CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too" (in 19 reviews)

• "I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Base pay is low and benefits are average" (in 9 reviews)

• "At times, hard work can be overlooked because everyone in the company is so hard working (barely a con)" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work with people who care!"

Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator
    Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for cgi for 4 years, starting in an entry level position and working my way up to a team lead. I have never worked for a company who spends so much time caring about their employees and consistently working on making their employees lives better.

-employee appreciation lunches
    -summer and Christmas parties
    -bonuses and incentives
    -surprise bagels, candy apples, donuts and even pies on thanksgiving!
    -consistently being let out early by our generous ceo!
    -production dept. got an entire week of last Christmas as a huge thank you from the ceo, which was amazing!!!
    -recognition from the president when you do a great job
    -our ceo pays for our parking!!!
    -employee lunches and team bonding activities
    -they will send you to training classes to better yourself and cover the cost!

If you show up, are ready to work hard and show the initiative to grow, this company will take care of you!

Cons

I have truly loved every moment.

Advice to Management

The digital team has two leaders that honestly care about their employees, I have always felt that they have had my back and that they have always fought for me. They both deserve recognition for how much the have improved the dept.

The presidents and Vice Presidents are very approachable and ask you to come talk to them if you have doubts or concerns, they want to hear you out and guide you in the right direction. I have never been afraid to go and chat with them to better myself and the company.

Thank you Barto for all the generosity you have shown to your employees, it has truly made my 4 years amazing.

10 Jul 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts! It never gets old reading reviews from employees that see the opportunity that CGI provides, and seize that opportunity... More

2. "good"

Pros

good companey easy to work

Cons

work on management is good

Advice to Management

good advice to managemnt

13 Jan 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your contribution.

"Sucks"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place sucks they distract you with random fielders to pretend the company isn’t going into the ground

Cons

The people are cool, the management blows

Advice to Management

Stop being money hungry and take care of your clients!

"The WHOLE company got 7 days off WITH pay for the holiday! Who does that?"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible management, excellent working conditions, great pay, follows through with committments, provides many growth opportunities, great staff

Cons

Offices are sometimes too hot or too cold.

9 Jan 2019 – Director of Personnel

We know right??!! How lucky are we!! CGI certainly has it's perks and being able to enjoy the holidays with friends and family was an amazing way to end 2018. On to 2019!!!

"**ATTENTION THOSE WHO ARE ON THE FENCE ABOUT CGI**"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For those of you that are doing your research about this company and trying to find out if this is the right step for your career, know that I was in your exact position not too long ago. Know that I am not a disgruntled former employee, I did not get fired, nor am I writing this out of spite. I am writing this in an effort to paint a clear and concise picture of what this company is and does. I know it can be hard to decipher between the really bad reviews and the really good ones. How can you know who is being real? I'm here to plead with you to not believe the good ones, for your own sake. I read both the good and bad reviews, decided to see for myself, and found that reality was found in those 1 star reviews, not the fake 5 star ones. CGI have told employees to write positive reviews on these sites to help counteract all of the negative feedback, even having employees make several reviews with made up email addresses. CGI will also try to point you to ReviewTube, a place for "real" reviews you can trust. This only furthers my point. ReviewTube is owned by CGI. They will call it a "partnership". Make no mistake, CGI has made this so they can curate the types of reviews that are seen, making sure that they are viewed in a positive light. I do not hate CGI. In fact, I'm quite fond of several people that I met there. However, I cannot in good faith recommend that anyone work here. I initially chose not to review CGI when I chose to quit a couple of years ago. But, after seeing them do the same things over and over again, being dishonest and having no transparency, I felt like I needed to speak up. The only pro for working for this company would be experiencing firsthand what a workplace should not be, and knowing that any job or company in your future apart from CGI will be an improvement. I hope this review has been helpful and informative. Bonus tip: if you are truly in need of a job, call McDonald's. You will be better off.

Cons

Yikes, not enough time in the day for this. *see Pros*

Advice to Management

Oi. Ummmmm, ya. Maybe don't have mass firings right before Christmas. Don't threaten people's livelihood because you're having a bad day or bad quarter. Try to reduce the amount of public shamings during office wide meetings. Despite that, all the best to you.

18 Feb 2019 – Director of Personnel

We appreciate your feedback. A lot has changed in CGI over the last 2 years! We're working everyday to improve our company and our image and we think you'd be surprised to see the changes we've made... More

6. "CGI is an incredible place to start your career"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started out as an intern at CGI before my senior year in College. Due to a great experience in just a 3 month stint, I returned after graduation and became a full-time sales employee. Over the past 3 years with the company, I have gone from a 21 year old college grad with ZERO sales experience, to being promoted numerous times and now making well over six figures a year. The accessibility of upper management is something that I have never seen or heard of with other organizations, and I believe that is what keeps the employees so driven. I truly look forward to coming into work every day, and a big part of that is the people and culture that make it such a great place to be. The negative reviews on this page should not be taken seriously, as the vast majority of them are written by former employees that simply did not have the work ethic or drive to keep their job.

Cons

Occasionally work with people that are less driven than myself

4 Dec 2018 – Director of Personnel

Thank you for your feedback and isn't it crazy how time flies?!

7. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The products are really outstanding.Reviewtube is gonna be incredible for businesses. Its funny,I have been with this company for 20 plus years. I still cant believe the energy level from the Ceo to the Sales Department, I make great money but that not what drives me.The difference we are making for my clients.

Cons

I gave the company a 4 rating because of immature employees throughout the company. To many non/caring people..

Advice to Management

Keep our motto of making a difference!!

18 Dec 2018 – Director of Personnel

Wow, 10 years! Thank you for your time, we're certainly lucky to have employees like you. Let's continue to make a difference together.

"Great Company to Begin a Career"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for advancement regardless of the time you have employed
    -Good management and team leaders who have a genuine concern for their team members and employees
    -Managers are always willing to spend time with each employee to be sure that they are in full understanding of their position
    -Excellent training and communication between different departments
    -CEO will reward the company by letting them off early on Fridays for great company weeks

Cons

Advice to Management

Keep incentivizing your employees to stay with the company!

4 Dec 2018 – Director of Personnel

Thank you for your feedback and you're right, we're a company that works hard for our clients and employees.

"Anonymous"

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people within the company make is a nice place to work with a solid atmosphere, very helpful, knowledgable!

Cons

The main position is sales associate, and really it should be called "glorified telemarketer." The products they sell are nothing special and really anyone can create it with a computer and a little creativity. The pay is not good either!

13 Nov 2018 – Director of Personnel

Our Sales Associate position is such a vital role in the growth of the company. Without a written script, our Associates use their communication skills and enthusiasm to speak with clients...the... More

"The ratings you see are likely false."

Former Employee - Production in Rochester, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Production in Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some awesome people while I was working there and we're still friends to this day.

Cons

CGI is a company that has in the past (and may continue to) get paid to "improve" the ratings of companies online by having employees create new email accounts and write fake reviews. I would take the high ratings here with a grain of salt. If it sounds like a sales pitch, it very well might be.

I have so so much more to say, but I'll leave it at this: this place is toxic. I don't believe that they value their employees, and from my experience it seems like they exclusively hire students straight out of college (pay is low, and college kids are less likely to know what's ok and what isn't.)

If you have any other prospects, I'd pursue them instead.

Advice to Management

You're not the wolf of wall street, and there is no amount of self-congratulatory preening that will change that. Later days, Blanketman.

20 Sep 2018 – Director of Personnel

While we appreciate any time former and current employees take to leave feedback, we do hope that spent time results in constructive and enlightening responses. We consider all criticism opportunity... More