CHI Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 49 of over 1,863 reviews

3.5
CHI CEO Lloyd Dean
Lloyd Dean
Pros
  • "Good benefits and decent salary(in 68 reviews)

• "small hospital, good atmosphere, great people(in 63 reviews)

• Cons
  • "upper management is not really seen(in 56 reviews)

• "pay could be better for patient care techs, need to hire more(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 21, 2021 - Patient Care Technician in The Woodlands, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Christian based company, full time is 3 days a week, benefits are good

Cons

pay could be better for patient care techs, need to hire more patient care techs to lower the ratio of patient to tech

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Plusses and minuses

Dec 16, 2020 - Staff RN in Silverdale, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team workers are culturally diverse, have strong work ethic, helpful, good attitude, and skilled

Cons

Understaffed, poor support, too many demands placed on nurses detract from patient care

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Excellent care

Oct 10, 2020 - APRN in Little Rock, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent physician and patient care

Cons

Difficulty with finding schedule that works

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Toxic culture, terrible staffing

Dec 3, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros - frequent openings because no one wants to work here

Cons

Negative, toxic culture Severely understaffed in pharmacy technicians Can’t hire quickly or effectively Anyone can be a manager no matter how little training or qualifications you have Management is anti-union to the point where they will hurt their own bottom line and patient care

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fragmented organization with poor corporate leaders

Oct 1, 2019 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good promotional opportunities due to size. Good organization if you don't like to make decisions or work outside your box. Working in a hospital/division is a better environment than the corporate office.

Cons

Fragmented organization that doesn't work across departments to achieve organizational goals. Hard to get things accomplished and make a difference even for those who are motivated to do so. Employees and even leaders are discouraged from thinking outside the box and taking initiative. Very hierarchical and full of red tape. The corporate structure is too far removed from the day to day patient care and work of the organization therefore the mission isn't understood or felt in the corporate office and decisions are not made with the mission and patient care in mind. Corporate leaders are harsh and uncaring. The organization will never live up to its potential without major leadership and culture changes.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

MA at CHI St. Joseph Bryan Express

Apr 25, 2019 - Medical Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong community and a desire for excellence in patient care.

Cons

I can't really think of anything specifically the organization as a whole lacks in. I suppose I would prefer more frequent employee competency reviews and more frequent employee events.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Patient Access Rep

Jan 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with different departments to coordinate patient care provides opportunities to meet diverse people and helps to acquire valuable knowledge of the hospital.

Cons

Exposure to viruses and other bacteria sometimes causes more frequent illnesses.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Bad for morale

May 13, 2018 - Registered Nurse in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly patient care staff. Would've left 3 years ago if they weren't so great!! You are the only thing that keeps that place going!

Cons

Management is horrible. Middle management does whatever they want without being held accountable for anything. Staff not given tools needed to meet goals. Staff is blamed for dissatisfaction of patients even though it's because the building is in bad shape, nurses are chronically understaffed, and the equipment either doesn't work or is non-existent. Management won't let people transfer even if they're miserable because staffing is so bad. They'll find a reason not to let you go just because they can.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic organization

Sep 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay until they cut compensation recently

Cons

Administration values productivity over quality of patient care and creates stressful work environment with no work-family balance, forcing people out. Toxic management!

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

14 years and counting!

Jul 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for CHI Franciscan for over 14 years. When I think about what attracted me to Franciscan initially - it was their values and their mission. What I wondered before I started was if those were just statements on paper or if the organization really stood by their values and mission and it was demonstrated by their workforce - especially their leaders. What I have found over the years is that they do! Our organization attracts people who have similar values and a passion for our mission - to be the BEST healthcare organization and to serve our patients no matter what. I experience this passion every day in my interactions with leaders and front line employees. I am inspired by the dedication of everyone who works here from those who do hands on patient care to those who ensure our facility is clean and safe. While I have had some tough days at work, we all do, when I think about what brings me to work every day it is simple. I am proud of the work I do and the difference I make every day and being a part of something so important that touches so many lives. Come make a difference with us!

Cons

Our growth has presented some challenges with branding. It is difficult to keep up with who is now a part of CHI-Franciscan with all of the recent acquisitions of local stand alone hospitals and clinics.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews