Capgemini Cincinnati, OH Reviews

Current Employee

Great Company

8 Jan 2021 - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, reputable company, financially secure, most ethical company 5 years in a row

Cons

typically only services large companies

Capgemini Response

Thank you for the 5-star review and for community on the ethics and performance of Capgemini.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

it is ok for beginners

27 Feb 2021 - IT Support Specialist in São Gabriel, Rio Grande do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you are a junior IT support/developer without much experience, they are good at finding a big company to start the first job

Cons

health /dental insurance can be improved, communication between company and customer and employee needs more precise and fair for both side (now seems fair only for customers)

NA People Experience & Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a team member and thank you for your service. All feedback is extremely important to us.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Work Environment and Open Culture

22 Sep 2020 - Project Manager in Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul
    Business Outlook

Pros

Capgemini has very open culture and adhere to the values. There is also a culture of rewarding not only in terms of Salary and Bonuses but also initiatives like incentive and rewards in monetary terms for increasing business of the company. It values the employees and recently other competitors chose to lay off people during Covid-19 to save top executives jobs, Capgemini did not lay off anybody and some top executives took pay cut. There are opportunities to switch careers within organization in different roles and growth. Organization continue to focus on improving employee satisfaction using surveys and taking feedback from employees. Capgemini continues to be leader in various technology areas like IT Services.

Cons

Benefits like Health etc. at onsite could be better.

Capgemini Response

Thanks for your review and for sharing your experiences as a long-time member of our team! Thanks for shouting out the opportunities for growth and as well as our focus on listening to our employees. Listening to our people is something we build into the DNA of our company and allows us to continue to offer the resources to our team members to grow and thrive.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

IT Project Manager

24 Jan 2021 - IT Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

No connection with the Company. Only with the client.

Cons

No proper information to employees to complete corporate assigned tasks. Use and throw If the project ends, you may be assigned any project where you do not have any knowledge or need to any work other than your professional job

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worked at a client site in Cincinnati, OH

5 Nov 2019 - Associate Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for a good client. I felt like I worked for the client and Capgemini was just someone who wanted constant updates and paid me.

Cons

Poor management & poor communication - No joke, my manager went to India twice in the time that I worked there for an extended period of time and did not inform his employees. Managers generally only talk to you when they need something from you, not just to check on you and see how you are doing. You are also given a lot of verbal promises within a certain time frame that never actually happen. A lot of micro-management - Constantly being asked for favors/updates (weekly update, weekly meeting with manager which gets cancelled 50% of the time, monthly update, have to complete a tracker for time sheet and take a screenshot). Getting a raise is nearly impossible. Employees fresh out of college with no experience and the same role were being hired on for $5k - $10k more. I had worked there for a 1.5 years with no raise, only after having enough and finally bringing this up to the director, did he say that we may be eligible for a raise within the next year.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Consultant

Hello and thank you for providing your feedback to us. We're disappointed to hear of your experience here and hope that you can discuss this all with management. We truly value our employees and work diligently to give everyone the best opportunities possible. Thanks again!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Consulting firm with strong client base

16 Jun 2020 - Senior Manager in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging assignments, excellent training courses available in the cloud/Agile methodologies, Technical skills, etc. Top notch clients and many clients hire Sogeti/Capgemini consultants

Cons

Mentoring team members Limited pay increases 401K used to be top notch but now is just average. Need to add 401K Roth option

Capgemini Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Glad to hear you've had challenging experiences in your time here.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome place to work !

12 Nov 2019 - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Capgemini a large multi national organization with very good presence in Europe, APAC and North America. Capgemini continuously try to stay ahead adapting and investing in emerging technologies and business processes. Capgemini's values, culture, ethics and vision is of a World class organization and they maintain that culture in every thing they do. Cap provides good compensation and benefits for employees. There are immense opportunities to grow in this company. You get promoted when you start playing the next level.As simple as that ! Its a nice company to work !

Cons

Very large organization and sometimes red tapes make things go slower for you even though you have enough mechanisms to address your concerns and expedite things

Senior Consultant

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your time here at Capgemini. We really appreciate your many years as team member and will continue working to better the experiences of all of our team members here. Thank you, again!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company to work for

5 Feb 2020 - Senior Service Delivery Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good culture, growing company

Cons

All depends on your N+1 / Account leader. Some are very immature to deal with.