CGI Communications Employee Reviews about "sales associate"

Updated 22 Nov 2019

4.1
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 14 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "sales associate"

Return to all Reviews

"Sales Associate aka "Appointment Setter.""

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Decent work environment *Some of the staff is great, others are extremely snarky *Upper level/Senior management were great to work with and knowledgeable in their respected fields.

Cons

*The "sales associate" is a glorified appointment setter. In the 7 months I worked there the turn over was insane and not a single "entry level" appointment setter moved up in the company. *Some of the mid-level account sales managers want to do nothing but cherry pick, often getting upset when there's a "small" business in front of them. *Pay isn't that great. *Commute was ridiculous *Parking availability and costs are insane

CGI Communications2019-11-22
  2. "I recommend CGI."

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I left CGI to pursue another opportunity for personal reasons. It was maybe the hardest decision I made in life to date. I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months. CGI teaches you everything and demands only the best (which is how it should be). The management team is top notch and they are all extremely approachable. Being an employee here will mold you into the best you can be. CGI does bring out the best in you, but only if you want it. Sales demands discipline, effort, and patience. Do not join CGI because you think the culture looks fun. Join CGI to develop yourself long term! There is not a single bad thing about this company. You become a part of a family and you will learn everything you will need to know for a career in sales. Without CGI I would not be who I am today. Valuable pros: - if you’re an executive, travel is a perk - associates and executives get insight on every state in America, how the people are, the cultures, etc. - access to management and employees who know their stuff

Cons

Advertising sales is demanding, fast paced, and its not easy. If you’re looking for an easy career you shouldn’t pick sales. If you’re not making more dials than the rest of the associates you will certainly fall behind in the skill set you need to become of value. If you join CGI, try to become a person of value to the company then you will reap the most rewards from the experience. Make sure to ask good questions in the interviews and research advertising sales before joining the company. Although the classification of sales at CGI is advertising, the community partnerships are a significant differentiator. The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination. Lastly, if you do think you’re cut out for sales and advertising - I urge you to join CGI. Because of the partnerships, the opportunity is better than any other in the same industry throughout the United States.

CGI Communications2019-06-09

June 24, 2019Director of Personnel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the time you gave us!

"Anonymous"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people within the company make is a nice place to work with a solid atmosphere, very helpful, knowledgable!

Cons

The main position is sales associate, and really it should be called "glorified telemarketer." The products they sell are nothing special and really anyone can create it with a computer and a little creativity. The pay is not good either!

CGI Communications2018-09-24

November 13, 2018Director of Personnel

Our Sales Associate position is such a vital role in the growth of the company. Without a written script, our Associates use their communication skills and enthusiasm to speak with clients...the better the are, the more they earn! Sales 101.

4. "I love CGI"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are not just a number at CGI. A lot of companies out there that employ a large number of Sales Associates across several offices tend to lose track of each employee. I've been a Sales Associate in Chicago for a little less than a year now, started right out of college, and have a friendly relationship with not only my team leader out at HQ in Rochester, but also the Sales Manager, VPs, and even the CEO. This company cares about everyone involved, and all goals mentioned from the start are honest and attainable. Our CEO follows up on promises, and his honesty is reflected throughout the rest of the company. I love CGI's culture, the sales competitions between offices, and the overall end goal achieved from simply doing your job and working hard. - Mike ext. 201

Cons

I've yet to experience any cons in my time here.

CGI Communications2018-02-27

March 27, 2018Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are SO thrilled that you have enjoyed your time with CGI thus far. When it comes to employee experience, having multiple office locations throughout the country comes with its hurdles, but we strive our best to ensure each and every team member feels like just that: the most important, essential and valued member of the CGI family.

