CGI Communications Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2021

4.2
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "The way CGI takes care of its employees really makes all the hard work worth it(in 21 reviews)

• "Solid work environment, good people, competitive(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 15 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee

good

2 Jan 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

good companey easy to work

Cons

work on management is good

Recruiter

Thank you for your contribution.

2. 5.0

An incredible jumping point

20 May 2021 - Content Writer in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

work/life balance, positive atmosphere, advancement

Cons

pay, clarity, acknowledgment, shifting goal posts

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Personnel

As our company continues to evolve and rebound after an unpredictable 2020, we're constantly focusing on our goals and adapting to the speed bumps along the way. We appreciate your patience and daily energy to help us thrive in 2021 and beyond!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company, Not a great outlook

7 Apr 2021 - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had decent pay for a sales job with commission in Rochester, the offices are nice, there are some genuinely nice people in senior staff and below.

Cons

Small company that is selling a product people/business owners don't want from small companies anymore. Definitely some politics at play among SOME senior staff. Overall, not alot of advancement opportunity since they are downsizing. Training isn't really good sales training, however if you are a natural seller then maybe. Commission is weak in the beginning, stays week if you are not overachieving. A lot more prospecting than selling compared to other sales positions in other industries. It is hard to sell digital services when AWS and Google sell them and have WAY more capabilities.

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your time with CGI and your contributions to our sales team. We're excited about our future as we have some new product lines coming out while continuing to refine our existing offerings. The future is bright for CGI!!!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Decent starting point for a sales career, but don't get stuck there

4 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

They hire out of college

Cons

Pushy/ outdated sales tactics paired with a product that is hard to get behind.

Director of Personnel

CGI's training for new salespeople is simple yet in-depth and puts our new team members in a position to be immediately successful. 30+ years of working with our community partners has given our sales team tremendous opportunity, which gives our new employees leverage over other sales opportunities in the market. Digital marketing and video services are essential today, especially for small business, and we take pride in helping our clients every day!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Learning experience

9 Mar 2021 - Account Associate in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing learning opportunity, fast paced, great supportive people. They recognize that your time here is often a stepping stone and that working here is great leverage for future opportunities.

Cons

The sales associate position sounds awful, there is high turnaround there. There are a lot of menial tasks mixed in with more important and interesting ones. Not a traditional agency focusing on campaigns- it is ranking focused so there isn't as much creativity as other agencies.

Director of Personnel

One of our goals when hiring is to align your career aspirations with our opportunities. Our employee's current and future success, both personally and professionally means a lot to us, We work hard to motivate and cultivate an environment of success and growth so finding top notch employees is a priority!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

More negative than positive

2 Mar 2021 - Account Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you find yourself on a good team/with good managers, you’ll experience success. Additional bonuses and compensation for satisfactory work was always a plus. You’ll grow here, but you’ll do a lot of hard work.

Cons

Leadership from the top down is fairly toxic and at times borders on harassment of individuals, often females. Managers and Directors will tell you one thing, then go and do the opposite. Leadership likes to use fear tactics to get more appointments on the calendars and you’ll experience lots of smiling and dialing. If you’re young and needing a job right out of college, you’ll probably be fine. But if you’re older/trying to grow your career, you’ll find the salary is low, the benefits are expensive/lackluster, work/life balance doesn’t exist, you’ll scrape by all year just to get a week or two off for vacation, and you’ll barely make enough to make ends meet if you have a mortgage or a family.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Personnel

Thank you for the time you gave CGI. We're always looking to update and improve all processes to make sure our team feels appreciated and that they feel fulfilled with their work. CGI some employees who've been here for 20 days, others for 20 years, both of which share the desire to make CGI great each and every day. It's hard work, but we look forward to the daily grind and challenge.

7. 5.0

Room For Growth, Great Managers

26 Apr 2021 - Social Media Coordinator in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth, Leadership, Experience

Cons

Benefits and Structure and Salary

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your time with CGI and your feedback! We're growing our company and are lucky to have such a dedicated and resilient staff to do so. There have been and will continue to be new and exciting opportunities for our team as our industry keeps shifting and we'll remain competitive within our markets.

8. 5.0

Excellent

27 Apr 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have nothing to say

Cons

Just like every other company

Director of Personnel

Thank you for your review and recommendation of CGI! Our Chicago team is such an incredible and dedicated group so we appreciate your work and daily effort to help CGI grow!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid place to hang your craft and progress.

12 Feb 2021 - Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your results and work ethic are very apparent to yourself and management early. It's never a mystery how well you're doing and there are multiple paths to correcting course if you're failing to meet expectations.

Cons

Sometimes growth can be stagnant as the years go by.

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your honest feedback and the time you've given to CGI! We're continuing to create new products while always looking to improve our current ones.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

CGI Review

4 May 2021 - Account Associate in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, learn a lot, able to learn multiple roles within the company.

Cons

was there for only a limited time. Training for the role was very brief.

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your recommendation of CGI! We take pride in offering our employees a fast paced role with the ability to advance quickly within our company. Simply put, if you put in the work you'll get rewarded, and quickly!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 242 Reviews