Catapult Systems Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Jul 20, 2020

Found 7 of over 177 reviews

4.5
Catapult Systems President and CEO Terri Burmeister
Terri Burmeister
Pros
  • "Remote work policy allows excellent work / life balance(in 26 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, remote worker opportunities(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The 401K match could definitely be better(in 8 reviews)

• "Bonus structure needs to be evaluated(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company that truly cares about employees

Jul 20, 2020 - Business Operations Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, fun events, open-door policy, upper management is great at recognizing accomplishments, room for growth

Cons

Use it or lose it vacation policy, 401K match could be better

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Feb 17, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a somewhat small company, the relationship with management is as close as you want to be. Catapult really works with employees for life outside of work. The ability to work with extremely talented people makes Catapult a great place to grow, stay and/or launch into new ventures.

Cons

The 401K match could definitely be better. As a premier Microsoft Partner, the technical and delivery expectations for consultants can be very high.

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

6.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Catapult Systems~29276
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not for everyone, perfect for me

Nov 19, 2018 - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work, good pay, incredibly strong team mentality, managers allow autonomy without letting things go off the rails. Frequent and well-planned team building activities and events, and a culture that's cool enough to not feel corporate, but not so hipster-y that we all need mustache wax and scarves... ;)

Cons

At times you're going to feel like you're alone against a client or a situation, and if you don't force yourself to reach out for help you will be. Oh, and the 401k match is a joke. I guess there has to be one hard negative!

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid: Poor Leadership, Lack of Vision

Mar 27, 2017 - Senior National Account Manager in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay every two weeks....but will not pay you in advance for having a client pre-pay for a year of service

Cons

Anemic leadership with no clear vision of Managed Services nor Product. A technology consulting company historically with good culture and a leading presence in the market hollowed out after acquisition by the Chinese and that runs only on nepotism and kissing up to leadership. Leadership offers those on the desk little to no support, leaving them to sink or swim, and willing to cut bait at the slightest need to provide simple management support. Those who have somehow gotten themselves promoted to Management having no business being there as they cannot manage themselves out of a wet sack. Management has no skills to teach, lead or otherwise support their staff. Team member support is the only way you will have a inkling of surviving. *Do Not* trust the Company, as I was cut with no warning and days before vesting in to the mediocre 401K match program they have. Processes are cumbersome at best, requiring approvals from others above or laterally which will take days to approve, even simple changes thus putting your deal at risk. Unless you are just desperate, or a rock star consultant (not sales) in MSFT technologies, avoid at all cost.

11 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 17, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catapult is a good place to work. The projects are interesting, management treats everyone with respect and I get to work a flexible schedule. If I work hard, my efforts are recognized by multiple people in the organization. The organization has a friendly culture. It is easy to reach out to people in different cities and get advice. In addition, if I want to talk to people on the Executive team, I can just email or call them. Plus, I really like the people I work with every day.

Cons

It would be nice to have more 401K match. Good training programs, but could use some more strategic thinking on how to get more people engaged with the programs.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Flexible and Positive Management

Oct 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

More than a job, a chance to express your gifts, talents and serve like you're on a purposeful mission. Company seems to be ahead of competitors in crafting a vision for services in the new world of the Cloud and consumption based software. I've experienced and have heard many stories where Catapult leadership has come through for employees in tough situations with compassion ranging from time off from work, additional compensation or just a willingness to be present with the employee though a tough time. A specific time was when a co-worker's spouse was injured in accident, Catapult hired a cleaning service for the family for an extended period and offered flexible work hours for the employee. I've found fellow employees to be friendly and available to help and my managers to be flexible and positive in both the outlook of the company and my career.

Cons

As a smaller company some of the benefits such as 401k matching are on not par with the largest companies but the competitive salary can offer other savings alternatives. Consulting isn't for everyone as the pace and focus on service may not appeal to persons wanting the approach of a software company or the structure of an industry position.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, family oriented, great learning experience, weak benefits

Dec 6, 2013 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) I love the exposure to technology. 2) I love meeting a bunch of new people. 3) They are very forgiving if you have a family commitment that interferes with a project. They will back you up and not hold it against you. 4) The culture is top notch. The employee events are fun and interesting. 5) The pay can be very good (if you haggle for it or are an established name in the community). 6) As long as you are able to self-manage, you do not have to go to the office in between clients. Being able to work from home somewhat makes up for the weak vacation time off. But, make sure you are not a slacker or you will not last in this industry. 7) At least in our office, we are often able to manage our own projects (IMO, PMs don't add value unless it's a giant project that needs separate managing). 8) Every once in a while, a more experienced consultant will hold a training session to introduce you to something new so you can increase your knowledge and your value. 9) Some of the managers make you feel comfortable to talk to them.

Cons

1) Weak benefits. The only thing attractive about the benefits here is that you have insurance. The insurance premium per paycheck is pretty high. Almost no 401k matching. 2) They will sometimes try to push you into an engagement you are not ready for. So, tell them NO if you are not ready. But, this is not just an issue with Catapult. It's an issue with this industry. 3) Sometimes they make ridiculous inquiries about travel expenses. 4) As mentioned in a couple other reviews, not much formal training is available. But, to be fair, if you request a week on the bench before your first project on something new to you, they often will grant it. But, that learning is 90% on your own. The SME is often too busy to help you learn it. 5) The merit/promotion pay increases are not very good. This goes back to the "haggling" comment in #5 of the pros. 6) Communication is sometimes frustrating. Some of the more experienced consultants with that product simply ignore you if you send an IM/email with a question. They could at least acknowledge you and say that they will get back to you as soon as they can. But, again to be fair: There are quite a few who are super helpful.

3 people found this review helpful