CNH Industrial Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated 30 Oct 2020

3.8
CNH Industrial CEO Hubertus Mühlhäuser
Hubertus Mühlhäuser
Pros
  • "Good benefits, opportunity to grow(in 67 reviews)

• "Market competitive benefits with 401k match being well above average(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises - you need to be promoted to a new position at the next level(in 32 reviews)

• "Bad Work/Life Balance, High Internal Competition, Digitally Obsolete(in 25 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews

"Alright to start here, but not necessarily worth sticking around"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Design Engineer

I worked at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

401k match, work-life balance, friendly coworkers overall

Cons

Manager biases are evident in some cases, managers actively suppress internal mobility, lack of career growth in practice, lack of salary growth

Continue reading
  2. "Some good with some bad, like any organization"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CNH Industrial full-time

Pros

Market competitive benefits with 401k match being well above average

Cons

A lot of leadership changes over the past few years

"Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Component Engineer in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance. 401k match is best i have seen.

Cons

Runs very lean. Some managers are micromanagers. No yearly raises. High turnover.

Continue reading

"** Software - Big Mistake **"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the pros of working here would be standard benefits package with 401K matching and events like annual company picnics if these are important to you.

Cons

The cons far outweigh the pros. I’ll start by saying I would never recommend this company to anyone based on my experiences while working here. This company has the worst non-collaborative, backstabbing, cliquey, culture of any company I ever worked. Anyone who rates this company more than 3 stars has never worked for a really good company. - I recommend reading the current employee review titled “** Embedded Software Engineer **”. It provides accurate information. - Ignore the bogus 5 star reviews that only list pros and no cons but indicate this is a “good environment”. These reviews are only posted to boost the company rating. Environment: - Prevalent backstabbing culture. I was stabbed in the back by another employee several times without any corrective action taken. - It is true there are little “cliques” which work against you if you’re not in the group. You’ll be ignored if you’re not in the “clique”. - Lots of cronyism in hiring resulting in people not qualified to be in the position they’re in. They’ve hired a bunch of people from a failing large truck manufacturer near by resulting in a lack of software as a core competency. Alot of “software greenhorns” with no software experience. You will be the scapegoat for software leadership’s lack of software experience. - Most qualified SW people leave this company. Outlook / Work conditions: - For a company of this size its very clear they are not investing in their future. - Company budgets and spending were completely flat no intention of investing in improving the current situation. - They’re over extended on project commitments and understaffed by large numbers which is one of the reasons they have so many open jobs listed. - Current project commitments far exceed their budget and staffing as a result you’ll cover 3-4 jobs. Work conditions are substandard: - In some of the work areas you could smell the sewer from the floor drains. - Plenty of old chairs and cubicles from the 1980’s. - You’ll see numbered metal box rodent traps all over the building. It’s disgusting to think they have a cafeteria and serve food in this building. This place is a total dump! Software Development: - Currently no experience with realistic project scaling, resources, and commitments. Teams are overloaded and understaffed by factors of 20 or more. The team I was on was understaffed by 30-50 engineers compared to their biggest competitor John Deere. You’ll be blamed for not being able to succeed. Even prospective candidates we interviewed would ask about team size and comment on how small it was. Seems the only ones that don’t get it is the leadership at CNH. - To make up for teams being understaffed CNH is overly outsourced. This over outsourcing has created a software architecture that is like a puzzle that doesn’t fit together. They will give money to any contract company who will hack the request together just to get paid. - Due to no process or coding standards the SW code bases show a total “hack-fest” approach to development. No discipline in coding or review of code. They've been developing code for 5+ years without process or coding standards. You’ll be walking into a mess regarding the SW code repositories. - SW developers you will set your career back 20+ years working here. - No product portfolio, program, or project management exists resulting in vehicle programs being late. I ended up having to also be the project manager for all my projects since there wasn't any organizational acknowledge for this need. - Horrible IT and network infrastructure. Network runs really slow. Employees would work from home because the networks speeds were faster through a remote login than in the building. - Network was not setup for global SW development, no multi-site capabilities, remote sites would download the source code repository every morning, also no dedicated build environment or build team for SW. They wouldn’t pay for the multi-site upgrade for software sharing capabilities. These are all signs that they aren’t prepared or investing in multi-site global SW development. General: - Get your money upfront. Company will low-ball you on the salary offer (I was asked me 3 times during my initial interview if money was the most important thing). I was evidently making more than they were willing to pay. Don’t be sold on promises of big bonuses. They do occasionally happen but not always. - You will work like a dog. Employee moral is really low. There is no recognition or acknowledgement of success. I shipped new products and there was no recognition at all. They don’t know how to celebrate success. - Most good people leave after 3 years vestint (some leave before). Company has a hard time hiring and retaining people. Any company that was good wouldn’t have a problem retaining it’s employees. CNH doesn’t care about its employees. - With the sell-off of Fiat-Chrysler last year and talk of selling off some of their agricultural brands challenges are ahead and the future does not look bright. Final thoughts: - I've never felt so compelled to write a review after my experience at this company. There is absolutely no reason to consider working here. The environment is absolutely horrible. It's hard to believe this place actually still exists given the TOXIC environment, outdated policies, and lack of software as a core competency. I really set my career back 20 years working here. The best thing I ever did was to leave.

