Catapult Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 23, 2019

4.4
Catapult Systems CEO David Fuess
David Fuess
  1. "Good company to work at."

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Catapult tends to allow you a certain amount of freedom so that you can manage your work.

Cons

If you are new there tends to be a lot of micro-management and reporting that would be required.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate business model. Changes from the last 3 years are having a negative affect on client retention. Client retention will be a greatly needed component of the business model in the future.

Catapult Systems2018-01-12

January 29, 2018Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give us this feedback. Thanks for helping give us a better view of our processes.

2. "Catapult has been a great experience Have worked hard and got rewards for the same"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work has been appreciated Pay package is competitive Good place to work at Knowledgable people Fun work environment Great work life balance

Cons

Fast paced environment - hence need to be up to date with the latest technologies at all times. One has to spend time on upgrading himself

Advice to Management

Great job Would take steps to make sure job security is not an issue

Catapult Systems2017-11-11

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for your open and honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write on our page. So happy that you feel appreciated here for all of your dedication and hard work. It's encouraging that you feel you are able to achieve a good work life balance with us as well. We note your comment regarding a fast paced environment and will think about ways to support our employees more through professional development. Thanks for your review, we hope that you have a wonderful week!

3. "Senior Consultant"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Good pay, interesting consulting opportunities

Cons

at times budget restrictions made operations more difficult

Catapult Systems2017-11-04

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts about what we are doing right and what can be improved upon.

4. "All signs are positive"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, fair pay, good people

Cons

Lacks processes, hard to get out of your wheelhouse and become something more if you're good at what you know.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the focus on managing issues with clients before they get out of control. Keep doing that.

Catapult Systems2017-10-31

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts and ideas. We note your encouragement to keep facing small issues head on so that they don't grow into larger ones. Keep up the good work!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is fantastic! It truly is a "family" that cares about you, both professionally and personally. I like to tell people that it has the perks of a start-up (fast-paced, lots of change) without some of the pitfalls of a startup (well established in business and process). With 3 very busy kids and 2 working parents, a flexible work environment is a must for us and Catapult fits that bill.

Cons

It is much smaller than many Austin companies, so while there are lots of opportunities to try new things here and expand yourself, there may not be as many Titles to step into if that is what you are driven by.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on the employees and they will continue to perform!

Catapult Systems2017-09-28

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for this review, it's so encouraging to know that you are having a great journey with us! We are thrilled that you're able to find a healthy balance between work and your life at home. It's so important for complete wellness. You make a great point about creating the opportunity that you seek. Since we are smaller, many times our roles are what we evolve them into. Thanks for this positive praise and keep us the good work!

6. "Always gathering feedback and acting on it!"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really listen to the needs of their employees and help address them in the best way that they can. Leadership is sincere and communicates their vision clearly and often. Overall a fun place to work with many fun events and contests where you can get to know colleagues better. Flexible schedules and working from home options are able to be earned if you work hard. Teamwork in consulting is encouraged and... personal and professional growth is highly supported.

Cons

Some of the smaller offices don't always have a lot of people in them, but that's just how it goes in consulting. However, this is sometimes good for productivity. Just depends on what your work style is. They do have an internal social media that keeps us connected though. And when the smaller offices do fill up with people on busier days it's always great to catch up.

Catapult Systems2017-09-05
  7. "Great company with a lot of opportunities to expand your learning!"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

I truly loved being a part of the Catapult team. As a non-techy person, I never felt out of place. Catapult strives for a fun, motivating culture.

Cons

The company is a bit old fashioned at times, you can definitely tell that it is not a "California," type of organization but it is still a great place to be.

Catapult Systems2017-09-03

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your ideas. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience while you were on the team! Have a great week. :)

8. "Great place - old fashioned commitment to employees."

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Good company with good values. Strong focus on employees. Working through a successful evolution of the company.

Cons

Some of the change in the company can be hard for some people, but they the organization is working hard to be positive and help people transition to new organizational structures, delivery models, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and finding new ways to engage them in the changing company.

Catapult Systems2017-07-27

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts about what we are doing right and what can be improved upon. You're right, change is hard but when we keep our people involved it makes the process collaborative. Their input makes the change worthwhile. Thanks for your feedback!

9. "Consulting company moving into a new age of technical solutions"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Great people who are willing to help and go the extra mile for teammates. As a consulting firm we get to stay on the cutting edge of technology. With the pace of today's change in the market place that is a very good thing and ensures skills do not degrade. Company is moving in new directions on the technology, business model, and business organization fronts. Great steps in the right directions. Career... growth is important and Catapult will challenge you to manage your career and growth. If YOU believe the company you work for should curate your career rather than yourself this is not the place to be. However, if you have a growth mindset a lot of impact can be made at Catapult!

Cons

It's a smaller company so career progression takes longer or more effort. There is definitely room to move up but be prepared to put in the work needed. Business units are solidifying into regions and one Catapult. While this occurs there is a lot of change taking place.

Advice to Management

Continue moving ahead full speed with the reorganization!

Catapult Systems2017-07-12

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback! We are so fortunate to have people at Catapult who are not only talented but passionate to go that extra mile. Curating your career is definitely a way to illustrate this. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts about what we are doing right and what can be improved upon. Thank you. :)

"Good Company with Problems"

Former Employee - A Little Bit of Everything in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard working and creative company. Mostly good folks work here.

Cons

Company philosophy is to grow without investing in additional head count, toolsets, and skill sets. Causes management to ask a lot from its work force.

Advice to Management

Invest in tools to streamline processes to make it easier to function as a team.

Catapult Systems2017-06-02