learning between Software Eng to Lead level. Beyond that I’m not sure. Flexible comp off policy but prior approval required. Mostly project managers will not entertain surprise comp off. Leave policy is good. We will get 36 days apart from regular govt holidays. CES is working on all recent tech stacks. On the job training... helps us to learn and grow. Delivery incentive on top of CTC is very attractive again its depends on your billability. Good hike percent in yearly appraisal. Avg hike is 15% last year. Good cab and transport facility. Flexible breaks. No login hour tracking

Cons

They should allocate a separate time for some brainstorming and innovative ideas apart from our regular deliverables. Team lead and Architects are mostly busy. Work infrastructure needs to be improved. L&D team should conduct individual sessions to understand our learning interest. Don’t just go with Project Manager’s recommendation on my learning. I have better clarity on what we need than our supervisor.

Advice to Management

Crct all the cons mentioned above

CES (India)2019-08-28

"CES is an org which harbours the culture of innovation, learning & flat"

Current Employee - Senior Dotnet Developer in Nāvalūr

I have been working at CES (India) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company always tries for finding leaders within org rather than hiring from other companies. Most of the architects are scaled up from SSE to architect within a span of 4 years. I got 2 promotions in 3 years. Their role play concept allows employees to opt in for promotion with agreed milestones for 2 quarters. If you achieve that you will get promoted. Company gives good space to learn and grow. No room for... laid-back mindsets. Mid size company emerging into level 5 companies. Hence resources have to work on multiple projects simultaneously which have both pros and cons. CES have good no of long terms projects for .net, ui and mobility teams. Good incentive structure for delivery team. Cab facilities - flexible pick up points and sedan/suv vehicles mostly. Free food - decent lunch & dinner. Employee centric policies (hours of work, work from home, leave category with quarterly encashment for unused leaves etc. )

Cons

Leads have to take multiple responsibilities both technically and functionally. Few may not be interested in functional responsibilities. We have to define our role and limit our kpi which I have done in my last kra discussion.

Advice to Management

Management can be more transparent.

CES (India)2019-08-21

"Good organization"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Hyderābād

I have been working at CES (India) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Company. No micro management. Night cab facility (sharing basis). No salary delays. They pay for extra efforts. They have a good fun committee where you can enjoy working with them. Excellent HR team, they will care for your work life balance. People will love working with company. Great infrastructure and facilities.

Cons

Depends on the team you are going to join

Advice to Management

Nothing

CES (India)2019-07-22
  10. "Good organization"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Hyderābād

I worked at CES (India) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have lot of scope to learn and work on new technologies. Good HR people Employees benifits Work-personal life balance Work from home

Cons

There is no cafeteria. We can't get food,only option is to get food from home.

Advice to Management

Hire a vendor for food supply in Hyderabad facility just like Chennai facility.

CES (India)2019-07-15