Catapult Systems Consultant Principal Reviews

Updated 2 Feb 2015

5.0
Catapult Systems President and CEO Terri Burmeister (no image)
Terri Burmeister
0 Rating
  1. "Great team, market leader, and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Catapult's main strength is its people. Really smart people working together to solve customer issues. Leaders with great vision and strong connection to employee. Catapult also has great relationship with Microsoft.

Cons

Still working though the big ownership change, and figuring out how to take advantage of the large platform. Once management figures out this puzzle without losing the original values that Catapult was founded on - they will have winning formula for greater heights.

Continue reading
  2. "A recognition that consultants are the center of the entire business model."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First, I have been consulting for many years (and for many companies prior to Catapult). Hands down I work with the most talented and brightest technologists and business consultants in the land. There is not a weak link given our recruiting process covers all aspect of hiring - technical chops, cultural fit, fun individuals, team players, and hard workers. Secondly, Bonuses are right sized and are given for the individual contribution each consultant makes to the overall business (whether the business is doing well or not so well). For those who have experience with other technology consulting companies, it's not about an arbitrary quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company that may or may not be paid out. Our metrics are well defined, and are based on the individuals contribution on a weekly and monthly basis (and bonuses are paid monthly). My monthly bonuses are predictable, and really just a regular part of my overall income. Third, Catapult's Systems model is to keep local consultants local. There is certainly occasional travel, however, consultants are not expected (unless the want to) to be road warriors. That speaks to work life balance. You may be able to get a point or two up in Salary by going to another consulting company - but that company is going to expect you to get on a plane Monday morning and come home Friday night. That's just not Catapult's model. Lastly, I have been at Catapult Systems for over 5 years, and there was not a single career growth opportunity or career development discussion or request that I was not supported on. Not one, seriously. Catapult as a company and a culture has supported any interest or career path I wanted to pursue. There are a lot of talented folks here, and not one idea or one voice is ever drowned out.

Cons

In my time at Catapult, one of the challenges (and benefits) was our size. Small company with tight culture, but sometimes we didn't get invited to the party on some of the bigger and more technical projects. I am hopeful that with the recent acquisition by a global company and our leaderships communication that our culture will stay the same may open up some of these larger and more complex (and fun) opportunities.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews