CGI Communications Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 19 Mar 2020

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 14 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Why I'm Happy at CGI"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I LOVE downtown Indy. Our office is located in the heart of it. If you're young and want to join an office of hard-working, young professionals then CGI is a great place to start. We have a ping pong table too!

Cons

Hard work is expected. You decide if that's a con for you!

CGI Communications2020-03-19
  2. "I recommend CGI."

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I left CGI to pursue another opportunity for personal reasons. It was maybe the hardest decision I made in life to date. I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months. CGI teaches you everything and demands only the best (which is how it should be). The management team is top notch and they are all extremely approachable. Being an employee here will mold you into the best you can be. CGI does bring out the best in you, but only if you want it. Sales demands discipline, effort, and patience. Do not join CGI because you think the culture looks fun. Join CGI to develop yourself long term! There is not a single bad thing about this company. You become a part of a family and you will learn everything you will need to know for a career in sales. Without CGI I would not be who I am today. Valuable pros: - if you’re an executive, travel is a perk - associates and executives get insight on every state in America, how the people are, the cultures, etc. - access to management and employees who know their stuff

Cons

Advertising sales is demanding, fast paced, and its not easy. If you’re looking for an easy career you shouldn’t pick sales. If you’re not making more dials than the rest of the associates you will certainly fall behind in the skill set you need to become of value. If you join CGI, try to become a person of value to the company then you will reap the most rewards from the experience. Make sure to ask good questions in the interviews and research advertising sales before joining the company. Although the classification of sales at CGI is advertising, the community partnerships are a significant differentiator. The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination. Lastly, if you do think you’re cut out for sales and advertising - I urge you to join CGI. Because of the partnerships, the opportunity is better than any other in the same industry throughout the United States.

CGI Communications2019-06-09

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the time you gave us!

"Great Company to Begin a Career"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Opportunity for advancement regardless of the time you have employed -Good management and team leaders who have a genuine concern for their team members and employees -Managers are always willing to spend time with each employee to be sure that they are in full understanding of their position -Excellent training and communication between different departments -CEO will reward the company by letting them off early on Fridays for great company weeks

Cons

At times, hard work can be overlooked because everyone in the company is so hard working (barely a con)

CGI Communications2018-10-23

December 4, 2018Director of Personnel

Thank you for your feedback and you're right, we're a company that works hard for our clients and employees.

4. "I love my job - and I actually mean it."

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Young and energetic atmosphere, relevant and evolving product lines, high salary potential, and true opportunities for promotion. I have been able to payoff student loans, advance in the company with two promotions, and have a great social life, all while owning my own home. Not many 25 year olds are able to say any of those things, and I’m proud to be able to say that CGI has given me the opportunity to be where I am today.

Cons

Hard work and the stress of continuing to work hard and at a high level. This type of environment keeps you sharp and constantly growing.

CGI Communications2018-04-25

September 5, 2018Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to see that CGI has helped you achieve all that you have in life thus far, and we know that it's just the beginning! We will take you advice into consideration, and are excited to see what's in store for you.

5. "3 years and counting"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at CGI for over three years. I have worked in Marketing, Sales, NEXT! And now CDM! How many people can say that in 3 years they've worked in 4 departments and learning so much along the way? I've worked at companies where you are stuck. Not at CGI. I love working here, if you work hard, and care about what you do it's simple, you will go far here. Your efforts will be rewarded, and you will benefit. Management are skilled and truly care about their employees. Our CEO cares deeply about Rochester and the company itself, full of passion and transparency. He welcomes ideas and growth. Working in NEXT! We care about our clients and always think of new strategies to better our services. We are fearless. I have worked at several reputable companies throughout my years (I'm 32!) and I can safely say no company is as innovative as ours. We welcome ideas, feedback, growth, change. Our customer service department is thinking of new concepts to achieve ultimate client satisfaction. It's really cool to work somewhere where you can truly grow with the company. We are not stagnant, we evolve for bigger, for better. CGI has given me a brand new skillset. I am more independent, more educated and have learned so much. Anyone who has ever complained negatively about CGI doesn't not fully understand the mindset of what we do.

