Catapult Systems Managing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 12 reviews

4.6
Catapult Systems CEO David Fuess
David Fuess
  1. "Really great place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome work flexibility and great work life balance

Cons

Nothing as far as the cons go.

Catapult Systems2019-08-13
  2. "Nowhere to go but up?"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company, ample opportunity to have one-on-one interactions with management. Friendly employees and counterparts.

Cons

Having been with Catapult for several years, I noticed a few things - Catapult Austin is the nexus for this company, much as Redmond is for Microsoft. If you don't happen to belong to that office, you don't experience the company in the same manner. From camaraderie to benefits, the focus was still on Austin, even when out-performed by other offices. In the other markets, a lot of the consulting work tended to... work with very small clients. Nothing wrong with that, but I worked with these type of clients on an individual basis prior to joining up - it's a shame that such talented personnel often get assigned to customers who often are disengaged (and sometimes abusive). Management didn't seem interested in this sort of feedback, while at the same time highly encouraging staff to rate Catapult as a "best place to work" with Texas Monthly.

Advice to Management

During my tenure, I saw talent grow, develop, then leave - while this happens in all companies, the sheer volume of high-end talent leaving was quite alarming. Aside from a few stalwart people who continue with the company regardless, ask (and then truly listen - a real problem from mid-management levels) how you might better engage and more importantly retain talent. My time there, I felt like I was in a holding... pattern, not truly growing.

Catapult Systems2019-06-17
  3. "Good company to work at."

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Catapult tends to allow you a certain amount of freedom so that you can manage your work.

Cons

If you are new there tends to be a lot of micro-management and reporting that would be required.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate business model. Changes from the last 3 years are having a negative affect on client retention. Client retention will be a greatly needed component of the business model in the future.

Catapult Systems2018-01-12

Catapult Systems Response

January 29, 2018Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give us this feedback. Thanks for helping give us a better view of our processes.

4. "All signs are positive"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, fair pay, good people

Cons

Lacks processes, hard to get out of your wheelhouse and become something more if you're good at what you know.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the focus on managing issues with clients before they get out of control. Keep doing that.

Catapult Systems2017-10-31

Catapult Systems Response

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts and ideas. We note your encouragement to keep facing small issues head on so that they don't grow into larger ones. Keep up the good work!

5. "Cloud transformation is in full gear"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people. Solid vision for the cloud. Fun work place. With the progress we've made this year, I'm excited to see what next year brings.

Cons

The transformation to selling cloud services has not been without its challenges, but our leadership team continues to invest in the right areas and position us as a market leader.

Advice to Management

Keep the course and stay focused. It's important to make the right resource and $ investments in all of our practice areas so that they are all successful.

Catapult Systems2016-11-01

"What it was versus What it is"

Managing Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Catapult Systems for more than a year

Pros

Used to be a great, collaborative environment run by an enthusiastic gentleman from Austin who had a vision to create a great services company that would empower employees to do great work for its clients.

Cons

Now owned by a Chinese national company, the talent has drifted away and the vision has left as well.

Advice to Management

Should have kept Sam Goodner more involved in the company. Sam used to pull us away from our team code reviews for a spirited game of foosball.

Catapult Systems2016-03-20

"Great opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of support from leadership to grow and contribute.

Cons

Still flushing out business engagement models and standardizing across the company.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with R&D; standardizing products and services.

Catapult Systems2016-01-07

"Great company, great management"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work-life balance. Very smart and highly motivated people. Generally great engagements with emphasis on client satisfaction. Management is top notch!

Cons

Recently acquired by a Chinese company. There have probably been some changes, but haven't heard anything bad.

Catapult Systems2015-09-24

"Great Company that looks out for its employees"

Former Employee - Project Manager (Managing Consultant) in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family atmosphere, friendly working environment, challenge employees for growth, executives truly listen to employees, empower employee with self management and daily routine, monthly meetings, quarterly fun events, high quality co-workers, easy to collaborate with other employees.

Cons

Low vacation policy. Client work might not be for everyone, Consultants need to manage sometimes several projects, these last two are not a reflection on the company but on the overall type of work and a person who is not familiar with consulting needs to understand this.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and act upon employee suggestions and comments

Catapult Systems2014-10-06
  10. "Fair, Hard Working, Smart and Fun"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of really smart people who are really focused on delivering great solutions for customers, they are very fair with employees and reasonable for work/life balance. Very low turnover, a great place for folks tired of the nonsense with the average consulting companies.

Cons

Client projects can be intense and challenging. Catapult doesn't have the same benefits as the full time travel consulting gigs, so that is a trade off.

Advice to Management

Expand to the West Coast and internationally, which will allow consultants to have more opportunity for growth.

Catapult Systems2014-02-20