Cover image for Castle & Cooke Mortgage

Found 140 of over 143 reviews

4.0
Castle & Cooke Mortgage  Rick Cardillo
Rick Cardillo
Pros
  • "I have worked for Castle & Cooke Mortgage for 7 years(in 20 reviews)

• "24 hr Turn Times, 40% One-Touch Rate, Work-Life Balance, Amazing Management and Room for Advancement(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can't think of anything right now(in 4 reviews)

• "I honestly have nothing bad to say about CCM(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Tough times, great company

11 Jan 2023 - Mortgage Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is doing everything it can to keep progressing in this current market down turn. We had some major downsizing recently, as have all mortgage companies. To say it stung is an understatement. We lost some amazing team members, hard decisions had to be made to keep our doors open as long as possible. We will get through this! We work together, as a team. We share ideas. We create processes. We are always striving to approve. I appreciate management for showing care and concern in these hard times.

Cons

Detailed trainings/step by steps for even basic processes. (We are working on this though)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

11 Jan 2023 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small independent mortgage banker with minimal red tape

Cons

Nothing to report at this time

3. Join the Castle & Cooke Mortgage team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bad leadership choices resulted in hundreds losing jobs in 2022

29 Dec 2022 - Former Corporate Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

some of the employees but most of those were laid off and no longer there. They made the company what it was: Good.

Cons

CEO made bad choices w/$$. Maybe some would still have a job if weren’t for his several cd centers he wanted & trainee program he started that failed. They all closed down. CEO has laid off over half the company since May. Female higher ups have been problems. When a bad review is posted an email goes out asking higher ups to post good ones and have people on their team post good reviews too so they can try and save face. They are always trying to get poor reviews taken down. High turn over, pay below Ntl ave. Dishonest. Only care for senior positions. Promise promotions, tell u what to do then give to someone else. Act like nothing happ. CEO won’t agree to pay people what they are worth & have one of the lowest pay rates. People quit bc cant get raises and he doesnt care. He will just hire next person who will work for low wage and cycle repeats. He is more Concerned w/bottom line than with people. He puts on a good show for board. Culture is a joke and ran by bullies who have zero experience in culture or employee retention. CEO picks his favorites to do it. Old hr was good for employees and company but got rid of. CEO chose new hr. Hr has had so many people leave its the running joke. Hr hides employee exit surveys from managers. No exit interviews are done and if so feedback doesnt matter. CEO has fostered a lazy environment where higher ups are celebrated even if cost company $$ and costs good employees to leave. Why are these kept and not the employees who actually do the work and keep the dept functioning? Why are over 140 people without jobs in 6 months? Not just all high rates and no one buying or refinancing as reason for lay offs. Poor managemnt of funds and hiring bad leaders resulted in closing of cd centers.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

It's okay, individual acknowledgement is lacking

3 Oct 2022 - Administrative in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well in comparison to some companies at the same level in the market

Cons

Not much room to promote, retention not achieved easily

Recruiting Manager

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time here at Castle & Cooke Mortgage. We pride ourselves in being honest and transparent and encourage employees to be honest in our surveys. We would like to meet with you confidentially. Please reach out to the HR Manager and request a meeting.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nothing is what it seems

14 Sep 2022 - Loan Officer in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule with no micromanagement.

Cons

Training is subpar and computer system is glitchy to say the least.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We would like to meet with you regarding your feedback on training and systems. We take our employee reviews seriously and always want to make improvements where possible. Please reach out to the HR Manager as we would like to discuss with you confidentially.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great supporting team

16 Aug 2022 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being a loan officer is a tough position especially when starting off new. The team and the amount of support that is available is helpful in getting started. Lots of resources to never feel lost.

Cons

Must generate own business. Can be tough without a network or contacts.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review! We strive to make sure our employees have the best experience possible.

8. 4.0

18 Jul 2022 - Loan Officer Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, understanding management, banker hours

Cons

Recognition only afforded to corporate employees.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review! Please reach out to ccmhr@castlecookemortgage.com and email us with any suggestions or further comments on the recognition piece. You can also email our Culture Team at ccmculture@castlecookemortgage.com with suggestions.

9. 4.0

Terrific company

6 Jul 2022 - Regional Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and teamwork always.

Cons

No complaints about my experience.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good to get your license through, but not to hang your license for a long period of time.

11 May 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will help you obtain your license

Cons

Numbers focused Management doesn’t listen to employees Crappy leads Management will not accept feedback

1 person found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

30 Mar 2022 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, collaborative environment, remote work several days per week if desired.

Cons

They’re still working out some kinks in various processes between departments, so at times it feels disorganized.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews
    </>Embed

Castle & Cooke Mortgage Reviews FAQs

Castle & Cooke Mortgage has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 143 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Castle & Cooke Mortgage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Castle & Cooke Mortgage. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

80% of Castle & Cooke Mortgage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Castle & Cooke Mortgage 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Castle & Cooke Mortgage Job Seekers