CGI Communications Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 7 Oct 2020

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "The way CGI takes care of its employees really makes all the hard work worth it(in 21 reviews)

• "Solid work environment, good people, competitive(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 15 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Innovative and always one step ahead

5 Jun 2020 - Account Associate in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

CGI communications has been very kind to me since I’ve been here. The employees and management truly make this company so great. The fact that CGI is so willing to adapt to the current pandemic amazes me! You would assume that most employers right now would just tell everyone to work from home, but not everyone likes doing that. CGI has taken employee consideration into every action they’ve made and have proved to me just how much they care about they’re employees. Even through these tough times, they have created a process to allow employees to work either in the office or at home. If you like to be noticed for your hard work, this is a place you want to be at!

Cons

My only con is having to be there by 8am everyday.... but CGI has now created a flex hours program so this actually isn’t a issue anymore! I’m not a morning person so for me to start at 9 instead of 8 is huge.

Director of Personnel

You're right, we've had to adapt during the pandemic but it's shown us how resilient our staff is! Employee feedback is always valued, especially to help our leadership make key decisions for the company to put us all in a position to be successful. Thank YOU!

2. 5.0

Celebrating my One Year Anniversary at CGI

20 Aug 2020 - Assistant Editor in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have always felt respected and appreciated by all of my coworkers/managers. I love being surrounded by people who push my limits and creativity to a whole other level. CGI is a great company to grow as an individual/professional at whatever field you may be in. The way CGI takes care of its employees really makes all the hard work worth it.

Cons

I don't think there are any downsides of working at CGI.

Director of Personnel

Thank you for your time! We truly care and we're so happy to hear your feedback!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Digital Marketing Experience, Terrible Work Environment

7 Oct 2020 - Google AdWords Coordinator in East Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

great digital marketing experience and teamwork

Cons

terrible work environment and management, low salary, no recognition for hard work, stress and pressure for only hitting goals not going "above and beyond"

Director of Personnel

We wish you had a better experience during your time with us. We do hold monthly meetings highlighting top performing employees and those who've excelled in their positions. Employee recognition is something we're proud of and our social media pages prove that!

4. 5.0

Why I'm Happy at CGI

19 Mar 2020 - Account Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I LOVE downtown Indy. Our office is located in the heart of it. If you're young and want to join an office of hard-working, young professionals then CGI is a great place to start. We have a ping pong table too!

Cons

Hard work is expected. You decide if that's a con for you!

Director of Personnel

#truth Our team in Indy is a dedicated crew who work hard to not just meet, but exceed expectations! We're happy that you're happy! Keep up the hard work!!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I recommend CGI.

9 Jun 2019 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

I left CGI to pursue another opportunity for personal reasons. It was maybe the hardest decision I made in life to date. I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months. CGI teaches you everything and demands only the best (which is how it should be). The management team is top notch and they are all extremely approachable. Being an employee here will mold you into the best you can be. CGI does bring out the best in you, but only if you want it. Sales demands discipline, effort, and patience. Do not join CGI because you think the culture looks fun. Join CGI to develop yourself long term! There is not a single bad thing about this company. You become a part of a family and you will learn everything you will need to know for a career in sales. Without CGI I would not be who I am today. Valuable pros: - if you’re an executive, travel is a perk - associates and executives get insight on every state in America, how the people are, the cultures, etc. - access to management and employees who know their stuff

Cons

Advertising sales is demanding, fast paced, and its not easy. If you’re looking for an easy career you shouldn’t pick sales. If you’re not making more dials than the rest of the associates you will certainly fall behind in the skill set you need to become of value. If you join CGI, try to become a person of value to the company then you will reap the most rewards from the experience. Make sure to ask good questions in the interviews and research advertising sales before joining the company. Although the classification of sales at CGI is advertising, the community partnerships are a significant differentiator. The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination. Lastly, if you do think you’re cut out for sales and advertising - I urge you to join CGI. Because of the partnerships, the opportunity is better than any other in the same industry throughout the United States.

Director of Personnel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the time you gave us!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Begin a Career

23 Oct 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Opportunity for advancement regardless of the time you have employed -Good management and team leaders who have a genuine concern for their team members and employees -Managers are always willing to spend time with each employee to be sure that they are in full understanding of their position -Excellent training and communication between different departments -CEO will reward the company by letting them off early on Fridays for great company weeks

Cons

At times, hard work can be overlooked because everyone in the company is so hard working (barely a con)

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Personnel

Thank you for your feedback and you're right, we're a company that works hard for our clients and employees.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start a career. Love this place and the people.

