Campbell Ewald Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Campbell Ewald Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

3.4
Campbell Ewald CEO Kevin Wertz  (no image)
Kevin Wertz
Pros
  • "The work is busy, great people and awesome space to work in(in 14 reviews)

• "The employees make CE a great place to work because they create a down-to-earth, family vibe(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "It wasn't always the most glamorous stuff, but that's pretty much the norm in Detroit(in 14 reviews)

• "LA office is understaffed resulting in long hours and low morale(in 14 reviews)

1. "Great talent and overall good people"

Former Employee - Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

talented people in mostly all departments

Cons

low salaries and high turn over of good people

Campbell Ewald2019-09-04
  2. "Great people working hard...sometimes in spite of clients"

Former Employee - Manager of Brand Planning in Detroit, MI

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great, some of the best I've worked with in Detroit The space -- working inside Ford Field and being downtown was pretty awesome Management is typically quick to fix problems internally Work/life balance was ok (depending on what client you're working on)

Cons

Because they're still trying to recover to previous "glory/strength" management doesn't say no to client requests enough. As with many agencies, communication regarding new business/agency changes is slow and many hear this news secondhand/through the grapevine. Creative leadership was lacking when I was there (they've since changed creative leadership). Personally, I felt that there wasn't someone who could... provide feedback and an agency POV on all creative that really held the work to the highest standards. Creatives were often unsure if they were on the right track. They strive to be culture forward but I think they need to focus on becoming culture experts.

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes that will make the agency stronger. (COO/Creative Leadership/etc.) So no to clients' unrealistic asks more/don't "side" with clients simply because of fear of losing business (obviously easy for me to say and harder to actually do).

Campbell Ewald2019-07-02
  3. "Lack training"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time

Pros

Being around this fast past environment help me understand the advertising business.

Cons

No proper training. Lack of communication

Campbell Ewald2019-07-27

"Dysfunction and chaos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great, talented employees that work hard. Beautiful office, free snacks, espresso machine, some fun events.

Cons

Management is disorganized and chaotic. The agency is understaffed and creative resources are overworked and stretched too thin. There are constantly changes in the company organization and processes, and layoffs are common, creating a fear-based culture. Younger employees are greatly underpaid and often the work gets put on them due to poor upper management. Turnaround is high. Working at CE caused me a lot of... stress and affected my mental health, forcing me to leave. Know what you're getting into before you join the company.

Advice to Management

Work harder on the bigger picture - employee happiness, organization of the company, project processes, and operations. Realize that your employee turnaround is a problem and that it is a result of poor morale and dysfunction.

Campbell Ewald2019-05-21

"Bad culture"

Former Employee - Strategic Planner in Detroit, MI

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than a year

Pros

Used to be some really quality and smart people working here. Has an amazing office.

Cons

Horrible agency management. Everyone always fearful of losing their jobs. No real growth structure in place. An agency on downward trend vs upward trend.

Campbell Ewald2019-04-19
  6. "Great place"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people who are willing to answer questions and teach you about their roles

Cons

I can’t think of any.

Advice to Management

None

Campbell Ewald2019-02-07
  7. "Senior Web Developer"

Senior Web Developer in Playa del Rey, CA

I have been working at Campbell Ewald for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment. High-profile clients and challenging projects to work on.

Cons

The workflow is pretty loose. You often need to figure out the project details on your own. Project management needs improvement.

Advice to Management

See above

Campbell Ewald2019-01-10

"Not Worth Your While"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Campbell Ewald full-time

Pros

The people at the agency are very smart in their approach and understanding their clients from a high-level standpoint, but it doesn't align/trickle down into the day-to-day work flow. Their TRYING to create diversity in culture and thought through out the agency, but it's very disingenuous and you can tell it's just a check-off on their list to mask their previously publicized poor reputation. Nice views of Los... Angeles.

Cons

- Pay is very low and doesn't meet the competitive industry standards for Los Angeles at all. They're based out of Detroit and clearly think that Detroit & LA have the same cost of living. - Extremely high turnover; everyone on the account I was on left the agency within less than a year on both the account and creative side. - Inadequate scoping of accounts; I definitely felt like I was set up for failure,... and was not supported in my day-to-day or from a professional growth standpoint. - Agency leadership is extremely pretentious - Executive creative teams are divas that don't understand and don't try to understand the clients goals - Current leadership fosters an old-age ad agency environment which is contributing to the agencies very poor company morale and high turn-over - Lack of collaboration and can-do attitude from the internal teams was extremely frustrating and counterproductive - Lack of process; constantly changing at the convenience of leadership - No HR in the LA office

Advice to Management

Salaries for Los Angeles should reflect that market, not Detroit. Make more of a priority to be involved in with the People & Culture of the office instead of treating company culture like a check-off on your to-do list. Learn how to better manage the clients and scope accounts accurately, so you're not burning out your employees.

Campbell Ewald2018-12-21

"media"

Current Employee - Media in New York, NY

I have been working at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great clients, great team, great life work balance

Cons

weak leadership, fall back position to things done in the past

Advice to Management

less, what was done before and more innovation

Campbell Ewald2018-11-13
  10. "HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Campbell Ewald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of room for growth and great company culture.

Cons

Cant think of any.

Campbell Ewald2018-09-25