CSC Employee Reviews about "people"
48% would recommend to a friend
(1068 total reviews)
51% approve of CEO
Found 1,068 of over 7T reviews
Updated 21 Jan 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I am able to work remotely when needed and there if a good work/life balance." (in 431 reviews)
- "some good people and friends." (in 339 reviews)
- "Benefits were good at the time (around 2003) and # of sick days were generous." (in 245 reviews)
- "work culture is good and satisfactory" (in 169 reviews)
- "Flexible timings and work from home." (in 166 reviews)
- "Poor management who were continually obsessed with the 'bottom line' rather than what was needed." (in 413 reviews)
- "2. Low salary and Hike." (in 216 reviews)
- "Managers have nil technical skills." (in 154 reviews)
- "No training class nor material and when you voice a concern they tell you to deal with it and get over it" (in 133 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs of personnel as the company constantly reorganizes to reduce it's cost structure." (in 107 reviews)
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 1.01 Jul 2014Lead Electronics TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsFort Rucker, AL
Helping train Army pilots was the greatest expierence
Management has no clue about what is going on. Managers lie and get people in trouble because they can't do their job and blame other people2
- 3.09 Feb 2016GraphTalk DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSofia, Sofia (city)
Regular salary payments, food vouchers, additional health insurance.
Some experienced and knowledgeable people don't get what they deserve and many leave the company. Uncertain future for the Graphtalk department . Limited chance to work with Graphtalk outside the company. Good job for a beginner, but not for the ambitious developer who seeks a good career.
- 4.016 Sept 2016Senior Project ManagerCurrent EmployeeChennai
Mostly the work culture is fine to good. International work environment.
The People Manager are bad are very partial and their decisions are not cross checked by other senior managers. If you don't bother about promotions and hikes, this is a good place to work.
- 2.02 Jul 2013ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChennai
Work life balance - that too it depends on projects. Fixed pay structure No constant nagging by managers or team leads provided if you work is finished on time.
Pathetic HR team with no future prospects. Convansys merger has ruined the whole CSC Ind pvt ltd with abysmal policies. Constant change in the organization structure . Once employed forget about salary raise / hike because this totally depends on whether you bootlick / suck up to management. Incomprehensible management hierarchy with no clue about where people are positioned and impossible to reach them.(You can't even reach HR ) People are always too slow to respond and very lazy to react. Unclear processes and unfavorable to employees. Will attract and retain only suck up's.They don't care or retain talent.
- 2.016 Sept 2014PartnerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsFalls Church, VA
CSC has some very talented people who are capable of making a difference in the lives of their clients.
Compensation is a disaster - very inconsistent and far below even "average" firms. To significantly overachieve against the lofty targets results in a less than stellar financial reward. Actions of CEO are short-sighted and driven by a bonus plan which rewards him for an increase in stock price (in this case derived primarily through $1B plus in cost-cutting). His millions in compensation have come on the backs of many of my peers who have lost their jobs in the name of "cost containment".5
- 5.031 Aug 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Very competent people and highly motivated to be the best in IT technology fields particularly to big corporations. In CSC one can find most solutions at the edge of the present technology, to integrate a custom proposal with unique value to the customer.
One has to dig deep into the knowledge base of the corporation to find hidden treasures. Which is not really any cons if you have a treasure hunter mentality.
- 2.027 Aug 2008Support Desk AnalystCurrent EmployeeMontreal, QC
-good benefits package. -decent pay (although there is room for improvement)
-communication (you don't know you're doing something wring until someone slaps you in the wrist) -no team meetings to discuss ways that the department can improve -no recognition for job well done -no respect for people's personal lives...holiday schedules given out only the day before the holiday -HR dept. very tight with management, therefore, complaining about your manager mistreating you is often useless -HR invents their own policies, none which are documented in the standard HR guides -HR gives employees the runaround -people who get hired for management positions are very questionable and often not qualified for the job. -CSC cuts employees' breaks when the phones are too busy.3
- 2.026 Feb 2014Senior PC TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEast Hartford, CT
great co workers very flexible with hours
do not offer bonuses or any incentives do not recognize employees for going above and beyond upper management is not qualified and they move people up who cant do the job to cut cost2
- 2.012 Aug 2014Systems AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsChesterfield, England
It pays the bills The ground staff (the people doing the actual work) are mostly really nice and a pleasure to work with OK benefit scheme (but with no real clear-to-understand advice/instructions)
A freeze on training (3 years so far) Most of the time there is no recognition for an individual/team A human error is blown out of proportion (As much as you would love us to be we're not robots!) No pay rises No consistency with management Management take liberties Out Of Hours workers are forgotten about with poorly maintained work spaces & little to no facilities No clear routes of progression Seemingly never ending redundancies NO Job security
- 3.06 Nov 2013AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNewark, DE
Education provided was excellent and they were a great group of people to work for.
Work extremely long hours. No balance between work and personal life.