Cons

Times can be grueling, sure. It's not all rainbows and butterflies. Have there been times where I collapse as soon as I hit home? Sure, of course. I'm human. Nothing's perfect. But hard work pays off. As long as you do your job, you're going to be fine.

CGI Communications2018-02-24

February 27, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your motivating words! It’s so encouraging to see an employee seize every opportunity that crosses their path, or paths, in your case! We don't want to be a one-stop shop for employees, a bullet on their resume. We want each member of our team to fully understand that they have the potential to pave their own road to success here. To find a career for life. We are constantly seeking out ways to improve our employee and client experiences. Our CEO recently announced a new "Speaker Program" at CGI's Monday morning company-wide meeting and he has already lined up a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient to come in and address the company in the near future. If you, or any current employee, has a suggestion for a speaker, we encourage you to send it to the HR Department! Thank you again for your review. We can't wait to see what the future has in store!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You 100% get out what you put in -Lots of opportunity for growth -Great people and management -Hard work is rewarded with Trips, Prizes, and Company wide Shoutouts -Free Coffee

Cons

-Sometimes Sales Executives don't do proper research making the Associate role more difficult

CGI Communications2018-01-30

February 27, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your review! When our employees are happy, we know we are doing something right. CGI strives to ensure that both our executives and associates are well-equipped with the skills and attitude needed to foster a successful working relationship. If this is not the case, we hope our employees can feel comfortable enough to bring any inadequacies to light, and trust that changes will be made.

7. "9 Years"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

One thing that I learned from my parents is to be thankful for the things I have, and to give thanks to those I should. Today marks 9 years with CGI Communications and I would like to thank you. Thank you for the opportunity to work for such a great company and with so many amazing people. I have had the privilege to be part of something wonderful here and to watch it continue to grow and evolve. When I first started here we were on a few floors of this building doing video. 9 years later we are in almost the entire building, developing the 2 buildings next door, offices in other cities, a company jet, enhancements in our video line, NEXT, an entire Web department including SEO staff, Ad Words, Social Media, Snap Nation, and so much more. It is a pretty cool thing to see and be a part of. Thank you. I remember 8 years ago when I had just started in CRM we had a meeting in the atrium for the entire company. I stood in the back towards the hallway near the elevators listening to Bob talk about the company, the great things we were going to do, and about some of the people that worked here. He then said my name and asked me to come out. I remember how surprised I was working my way through everyone, turning 10 shades of red, shyly walking out. He didn't sound mad, but I was just hoping I wasn't in trouble for something. He reached in his pocket and handed me a 100$ bill and said "good job". I think my jaw literally dropped. I had been thanked by clients before at other jobs, but never been called out at a job before by my employer. I have to admit I do not remember exactly what I had done in CRM to deserve it, but to this day I still remember that moment of being called out and thanked in front of everyone. That was the moment I knew I had done a good thing in getting a job here. Not because of the hundred dollars, don't get me wrong that was pretty awesome, but because of the appreciation I received for just doing my job well. I love that this company does this on a weekly basis. I think that the way upper management acknowledges all the hard work and accomplishments of employees in every division is so incredible. It is pretty amazing to hear week to week about people breaking records, doing/creating new things, crushing goals, and getting praises by clients. As inspiring and important as it is to have our meetings each week hearing about best practices, proper perspectives, new ideas, work ethics, and ways to make yourself grow, I don't think anything is more inspiring than listening about how well my coworkers are doing and what they have accomplished. Thank you. I do not know anyone who works for a company that does so much for it's employees. From the summer party, Christmas party, time off, early days out, happy hours, employee appreciation, dress down Fridays, cook offs, Easter hunts, Halloween for our children, days off on the company yacht, to a rooftop lounge, free parking, a company gym, company yoga classes, and so much more. Thank you. Over the years here I have faced many personal issues. I have had many many struggles with my health. Ended up in the hospital multiple times. I had the loss of 5 people that were very very close to me all within 14 months, including Jahmal Kirkwood who got me in the door here. Everyone has their personal issues they have to deal with, but not everyone works for a company that cares about them. The concern I have felt from people here over the years, the talks I have had, and the "slack" I have been given in time of need is something that not many employers would give. Thank you. I am really not a kiss butt type of person and I hope that is not what you got from this email. I am just a humble guy who is thankful to be part of something great. I wanted to make sure i took a moment to let the powers that be know that for whatever it is worth. So thank you for letting me be a small cog in the big machine that is CGI.

