Capco Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 23 Jan 2021

Found 57 of over 2K reviews

3.9
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy
Pros
  • "Pay is solid especially given the work life balance (rare in consulting)(in 105 reviews)

• "When your co-workers and managers end up becoming friends you can do life with outside of work - you know you're at a company full of great people(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard on some projects(in 58 reviews)

• "senior management often overlooks talent(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

11 Apr 2018 - Finance Analyst in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of work-life balance is great Good work culture The people are open and collaborative Great people with an approachable leadership team Fun Environment and have a good career growth.

Cons

There are no real cons to working at CAPCO

HR

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you are enjoying your first year at Capco and appreciate many of the great things on offer. Our culture really is very unique and one of the reasons why many people choose to join our firm. As Capco continues to grow, the leadership team are committed to fostering this culture. We wish you the best of luck in your Capco career!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Senior Consultant

27 Nov 2017 - Senior Consultant in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great work culture 2. Work Life Balance 3. Great people to work with 4. Fruit of the day 5. Very supportive management

Cons

1. Infrastructure could be better 2. Compensation can be better

HR

Thanks for your review, which covers many of the great benefits on offer at Capco including our culture, people and leadership. We are currently in the process of improving our infrastructure as we transition to a fully independent company - please look out for updates. Our compensation is bench-marked on a regular basis in the market, including against the Big 4 to ensure that we remain competitive. Thanks for your contribution to the Capco team!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nothing new in terms of a service based organisation

7 Nov 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people around frequent parties and gatherings for employees to feel they are still in the organisation but even these pros look are not staying back anymore

Cons

A lot of favouritism very secretive in terms accounts and projects looks for new resources instead of using the existing ones

3 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that we have great people in our firm, and we get frequent comments on this from candidates, as well as current and former employees on this forum. A career in consulting means that individuals spend a lot of time working on client site, and as a firm, we want to ensure that our people have the opportunity to connect and come together whether through parties, social events or time in the office. This is an important part of the Capco culture. We put a lot of effort into our resourcing practices, to meet the needs of our clients, and the career aspirations of our people. This is done through a number of channels including our resourcing teams, our internal networking portal and account updates. Networking also plays a role in this, and we encourage all of our consultants to drive their careers with the support of their Coach, Manager and HR, and to seek out opportunities that they are interested in. If you have suggestions on how we can further improve resourcing in the firm, please reach out to your resourcing team, HR representative or a member of the leadership team to discuss. Thanks for your continued contribution to Capco!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Push Needed from Good to Great

16 Dec 2020 - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot to like about Capco: - Great people, and extremely talented at lower levels - Quality of the work we deliver is measurably better than others in the same Tier - Flat organization without the weight of unnecessary bureaucracy; ability to reach out to anyone at any time - "Don't need to ask for permission, rarely need to ask for foregiveness" flexibility to build what you want, especially when you're young - Compensation is commensurate with required experience, responsibilities Working at Capco has been great for me and my career; I've grown a lot, I work with people who value and care about me, and I don't

Cons

As Capco has grown, its pants have gotten too tight: - A federated model means informal networks abound; we struggle to leverage our scale and experience correctly. You can't even find an org chart or a single-page identification of our capabilities - Training budgets are next to nothing, and getting approval for external trainings and certifications is near-impossible (despite advertisements to the contrary) - Critical internal operational capabilities (L&D, IT, communications, knowledge / collateral management, dedicated sales support) are either woefully underfunded or missing altogether - Diverse hiring has been great; diverse promotions have not - CEO is MIA in both communication and organizational leadership / change So while my experience has been positive, it's disheartening to see the organization know it can do better but often do little about it. The tools and support I need to take the next step in my career just don't exist.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pros

I started out at Capco after graduating college, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start my career. Capco invests a whole lot in their ATP (Associate Talent Program), and I've been so inspired by all of the great talent we see at the junior level consultants. Capco truly embraces the concept of a "flat hierarchy", and empowers their employees to take complete charge of their experience and career at Capco. I love seeing leadership and senior management be so invested in coaching and mentorship. When your co-workers and managers end up becoming friends you can do life with outside of work - you know you're at a company full of great people.

Cons

Your experience at Capco can be and will be heavily influenced by the project you're on. However, you can also make the best of the situation and find ways to grow or stay connected with broader community, especially if you're on client site everyday.

6. 4.0

A nice place to work

23 Jan 2021 - Consultant in Brussels, Brussels
      Business Outlook

Pros

Horizontal hierarchy, great people and challenging environment

Cons

You don't always get to choose your projects.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Fun place

16 Jan 2021 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people in the office.

Cons

Can be stuck in a bad role for longer than you’d like.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

For career-driven

6 Jan 2021 - Consultant in Frankfurt am Main
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many great people, good benefits.

Cons

Some out of place managers. Putting focus on generic "values" such as diversity and inclusion, while not genuinely valuing individuals (you will be a number).

HR

Dear Colleague, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with so many great people, as well as the good employee benefits which Capco offers! Diversity & Inclusion are values we hold very high at Capco and the firm's commitment to these values along with respect and integrity are the foundations on which our business is built . We are sorry to hear that you feel this is not the case and we hope that you are open to a confidential discussion to help us to learn more. If so, we encourage you to reach out to Eva Sorgenfrei (eva.sorgenfrei@capco.com) who would be happy to discuss. Best regards, Your HR Team

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

feedback

5 Jan 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

some great people and coaching

Cons

lacks talent and and true consulting projects

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Capco regularly sees positive feedback about our people and our commitment to support them in fulfilling their full potential and we are pleased to read that you agree with this. The firm has a real diversity of staff and a wide range of talent. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have maintained our commitment to regular promotions and career development. The firm specializes in the Financial Services sector and we engage in a wide variety of projects to drive change, innovation, efficiency and improvements in a large number of blue chip retail and investment banks and increasingly in the Insurance sector.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

19 Oct 2020 - Principal Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Challenging and interesting projects.

Cons

Getting too big as a company and becoming too corporate

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews