CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 206 reviews

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 13 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

1. "good"

I have been working at CGI Communications

Pros

good companey easy to work

Cons

work on management is good

Advice to Management

good advice to managemnt

CGI Communications2017-01-02

January 13, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your contribution.

2. "Super Generous and Thoughtful Company"

Current Employee - Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life, culture, management, ownership, schedules, clients, fulfillment

Cons

Some of the offices are really cold, and the elevators

Advice to Management

Do not change a thing accept add more of you!

CGI Communications2019-09-19
  3. "Decent"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to learn about a ton of different industries (since you sell to everyone), young culture

Cons

Heavy Turnover, very low commissions, pointless meetings, endless cold calling

Advice to Management

Pay higher commissions to sales associates

CGI Communications2019-08-28
  4. "I already miss my CGI family"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at CGI for over a year. While the job was difficult, I found that when I asked for help, I was given it. I was also recognized for reaching out and trying to better myself. I will say this about CGI, you get out of it, what you put into it. I learned a lot here at CGI, and I owe a lot to the people I worked with. If you're willing to work hard, and play hard, CGI is the company for you. I left for a better... opportunity that I could not pass up, but I would reapply with CG in a heartbeat.

Cons

Sometimes you do have to take time and work for yourself. Whether it's flipping your own leads, or role-playing on your own, you have to take time out and figure out what works and what doesn't if you want to be successful here.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is that when an employee reaches out and informs you that they are struggling, take them seriously. Sometimes, it is not their fault they aren't doing well, sometimes they just need a better situation.

CGI Communications2019-07-03
  5. "I recommend CGI."

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I left CGI to pursue another opportunity for personal reasons. It was maybe the hardest decision I made in life to date. I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months. CGI teaches you everything and demands only the best (which is how it should be). The management team is top notch and they are all extremely approachable. Being an employee here will mold you into the best you can be. CGI... does bring out the best in you, but only if you want it. Sales demands discipline, effort, and patience. Do not join CGI because you think the culture looks fun. Join CGI to develop yourself long term! There is not a single bad thing about this company. You become a part of a family and you will learn everything you will need to know for a career in sales. Without CGI I would not be who I am today. Valuable pros: - if you’re an executive, travel is a perk - associates and executives get insight on every state in America, how the people are, the cultures, etc. - access to management and employees who know their stuff

Cons

Advertising sales is demanding, fast paced, and its not easy. If you’re looking for an easy career you shouldn’t pick sales. If you’re not making more dials than the rest of the associates you will certainly fall behind in the skill set you need to become of value. If you join CGI, try to become a person of value to the company then you will reap the most rewards from the experience. Make sure to ask good questions... in the interviews and research advertising sales before joining the company. Although the classification of sales at CGI is advertising, the community partnerships are a significant differentiator. The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination. Lastly, if you do think you’re cut out for sales and advertising - I urge you to join CGI. Because of the partnerships, the opportunity is better than any other in the same industry throughout the United States.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything CGI!

CGI Communications2019-06-09

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the time you gave us!

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible place to work

Cons

No cons everything is great

Thank YOU!

"You'll want to pull your hair out."

Current Employee - Program Coordinator

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

You can travel. The CEO is a great guy. Great co-workers. Pretty okay training (they hype it up to be the best thing ever)

Cons

Benefits, base pay is low. No overtime so if you do work overtime you have to clock out and still get your work done... not okay.

Advice to Management

This is a cold calling job & it was very sugar coated that it was "warm calling". You drive hard working employees away in this this entry position & there is a high turn over for a reason. The excuse "it's not for everyone" isn't a good excuse to constantly scare people. This position is very important to the company and there is alot of stress and pressure already on them for little pay.

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

Thank you for the feedback. You're right, sales is a challenging position, but our community and municipal partnerships give our sales team a significant competitive advantage and has been a successful business model we've had for 30 years!

8. "Decent Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the team I was working on. They were a hardworking bunch of people and it was a pleasure to be with them everyday. I enjoyed y clients and was always excited to deliver successful results for them. Management was very generous with company parties, monthly lunches, and fun surprises.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like it was a little too much play at the office overall instead of work. The business wasn't a good fit for myself, but doesn't mean it is a bad company overall.

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time with our company. We agree, teamwork does make the dream work!

9. "Great starting job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and people.

Cons

Growth is scarce. And requires travel

CGI Communications2019-05-21

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

We pride ourselves on providing our employees not just a great starting position but also opportunities to advance. Look around and you'll see growth everywhere throughout the organization with zero travel commitment.

10. "One of the best companies that I have worked for!!"

I have been working at CGI Communications

Pros

The CEO and VP’s works very close to you on a personal level. You don’t just work for this company, it’s also becomes a family.

Cons

CGI Communications spoils you if you work too hard and overly productive!!

CGI Communications2019-04-23

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

Absolutely, this for us is all about the journey and we're so lucky to have such an amazing team (and family) to work with on a daily basis!

Found 206 reviews