CJ Affiliate by Conversant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2
CJ Affiliate by Conversant President Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is like any place" (in 9 reviews)

• "People at CJ are very passionate about computer science and will happily share their knowledge" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "CJ was once a company that embraced work/life balance but now it's nothing but a sweatshop" (in 6 reviews)

• "Or the tools we do have are totally outdated and upper management is clueless" (in 6 reviews)

"Great culture and strong values"

Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great work/life balance
    - fun office culture with company happy hours and outings
    - good onboarding process and ongoing training
    - co-workers are super friendly, collaborative and helpful
    - good on-paper benefits (401k, unlimited PTO, health, dental & vision, commuter benefits, etc.)
    - higher-up management/directors are very open and transparent about what's going on in the company
    - definitely feel like my opinion matters even though I'm in an entry-level position

Cons

- Nothing significant so far
    - At first I was a little hesitant/stressed because of an isolated bad transition, but now I definitely can see how much the company is invested in training employees and creating upward mobility/growth opportunities for employees within the company

"Good company, poor management"

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time

Pros

High caliber clients and variety allow one to learn alot about the affiliate industry
    -Colleagues
    -Our office let you bring your dog, some do not

Cons

-Account Directors - very poor leadership; they offer no assistance and are unprofessional and arrogant
    -Toxic environment - high-stress, lack of trustworthiness, lack of respect towards employees
    -Sweatshop - Directors do not care about any work-life balance; be prepared to work all hours of the day and weekends
    -Low Pay and no bonus or signing plan for some positions

Advice to Management

Be a professional company where you have Directors that set an example for those working for the company. Leave your egos at the door for a more positive environment. Value good work and good people. The turnover rate is off the chart and everyone pretends it's fine and does nothing. Talk to your employees about their days, their challenges. The business will always be there - it's time to start taking a look at your employees.

3. "Great company to work for with excellent company culture."

Pros

- collaborative enviornment amongst peers
    - career progression opportunities
    - strong leadership team
    - challenging work
    - Denver work:life balance

Cons

- workload can be tough to manage if you’re not efficient at time management

4. "Amazing company culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture was great. The "CJ Summer Olympics" is hilarious – everyone dresses up according to different themes and goes down to the beach to compete. Halloween is also a huge to-do at CJ ... each department does something special. The people are friendly – as is usually the case with people in Santa Barbara. Many employees are young and embarking on their digital/affiliate marketing career. Many people have been known to graduated on to better paying jobs elsewhere after a few years at CJ. It's a great place to learn affiliate marketing.

Cons

Annual raises are minimal. To earn more $ you'll need to be promoted into new roles.

5. "Electric Office Atmosphere and Laid Back"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant part-time

Pros

Very laid back office that is dog friendly.

Cons

Not quite being paid what I thought I would be.

"Incompetence at all Levels"

Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in New York, NY (US)

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch is provided often, semi convenient location

Cons

Poor Management, very long hours, getting sold again this year, not much company culture in NY office

Advice to Management

The New York office looks and feels like the it was forgotten by the rest of the company. The employees at other locations actually feel sorry for us if you ever get the chance to speak with them. I know that the work culture is different in NY compared to CA, but its too a point where we are being taken advantage of. On multiple occasions smaller teams were forced to miss company wide social events to address non priority client issues that were brought to our attention on the same day. This is easily the worst company I have ever worked for, and I have bulleted my reasoning below.
    - Management - does not address issues regarding long hours, offshore worker incompetence, or general questions about new tasks & initiatives. Some do not understand the lower level positions day 2 day, resulting in mismanagement of workloads, as well as their own time.

- CJ "Technology" - Despite the fact that our numbers are regularly questioned by clients, we are encouraged to tell them to trust our software, even though many within the company do not due to data discrepancies.

- Training - Many of the more knowledgable employees have already left for better opportunities. This creates a growing problem where new employees in lower management are faced with situations they have never experienced before, and upper management is to busy to offer guidance. Resulting in questionable decisions and backlash from upper management once it is too late.

- No reasoning for new client assignments, when an employee leaves, management evaluates each employees workload, and without consulting any of them, will assign you additional clients. Some employees will leave at 6 and have a great experience, others will be assigned multiple large high maintenance clients and work until 9pm almost every night.

- If you complain about this workload discrepancy, you are told that you don't know the situation and more or less to mind your own business.

This comment is directed specifically to the HR rep that will answer this comment, I approached the HR team and the ethics hotline with these issues, after feeling as though it was a lost cause, I left the company. You should start reading the exit interviews that you have us do. Since you keep promoting senior management despite specific complaints about them.

"CJ Affiliate - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager
    Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly do love coming to work at CJ every day as I am constantly motivated and encouraged by my supervisors, teammates, and clients to succeed in my role. Over the course of my 1.5year employment, I have been challenged to achieve and rewarded with promotion. CJ values hard work, positivity, collaboration and thinking outside of the box. The company is growing at a steady pace and I can confidently say I will be sticking around for a while!

Cons

Cross-Department collaboration needs to continue to be improved in order for the company to run as efficiently as possible. This is a work in progress!

"Power Through People"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within my team's experience, CJ management 100% cares about its people. When the team was faced with a year-long influx of workloads, management strove to ensure teammates were taking due rest/PTO to avoid burnout.
    While this is a serious business, the culture of people I've experienced is that we don't take ourselves too seriously. In other words, supervisors are more like mentors, coworkers and managers all have a group chat for memes, and people are readily willing to take a quick break to tell stories/jokes or partake in a quick board game. My teammates and I have, more than a few times, chosen to spend time with each other outside of work, which must mean we at the very least enjoy each others' company even after spending 8+ hours together, 5x a week.

Cons

I occasionally sensed that entry level positions weren't always respected as anything other than entry level; that said, I'd mentioned this to management and saw noticeable positive changes were made during the start to end of holding an entry level position. Still room for growth, but never a bad thing to know that management is actually listening.
    The culture can feel too corporate at times—in other words, process can sometimes seem to bog down genuine creativity/ingenuity, though I guess this is to be expected within a large company.
    Career opportunities can feel limited in variability, but this is also to be expected for a company with a very specific product/service.

"Do NOT work here!!!"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits on paper
    Some coworkers are great, NOT all

Cons

Too strict
    Below average pay
    Corporate politics
    Micromanaging
    Overworked
    Dishonest in interview process

Advice to Management

Let your employees be who they are and say what they feel. Support them. Uplift them. Be flexible. In the end, that's how you can find out the best in them.

"Truly Fulfilling Work Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started at CJ, I came from 9 years at a previous company and was nervous about making the jump. After 3 years with CJ, I can honestly say that it was the best decision I could have made. I've had ample opportunities to grow and exercise my expertise with a variety of people in the company. My managers have been wonderful about giving me a chance to push my boundaries and stretch the scope of my work. I work with some of the smartest folks in the industry and feel like people at every level (entry to senior exec) are given an opportunity to shine. I also feel like while the work is both exciting and challenging, I am granted optimal work/life balance. I love the flex vacation time benefit and as long as I am keeping up with my work, my managers have always been flexible and trusting of the time I need off.

Cons

In reading some of these reviews it seems like some other departments may have some resource issues that is causing burnout. However, there has been a lot of efforts made lately to adding headcount to solve for those concerns.