Cadmus Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 6 Oct 2020

3.4
Cadmus Group President & CEO Ian Kline (no image)
Ian Kline
Pros
  • "Cadmus has a very flexible work environment and staff can often work from home when needed(in 12 reviews)

• "Good and smart people, good cause, good vision(in 7 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Consulting to make a difference"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Associate in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time

Pros

Great people, impactful work. Always something new to learn

Cons

Large emphasis on billability; some disconnects between PMs and higher tiers of management

2. "ok for the experience"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, interesting projects, some flexibility

Cons

All about the hours, no career track, exec team out of touch with staff, serious management issues

3. "Associate"

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains as the company moves into management consulting.

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work with some great people. There is a ton of experience in the office across different areas of government, including very senior leadership positions. The employees are a pleasure to work with and the work is really interesting.

Cons

The pay is not competitive and the benefits have been slipping over the years. Not just things like the health plan and vacation (which are fine, but not as great as they used to be), but the intangibles as well, like office happy hours and group activities.

Cadmus Group Response

February 1, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback. Thank you for recognizing the dedicated team and leadership that help make Cadmus a progressive work environment! Cadmus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package, including a range of vacation, sick, and personal days in addition to holidays. We also offer a flexible work environment, health insurance (including dental and vision), and employee stock ownership, as well as other bonus and personal development opportunities to compensate our employees and help them achieve a positive work/life balance. We regularly review the elements of our compensation package to ensure that they are competitive while still supporting the sustainable growth of Cadmus and adjusting to overall market trends. We recognize the need for open communication between staff and senior leadership, and we continue to expand opportunities—both formal (annual shareholders meetings, all hands meetings, town hall meetings, trainings, employee newsletters) and informal (office outings, volunteer opportunities, seasonal gatherings)—to engage with each other. We are always looking for ways to better connect with our employees and encourage you to email your ideas to HR.comms@cadmusgroup.com.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Analyst in Portland, OR
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, nerdy but helpful and the company is transition from small to medium size.

Cons

Pay is hardly competitive and they expect a lot from you without that much pay.

Continue reading

"Challenging but interesting work, great people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company gives you a lot of responsibility for your own time management and workflow. As you prove your ability to handle responsibility, you're given more and have more ability to decide what work you will take on. Most of the staff is friendly, talented, hard-working, and team-oriented. The work can be very interesting. It can allow you to understand complex issues with building science and the utility industry. The compensation and benefits are excellent. Full health benefits, 401(k), and Employee Stock Option Program (the company is 100% employee-owned). A lot of the utility clients are great people, and the utility program participants are usually excited about energy efficiency and eager to show what they've done in that regard.

Cons

It's a consulting firm, so the work can also be very demanding. Our calculations and reporting often rely on data we need to receive from our clients or other team members, and we sometimes have little control over when we receive the data. The deliverable dates are often inflexible, so occasionally we're required us to work intensively to meet the deadlines. The basic expectation is to work 44 hours per work (basically, 10% over a normal work week). However, no one is penalized if they work a straight 40-hour week. Travel can be an issue depending on what area you work in. Some staff are required to travel more than they prefer, while other staff have a focus that requires them to spend most of their time in the office when they'd rather be out in the field. It depends on each individual's preference and skill set, but the issue can often be mitigated to an extent by working with your manager.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.