5. "7+ years of opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for CGI for more than 7 years. In that time I have gone from a Sales Associate in the ELL division to Sales Executive in the CVN division, then crossed back over to ELL, and finally an Account Manager for the NEXT! Ad Agency division. CGI provides so much opportunity for growth and they genuinely want to help you build a career. If you like to work hard and think outside of the box then this is the place for you. There are so many opportunities for you to shine and be the best you. In my time here they have helped create an environment that allows me to live my best life. I have a unique situation in that I work in an outside office (Chicago), have a 2 hour and 15 minute commute to the office one way, and I am new Mother. CGI gave me the opportunity to work from home 3 days a week so that I could continue a work/life balance. Without this I honestly don't know where I would be today. In my time here with CGI I have traveled by planes, trains, and automobiles. I have been through experiences that have forever changed who I am and gave me the foundation that will forever help me excel in life. If you are passionate, want to travel the country, meet people from every corner of the US, and work hard then this is the place for you!

Cons

You need to have tough skin and a positive mind set. You MUST want to grow professionally and personally otherwise this is not the place for you.

CGI Communications2018-02-27

April 19, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for giving CGI more than 7 years of your time! We find it encouraging and energizing when our employees are able to navigate the waves of opportunity here to build their own path to success. CGI is proud to have been recognized for Work/Life Flexibility by D&C Digital in 2017. We are thrilled to provide our employees the balance they need to give their career and their life outside of work the attention they deserve.

"Don't believe the reviews, Scam!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

An 8-5 job if you are a sales Associate

Cons

First of all, you can't take into consideration half of the reviews because after 60 days of employment, they ask that you review them and look. They do this to the few long term employees they have as well, likely offering bonuses. After all, they write fake reviews as a business! They're pros. This is a terrible company to work for. They lie to you from day one. They label the entry level position "sales associate" but you don't sell anything. You are a telemarketer and you bother people for a living. They discriminate against women, and pay men more on the hour - for the same job and seniority, from start date. They also don't tell you up front that you will be fired without hesitation if they deem that your numbers aren't amazing, and even if they are - they don't really have to have a reason. Not out of the ordinary to go in and 8 or 9 people to have been fired before the work day. And this is not a big company. Huge turnover rate. If you aren't fired before 2 months, you will want to quit anyways. This job is miserable even though they make the atmosphere appear fun. If you are in an outside office, be ware. They fire quickly in those offices as well and without notice. You will also have to come to Rochester for weeks to train and stay in a nasty hotel. But they make you feel special and give you the koolaid! They fired huge loads of people the week before Christmas. They don't care about their employees nor their families.

CGI Communications2018-01-30

February 27, 2018Director of Personnel

We are a transparent company who believes that REAL and honest feedback is crucial to our growth and development. That being said, we've created ReviewTube, where you can watch REAL video reviews from current AND former employees...check it out below: https://www.reviewtube.com/embed/rt_widget_d5.php?pid=D4T&pl_id=7p. Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about CGI. We appreciate your input. We are sorry that you had a negative experience. CGI has been around for close to 30 years, we serve thousands of clients every week, all while striving to take care of our employees to the best of our ability. Whether it's an employee review, or monitoring reviews for our clients, our reviews online are not fake. Each review on this site has been added at free will, be it positive or negative. We do encourage our employees to write Glassdoor reviews, and that is something that every company is, and should be, doing, but no past or current employee has been offered additional compensation to do so. We strive to treat ALL employees equally. The ONLY consideration for a difference in original pay structure is experience. Other than that, employees can receive bonuses and promotions based on their own individual performance. We are sorry that you were not able to pave your path to success with us, but the hundreds of employees that have, are, and will speaks volumes to our overall mission.

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a female who has worked in sales at CGI Communications for almost 6 years now. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to an executive position. I have seen people come and go, some that I am still very good friends with. I have people tell me "you can't make it at this company being a female". Well let me just tell you, do not believe the "Naysayers!" CGI has provided me a vehicle to reach my own personal goals that I have set for myself. Working here, I had no choice but to step out of my comfort zone and it has paid off for me both personally and professionally. I am on my way to clear six figures for the third year in a row and was just told I will be starting my own office come this November! The people I've met and the places I've been have been incredible. I am living proof that if you work hard and you believe in the process you can become something at the company female or not! The best part is that there are more goals to be set, and more people to meet. I am looking forward too more years of success here!