Continue reading

"OK for short term, keep your long term expectations in check."

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New Holland, PA

I have been working at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good people/team members, interesting and diverse tasks and projects (get to see and be involved in many layers of the design and process), many 'problem solving' opportunities, yearly bonus on good years is awesome. 401k match is exceptional.

Cons

treated as a resource first, and a creative value-adding individual second. Limited growth/difficult to obtain raises/promotions, no/limited cost of living adjustments. Limited capacity for effective change. Lacking fundamental project management effectiveness as almost every layer of the business. European based organizations often bully their ideas and processes in and speaking up against them (even when correct about them) often gets one labeled as being negative, non-constructive, and/or detrimental and will result in a less than desirable performance score for the year.

Continue reading

"Worst Experience of my life"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Racine, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CNH Industrial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good 401k match Pretty much all of the cons listed are specific to Americas Finance Center in Racine, WI. I've heard a lot of other departments and locations are good.

Cons

I was really surprised to find out that such a dysfunctional and toxic work environment even existed. Upper management feels perfectly comfortable screaming at employees in meetings and telling mid-level leaders "not to whine" about working until midnight during close. A lot of petty bickering between departments. Pretty much every employee falls into one of two groups: the downtrodden and miserable or the pompous jerks. I was among the former, so I left quickly.

"Good company with competitive pay and benefits"

Former Employee - ICT Business and Applications Analyst in Racine, WI

I worked at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer pretty great benefits as well as 401k match, and a competitive salary. The people there are pretty great, and everyone wants to do well there.

Cons

The more social aspects of the company can leave something to be desired, most everyone comes in to work, and then heads home afterwards. Also, they are rather uptight about working remotely.

CNH Industrial Response

January 24, 2020NAFTA Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your past employment with CNH Industrial. We’re proud of our benefits package including our 401K match and competitive salary, too. We do have a flexible working policy that many people use in collaboration with their manager. We’re sorry you didn’t continue your career with CNH Industrial. Thanks again for your positive feedback.

8. "Rewarding Job, Difficult Management"

Current Employee - Test Engineer

I have been working at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The work itself is the best part of the job. It can be fun getting to operate a wide variety of equipment. Working on construction equipment offers the chance to get experience with several different systems (engines, hydraulics, structures, electrical, etc). The company itself has decent benefits, with the 401k matching is best I have heard of.

Cons

Management can be schizophrenic and impulsive. Raises and promotions are extremely hard to come by. Quantity and not quality oriented. Understaffed in key areas.

9. "Awesome 401 k"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Racine, WI

I worked at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

401k Match is the best around

Cons

No training, too many hours, too many levels of management

"Great Company overall"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in New Holland, PA

I have been working at CNH Industrial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent 401K matching. Decent work-life balance.

Cons

After a few years the opportunities to move up or move to different positions are limited and not really encouraged or supported.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 English Reviews