Cons

I can't keep up with everything we are doing.

CGI Communications2017-10-20

November 15, 2017Recruiter

Wow. Thank YOU. This review represents everything. Everything CGI stands for, everything we hope our employees feel on a daily basis, and everything that our CEO, Bob, probably dreamt of back in 1987, but couldn't actually fathom coming to fruition that early on in the game. Fast forward 30 years later, and here you are, our poster child for true success: happiness and gratitude. Thank you for giving us a chance and for finding your voice within our walls. Your story TRULY means the world to us and to every future employee yet to experience the potential they could build at CGI.

8. "If your wanting a job that allows growth that pays..."

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been with CGI for over 12 years and to think that anything is obtainable monetarily and professionally holds true here. When I got hired many years ago at an entry level position I would have never imagined the conversation I just had with my CEO about my increase of compensation as a vice president and sales executive. As a woman in a professional sales environment making a quarter of a million dollars annually, it only goes to show if your motivated and steadfast you can achieve that here at CGI. If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too!

Cons

There are no cons,

CGI Communications2017-10-16

October 17, 2017Recruiter

Wow! First and foremost, on behalf of the entire CGI family, thank you for spending over a decade of your life with us. Your story is one that CGI uses to inspire and motivate other employees. If you put in the work, the opportunities for success are endless. Thank you again for your dedication, and here's to another 12 years!

"Marketing Executive"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CGI provides opportunities for driven, energetic sales people that want to make money while having stability provided by a strong support system. Being surrounded by persistent, smart, vibrant people inspires growth both individually and collectively. CGI recognizes and rewards hard work from their employees, while encouraging a positive work/life balance. I have grown both personally and professionally, thanks to my 10+ years spent at CGI.

Cons

In a growing company there can be a lot of changes, therefore you have to be willing to adapt and/or change positions based on the company's needs.

CGI Communications2017-03-23

May 31, 2017Recruiter

We truly appreciate your thoughts. CGI is proud to provide those opportunities, not only to sales people, like you stated, but for every position within the company. We are honored to have recently won the D&C Digital award for Work/Life Flexibility. It’s a true testament to the dedication and commitment we have to our employees. Thank you for giving us your last 10+ years and here’s to many more!

10. "Best place to work hands down!"

Former Employee - Account Executive - MONEY MAKER in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best parts of CGI is the leadership! I have worked for several employers, and never had the CEO meet with the staff on even a monthly or quarterly basis. Bob shows his passion for driving CGI to being the best company not just through technology, customer service, but its people! I left in 2014 for a personal/family reason, but am glad to say that as of 1/9/17 I'm back, and never been happier! This is my family, and if your looking for a place like no other look no further. Don't listen to the haters, and people that couldn't stand the fire and passion of this company. You can't build wealth like CGI does for its dedicated employees. Plus the travel isn't half bad! If you like meeting new people, and taking on a challenge then CGI is for you; on the flip-side if your looking for a easy no energy environment then keep looking!

Cons

So I'm a little challenged here, as I love everything CGI provides me & my family. I'll be real with you; you'll find yourself working longer than normal hours to get the results you desire, but I promise if you do the hard-work that others won't BIG rewards await you!

CGI Communications2017-03-15

May 31, 2017Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It’s always a boost in company confidence when employees leave and want to come back. Our CEO, Bob, is one of a kind. His passion for the success of CGI, our clients, and our employees is invigorating, and stands firm as the foundation of values that our company was built on. Hard work goes a long way, and we are excited to see that members of our team feel the same way!

Found 33 reviews