Cons

You do have to follow the process and work hard. This is not a job where you can just walk in, do nothing be successful. You need work ethic!

CGI Communications2017-09-21

September 22, 2017Recruiter

This is the stuff we LOVE to hear! CGI is thrilled that you have been able to pave your personal path towards success here. We provide the opportunity, but it really is up to the employee to take that opportunity and make it their own.

8. "A great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at CGI Communications for 3 years now, and much like any job, there are ebbs and flows. One of the main reasons I continue to work for this company, is no matter what, if you try hard enough and push yourself, you really can achieve anything. I started out as a sales associate, working my way from the bottom. That position helped be create a tough chin, and learned to take defeat and turn it into a positive. I then was able to branch out into 2 other positions in the company. Why? Because I wanted to. They want people who want to be great, and that is one of the most admirable reasons I am still here. We have people who have been with this company 10+ years, and they STILL strive to be great. No one settles for anything less. It really does bring out the best in you, if you let it. EVERYONE in this company is always willing to help. Whether it is with training, trying to move up in the company, or even just a refresher. It is a very upbeat, positive working environment. More than anything, they give you the ability to be creative, and do things that can help drive the company to new heights. I myself am proof, as they have given me the ability to travel around the country, doing my job and meeting with clients, while being able to see everything I have ever wanted to.

Cons

The truth is, it's not for everyone. No job really is. The only con, if you can consider it one, is you will be pushed harder than any other job. Success is a must! But that is with anything in life.

CGI Communications2017-03-20

May 31, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on CGI. As with life in general, ebbs and flows in business are inevitable, especially for a company that is constantly growing and reaching for more. The one thing that always remains intact is opportunity, and it sounds like this is something you’ve already grasped and continue to take advantage of. It’s great to see our employees maneuver their way to find what works best for them, and in turn, best for CGI.

9. "Great Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Competitive Salary -Unbeatable Culture -Great Managerial Support and Training -Reward systems continue to motivate employees while providing gains to both the company and employee both monetarily and as an overall employee -As someone who started as a sales associate at a later age than the norm I had more experience to compare this company to. The amount of growth that has occurred in my 3 years is why I can't imagine working somewhere else. That growth does not only refer to my salary although I have nearly tripled what I started at in 3 short years, I am referring to the growth that has happened as a professional and a person that was facilitated by management. The leadership here provides you with the support to grow and the ability to make you aware of the changes that need to be made in a positive way. This is something that stems from the fact that employees are truly valued here which unfortunately is very uncommon today.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company

CGI Communications2017-03-13

May 9, 2017Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review. We love to hear success stories, and yours is just that! When a company grows, it’s always encouraging to see its employees growing right alongside it. Keep up the great work!

10. "7yrs. at CGI"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive. This company has helped me to purchase a home... and look at the future as a gateway to prosper. The training and mentorship is here and apparent! Streamline and force your own future, put in the diligence, and time needed... LEARN, and EARN your craft and position. You will not be disappointed. I've worked at CGI going on 7yrs. now, and can honestly say: I've met some of the best, most diligent, learned, accomplished, and accommodating professionals I could hope to meet. Bob Barto - The CEO, Vice Presidents, and Management, know your name, you are not a number and they are vested in your cause. I have, what I acknowledge as, a very unique opportunity to build a future, with a career rather than a job, and WORK WITH our superiors & Team. Welcome to OUR Team...

Cons

Can't stress enough, you must be self-driven. We will facilitate and keep the fire burning, but bring the fuel.

CGI Communications2017-03-14

May 31, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with CGI thus far. It’s always encouraging to see our employees grab the bull by the horns and take the available opportunities to the next level. Your success truly is our goal and we hope that you continue on this path of promise for years to come!

Found 21 reviews