25 Feb 2014 - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for a year and a half. Was with another sales company before and worked in management before in the food industry. Anyone that says bad things about this place is confusing to me. They will hire you straight out of college. The amount of opportunity is endless and the people here are amazing top to bottom. It is a young company that works hard and plays hard. Everyone is welcoming, many different types of positions (if you are not a sales person their are still many opportunities), the management staff is clear with expectations. The CEO is the man, company parties, cruises, lunches, staff appreciation days. They reward hard work and drive. I can keep going for days on this. I was hired at this place and they gave me an opportunity to move up in 7 months. I do not know many companies in the country that will give you an opportunity to due so. Can't say a bad thing about this place.

Cons

None. People that do not make it in this place is because they are not mentally strong individuals. Literally talking to people on the phone is the most difficult part of this job. They train you to be good at it, all it takes is effort and you can be successful here. You work hard you get rewarded. Tough concept I know but it holds strong here.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Give your loyalty, trust and hardwork to CGI and they'll give it 5x back.

19 May 2015 - Account Manager in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

CGI is by far, the best place I've had the honor of working. They set the bar high but you get all the tools to succeed. When I started my career in the entry-level sales position, the training is top-notch, your coworkers are unbelievably supportive, and you get to have some of the best managers around. There's no grey area about your duties and responsibilities. In this role, you really get out what you put in, which is awesome. I have had an excellent support system through my advancement here at CGI. I put in the hard work and loyalty, trusting that CGI would reciprocate, which they have 5x back. The executive team really drives home the underlying theme of "transparency" here. The CEO, Bob Bartosiewicz, eats lunch with everyone and is one of the most amiable people I've met. If he doesn't recognize you, he will approach you, introduce himself, and ask you your name. That's hard to beat. Bottom line, you get to start and end each day feeling proud of the work you do here.

Cons

There is a serious learning curve here so this job isn't for the lighthearted. The learning curve isn't so much with the product or presentation but more so with mindset and perseverance. They expect you to work HARD and kick butt at your job. Work load definitely fluctuates, but its a sales organization.

9. 5.0

Invaluable Experience

14 Mar 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was extremely fortunate and thankful to get this job in production right after graduating with a degree in Film. I could tell immediately that this place was going to give me the tools to grow in my career. I set a goal for myself early and have been working towards it ever since. Management is always encouraging and recognizes hard work put in. The experience I've received so far in the production field is invaluable. The production assistant job isn't glamorous but it's a fantastic resume builder and the skills I've acquired would propel me if I were to seek opportunity elsewhere with film, but, with that being said... I'M IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN. I recognize the opportunity to grow in my field within the company as the company grows itself. I believe in CGI and where we are going. I'm willing to put my time in working hard as a PA with confidence that hard work pays off. Employee appreciation is a big part of this company. In the spirit of that, i'd like to take a moment to say that I truly do appreciate this company. As an aspiring videographer I will continue to hone my craft with CGI, in the hopes that I can have a steady helping hand in its growth.

Cons

You have to be willing to shine bright enough to reach the recognition you think you deserve.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for your dedication and motivating attitude. We are so happy that CGI was your first stop after graduation, and are even more encouraged as a company to hear your desire to continue on your professional path with us. We do strive to recognize all of the hard work that happens throughout our offices daily, and will continue to pursue new ideas and trends to secure our spot as a leader of the digital marketing industry!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get what you put in

16 Sep 2016 - Account Manager in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at CGI for 7 years and the best way to describe the company is hard work and loyalty are rewarded in kind. My experience working here is very similar to many other people, I have worked in a few different divisions of the company and have had both success and failure in my time here. The one constant is that if you put forth a true effort and have a positive attitude you will not only gain the respect of management they will also work with you to find a good fit for your talents. Where my story differs is I made some mistakes in my personal life and had to take an eight month leave of absence, instead of firing me or asking me to resign they offered to hold my position for me. There are not many employers if any that would show that type of loyalty and that is what sets CGI apart you truly do get what you put in.

Cons

It is company that expects you to be self motivating, upper management is not going to micro manage you. If you are struggling it is up to you to seek out help, management isn't going to care about your success more than you. We are a young company that likes to have fun, if you are easily offended or not a social person you will find the atmosphere challenging.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews